0.0 hrs last two weeks / 4.7 hrs on record (3.1 hrs at review time)
Posted: Oct 23, 2018 @ 8:22pm
Updated: Oct 23, 2018 @ 8:24pm

Big thank you to the fine folks over at IndieGems for the press review key.

Do Not Feed the Monkeys is absolutely fantastic, and one of the freshest titles I've played this year. This game is a bit of a take on the indie life management genre alongside titles such as Papers, Please and Urban Pirate. At first it all feels a bit abstract, but just jumping in and figuring it all out is very satisfying. Do Not Feed the Monkeys is confident in what it is, and will be a real treat for those looking for a great indie experience. The whole thing has a great attention to detail, and is nicely polished.

Essentially, you manage your life around work. There is a day and night cycle. You need to eat, and depending on the quality of the food you choose - your health will increase or decrease. For example, one can spend time grocery shopping for healthy food, or get junk food delivery. There are wonky neighbors, naggy landlords, mysterious deliveries, and more. While you do 'regular' jobs for quick cash - the whole game proper is focused on a voyeur-based mechanic. I'll leave it at that, and let you figure it all out for yourself.

While the store page may not immediately force your hand with the buy button - make no mistake - this is a gem you shouldn't miss. Certainly one of the more original games I've played in 2018.

Pros:
+The idea couldn't be more original
+It's really fun
+The whole thing is detail oriented, and quite polished
+The humor, style, and aesthetic are perfect
+The music and ambient sound is outstanding
+Once you start to figure it out, this baby is addicting
+I like how the replay value works
+Not super difficult, which is a refreshing change

Cons:
-None

What a gem. Buy the ticket and take the ride. Easily worth full price.
Ryan Dorkoski Oct 25, 2018 @ 2:56pm
Hey thanks non+u.
Dr. Nonu Oct 25, 2018 @ 2:39pm
Thanks for your review, would have probably missed this little gem without it.
Ryan Dorkoski Oct 25, 2018 @ 8:56am
Agreed American Tragedy. Thank you for the support.
American Tragedy Oct 25, 2018 @ 8:56am
Damn, this is so annoying when somebody tries to accuse you in shilling or taking sides, when you are actually just staying your ground, talking about things that YOU, personally, liked or disliked.

Seriously, people can be so stupid and harsh sometimes...
Ryan Dorkoski Oct 24, 2018 @ 9:01am
Crimson - what does it say under 'Cons' in my review? It says 'none'. I think that is your answer. What else would you like me to say? I found nothing I disliked about this title, for this price.

Again, I encourage you to take this into context with my other reviews. I'm hardly a pushover, and absolutely do not 'take sides'. I call'em like I see'em.
Ryan Dorkoski Oct 24, 2018 @ 7:18am
Anytime escafrisky. Thanks for the kind words :)
latte Oct 24, 2018 @ 7:17am
Ryan Dorkoski Oct 24, 2018 @ 3:57am
And 10-12 hours apparently to see all.
Ryan Dorkoski Oct 24, 2018 @ 3:41am
Browse some of my other reviews. I don't take sides. If anything I verge on being more harsh due to a flooded market.
latte Oct 23, 2018 @ 10:29pm
How good is the play time? Thanks for posting this review!