Recent reviews by Legendsmith

I get that this game is trying to be baby's first RTS, but going back to 1994 is not the way to do it. The final reason I refunded this game was that I could not STAND that it lacks waypoints/order queuing. this is a basic feature in every RTS from more than the past TWO DECADES and yet Northgard does not have it. It is not a technical limitation, it is an intentional choice, and I LOATHE the devs for doing this. RTS games have been trapped in the past for over a decade, turning it into all but a dead genre. Northgard just continues that trend.
Posted September 11.
This game has been out for less than a month and I have put 168 hours into it. This game is not for everyone but it IS for me. This is a simulator for reality that doesn't exist.
I've game that I've been waiting for since its announcement 5 years ago. I loved Hammerfight, Konstantine Koshutin's previous game, and I knew this was going to be even better. I am not disappointed.
Highfleet combines the most faithful depiction of Electronic Intelligence and Electronic Warfare gameplay. Familiarity with these concepts, and others is vital to gameplay, but this isn't just a game about carefully managing your radar emissions and launching Anti-radiation missiles at blipping dots on a display. Highfleet requires, and demands thought. You are at a disadvantage, even as you command thousands of tonnage of flying warships.

On top of strategic gameplay, the game requires aim and reflexes; and benefits from a cool head under pressure. Ship to ship combat is 2D side scrolling arcade. You can throw your ship around the sky to dodge enemy fire, but aiming on the move is hard when you're juking about, especially as your shots inherit your velocity. Yet a cool head will allow you to simply dodge an enemy volley with a short burst of your thrusters.

There's ship design, but this is a case of actual design choice; not a matter of simply mashing the best parts together; it's tradeoffs. So too with the social mechanics. Recruiting commanders to your cause is vitally important, but the actiions you take and the things you say affect the worldview of your men, and how people view you. They are your views. You cannot appease everyone; if you say what everyone wants to hear, your men won't believe what you say later when it matters. They know that you just say what people want to hear.

Highfleet immerses you into its world. It doesn't hold your hand. It gives you choices to make, but these are not binary or just a few presets. You can approach it any number of ways. As long as you reach Khiva, it is the right answer.
Posted August 21.
EUIV is a worse game in almost every way than EU3.
Posted August 9.
I miss this game.
Posted July 22.
DO NOT
Posted November 22, 2020.
Recruitment points are the worst thing in this game
Posted November 18, 2020.
I was gifted this. 3 days later I have 23.5 hours in it. If that doesn't tell you how good it is, I'm not sure what will.
Wold of Horror is deceptively simple, but highly engaging. You need to learn things, figure out puzzles, and remember. Write things down, keep notes. If you liked Cultist Simulator, you'll like this.

Oh, and there's mods.
Posted September 14, 2020.
Pilot a tank the size of an apartment block through a city.
Launch devastating artillery strikes.
STRAP TWO GAU-8s TO MECH AND HOLD UNTIL IT GOES CLICK.

Put optical camo on
Stealth your way through missions like a panther, popping out from the shadows and executing enemies with well placed cannon strikes.
Use terrain to your advantage.
COMMIT WAR CRIMES EVERY 8 SECONDS
Posted August 14, 2020.
TEN OUT OF TEN OUT OF TEN OUT OF TEN OUT OF
HEY HEY PEOPLE
Posted February 9, 2020.
It's a JRPG in space and that can be pretty fun. There's a lot of competent subsystems to the game. The Character art is pretty goofy, but if you can get past that and you like Space, JRPGs, and Age of Sail. I have to emphasize that this is absolutely a JRPG style RPG. It's menu driven, and you'll find yourself constantly wrangling the menus to get the infomation you need. If you don't like that, then don't buy it.
Posted January 6, 2020.