Recent reviews by Sol_HSA

< 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 >
Based on my ~40 minute stint: the game talks a lot but says very little. Even after 40 minutes the game hasn't really given me much of a motivation to keep playing. Feels like the game is just wasting my time.
Posted July 8.
On one hand, this feels like an unity tutorial result.
On the other hand, the art assets are pretty nice.
On the third hand, it tries so very hard to be stupid.
It has its charm, but it's really, really short and...
sigh.
Posted January 26.
Like the previous game in the series, better than it has any right to be. The content is, like with all visual novels, primarily just text, but having 3 gigabytes of animated backgrounds and soundscapes helps a lot.
If you liked "coteries of new york", this continues the story. It's much more linear than the previous one but on the other hand feels a bit longer, maybe?
Posted January 3.
If you liked darksiders 1 or 2, you'll probably like this.

I tried to like this. I think it's better than the previous games, and I managed to play it longer than the previous chapters. I do get bored with the endless fights that - like in the previous games - don't feel like I'm doing any damage, every little grunt requires several hits.

So I did what's sensible, and cheated the heck out of the game. At level 300, set all three categories (health, damage, magic) to 300 skill points, and sure, the game was fun for a while. Then suddenly the difficulty curve hopped sky high again, every single grunt requiring tons of dodging and bashing even with all that damage and health, and I got really bored to dying over and over again.

I thought about using invulnerability but nah, I've seen enough. Next..
Posted December 1, 2020.
This game ticks a lot of boxes in star control 2 kind of way for me - space exploration, lots of story, etc. Enjoyed it quite a bit.
Posted November 26, 2020.
If you loved the first and want the story to continue, hop in. If you didn't play the original, play the original first.
Posted June 29, 2020.
Worse things happen at sea.
Posted June 27, 2020.
Extremely well crafted gaming experience.
Posted June 21, 2020.
Delightfully absurd.
Posted May 1, 2020.
Seems like something that might be good, if it could be played. Tried with gamepad, throwing the spider web is inaccurate and unresponsive. Didn't get through first tutorial. Switched to keyboard and mouse, got through the first tutorial easily (because you can actually aim where the web is thrown), but got stuck in a later tutorial because the web just stopped spawning. Feels like this game is just broken :(
Posted April 1, 2020.