Recent reviews by Suzumebachi

This is the laziest garbage possible and does not deserve to use the TPB license.

It is liiterally a crime against humanity. It is so utterly devoid of soul and passion and even identity that it's just depressing to watch unfold. Note that I don't say "play", because it's not really a game.

This "game" makes Cookie Clicker look like Citizen Kane.
Posted December 21, 2018.
It's extremely generous to call this a game at all, but if we allow that just for the sake of argument, I could eat a box of Count Chocula and ♥♥♥♥ a scarier game than this.

5 minutes and 30 seconds I'll never get back. Free is too expensive.
Posted November 5, 2018.
Beats out even the original Deus Ex as the best "immersive sim" game ever made. Even after almost two decades the gameplay still holds up and the depth of the mechanics is insane, with many different playstyles and character builds possible. The hostile, claustrophobic atmosphere will have you constantly tense; you're never safe so there's never a dull moment.

The only thing that doesn't hold up today is the graphics. Even at the time of its release it was by no means a beautiful game, especially when compared to Half-Life which came out the same year. But this isn't a true downside because the SS2 community has released many texture packs and other visual improvements, not to mention unofficial patches which fix minor bugs or inconsistencies. So definitely pick those mods up from SS2's PCGamingWiki page, and the game will look as good as it feels to play.

Overall I can't recommend this game enough. I've been coming back to it time and time again for more than fifteen years and still haven't tired of it.
Posted November 27, 2017.
I was trying to think of the best way to describe this game in its current state, and then as I was navigating the godawful perk screen, it came to me. This game is a bloody mess.
Posted November 14, 2015.
You know the things Super Mario 64 was known for? Tight controls, interesting worlds and characters, complex mechanics, awesome soundtrack, camera controls?

Woodle Tree Adventures has exactly none of those. The world feels utterly uninteresting and it's impossible to find the motivation to keep playing, just to collect these meaningless items. It doesn't even display how many you've collected or explain what they are either.

Better platformers were made over a decade ago, I recommend skipping this one.
Posted June 26, 2014.
One of the most ghetto games I've seen. Not bad if it were the first effort of somebody learning to make games but not something that should ever be sold for money. Even when the price is so low it's not worth looking at at all. Do yourself a huge favour and spend a few more bucks to get Nation Red instead.
Posted March 29, 2014.
This and Bioshock Infinite came with my graphics card. I never would have bought it otherwise, and I was never a fan of the Tomb Raider games, so I went in without any expectations.

To my surprise, it's an extremely fun game. I honestly can't stop playing it. They really pulled off a great atmosphere and there's nonstop tension and even horror elements. It's a pretty heavily scripted experience but the pacing is excellent and there are big exploration/hunting elements as well.

The story is pretty interesting too and the indigenous Japanese island setting is pretty unique.

It's also worth mentioning that it's yet another fantastic PC port coming from Square Enix. It looks ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ great and there are lots of graphics options. Mouse/keyboard controls are fine but I still think the game works a lot better on a gamepad.

Unless you have a huge problem with quick-time events (even when they're executed well), I can't think of any reason not to recommend this game. As far as I'm concerned they hit it out of the park.
Posted March 5, 2013.
Definitely worth a playthrough. An interesting take on the standard visual novel. The writing is pretty amateur but the story is still interesting.
Posted September 11, 2012.