Recent reviews by newman

Lovely Planet is finally back with its third installment in the series!

Most reviews will compare Super Lovely Planet to the original game, or Arcade. I will not be making such comparisons because they're meant to be completely different experiences.
If you come into this game looking for a Lovely Planet 2 you will be disappointed.

I have to admit - I'm a sucker for the aesthetic. Just booting it up for the first time and hearing the familiar style of music was enough to put a smile on my face.
Set in a minimalistic, but mysterious, universe Super Lovely Planet offers a lot more story than you might expect at first glance. I've spent hours just jumping around the levels looking for secrets - and I've enjoyed every minute of it.

The game has around 50 levels filled shortcuts and secrets. The game awards going off the beaten path - question is if you're good enough to traverse the terrain. Getting an S rank on all levels is definitely not an easy task, but it's one worth trying.

There is one minor downside though. The controls. But don't let that scare you away!
They will feel a bit unnatural in the beginning, but once you've gotten used to them they will feel just a natural as any of the other games.
Posted July 29, 2017. Last edited July 29, 2017.