Recent reviews by Edward

PUBG, the "ultimate" battle royale experience as they said back in 2017 really failed to deliver that "ultimate" experience after more than 2 years in development including early access, "FIX PUBG Campaign" as they named it, etc. After 2 years this game still feels like it's an "Early Access Alpha" game, honestly it's even worse than it was. With every patch they release the game feels worse, generating a tonne of new bugs and game breaking glitches which are unacceptable since they even have a separate "Test Server" of a game where you can play with the newest patch while they test the newest patch and after that they patch it on the "Live servers".

Moving on from the obvious bugs and glitches. There's the rampant cheating that is happening since the game launched on Steam and gradually it's got worse and worse. According to the BattleEye anti-cheat software for PUBG back in January 2018 they banned more than 1 million PUBG cheaters in January alone! This is a fact, so nobody can deny the rampant cheating in this game and blame it on the players that they are whining too much.

Other thing that bothers me is the automatic region selection they reworked so they said this will fix the issue for players who are deliberately joining regions where they have high ping so they can abuse this in various different ways and make the experience for others really bad. Nothing changed. I still get people teleporting in front of me with 200-300 ms/ping, so this update didn't fix anything.

Going on forward to the core gameplay of the game now. Oh boy the movement in this game feels very clunky, laggy and out of sync. The netcode and the desync in this game is the worst I have ever saw in any multiplayer game I've ever played. The servers aren't any better either, they're in the same crap category as the netcode and desync of this game. Like what the actual hell, sometimes the lag is unbearable so you would think wait a minute am I lagging this much? Wrong, the game's performance is just that bad. The most triggering thing is the desync in between fights, I'm fighting with a guy so we are peeking and trying to pull of a shot on each other I go back in cover and after like 1.5-2 seconds I'm getting shot or knocked out by a headshot behind the cover all this while I have 25 ms/ping, 0 packet loss, 0 choke and average 130-150 fps. This is not even the worst thing, the worst thing after this when you go watch the death cam and replay it shows a completely different scenario than what you experienced LIVE in action. In the death cam and replay of the game I didn't even go behind a cover it shows I was hard peeking it until I got a headshot. So the live fight and the replay or death cam sometimes shows a different scenario than what actually happened due to crap netcode and desync. Great isn't it?

To conclude this review I can only say for PUBG that when you write this game down on paper it sounds great and trully it's an awesome game, but with all these major problems the "Ultimate" battle royale experience is nonexistent.
If they remake and update the game's engine, remove the water under the map so the performance would be much better, get better servers and actually get a competent developer team that has talent and experience with games like this, then this game will be the best Battle Royale game you can play.

Posted July 6, 2019.
First of all please don't pay attention to people who write reviews here whining how the game is hard and they're struggling on easiest difficulty.

The game is taking place fifteen years after the events of Alien (the movie), you play as Ellen Ripley's daughter Amanda trying to find out the truth about her mother's disappearance.
I was really surprised that the game could bring back the nostalgia feeling from the first Alien movie, the game's atmosphere is really on point.
This game is basically a survivor horror so most of the time you will be trying to escape from the alien and using stuff you find so you can make weapons and throwable bombs, molotovs, etc so you can defend yourself. I really can't say anything else about the main storyline without spoiling major plots about the game, so I will just conclude my review here.
Last but not least if you are not an Alien franchise fan or a survivor horror game genre fan you probably won't like the game, but either way I still recommend playing this gem of a game.
Posted June 4, 2019.
Another "battle royale" game and it's free, sounds good right? Well it's a yes and no situation here, don't get me wrong this game is a decent battle royale game in the "free to play" category but it's far from a great game.

After playing almost 7 hours of this game I can already say that I experienced this game in its fullest potential, even won a few matches too while I was trying out this game. Firstly this game is not for everyone not even for most of the battle royale fans, I thought PUBG felt a bit lackluster with their laggy servers and that annoying desync that you still can experience in that game currently, but no. Let me tell you PUBG is far superior in every aspect than Ring of Elysium even with a few annoying technical problems that PUBG still has unfortunately.
First of all Ring of Elysium feels like a very casual mobile game, this game has one of the worst movement system implementation that I have ever experienced in FPS or battle royale type games. The whole game feels very bad, the gunplay isn't good either, you can't even peek in this game like what the hell? Before you come here and tell me yes I know there's a peek system implemented where you can peek if you are at the corner of some wall but that's just dumb, in a game like this you would at least expect so you can peek whenever you want not just at the end of a freakin' wall.
Only by not having the proper "peek" system implemented in Ring of Elysium ruins the gunplay when you are fighting off a whole squad while your buddies are knocked down or even in solo games.
Additionally the end game of Ring of Elysium is awful too, most of the end game is based on camping around the helicopter while you can't even see anything in the storm so the end game is based of if you can "out heal" your opponents by having more heals than them you will win most end games. Yes it's unique, but takes away the great feeling of the exciting 1v1 situations or even the last two squads having a final battle for the first place.

The skill gap in this game compared to the other battle royale game like PUBG is non existent, if you like competitive games where skill on some levels actually matters or you are a hardcore FPS gamer then Ring of Elysium is not for you. If you are a casual gamer who wants to enjoy a game with friends and fool around or even play solo matches and you don't care about issues like these or you don't care about the skill gap in games then this game is for you.

Posted December 6, 2018.
Oh boy where do I even start, "Mafia" is an old classic, a very underrated game by today's standards. I remember playing this game when i was in grade school, much later in 2011 I bought this game on Steam too and I have never actually wrote a review for this game.
Reading through other reviews by people, the media and even newer "retro" reviews I was glad that people do still remember this great game even after more than 16 years since it was released. On the other hand I was annoyed a bit that people still try to compare "Mafia" to the "Grand Theft Auto" series which just blows my mind, this game isn't GTA and it was never meant to be a "GTA" game. Just because there is a semi-open world with a bit of driving involved, a character that you control in 3rd person doesn't mean it's automatically a "GTA" clone.

"Mafia" is a linear game that is trying to show and tell a realistic story about organized crime back in the 1930s and sure it does it very well. The summary of the game's story is that you are Thomas Angelo, a normal guy trying to make a living by driving a Taxi for a respectable company. One day you are caught up with two mobsters at the wrong place and wrong time, forced to help these mobsters get away from some other guys. When you get these men back to their safe location at the "Salieri's Bar", they show you appreciation from their Don because you helped them get away. They even offered Tommy a job if he is willing to work for them because they appreciate a guy that helped them. Later on Tommy will get jumped by the other mobsters from the rival family who were chasing the guys Tommy just saved a day before. Tommy successfully escapes from these mobsters back to the Salieri's bar where he dropped off Salieri's guys just a day before. This is how the story starts for Thomas Angelo, a new guy, just joined the Salieri family because he was kind of forced to get help from them. After these events the game's story continues to show Thomas Angelo as he rises through the ranks of organized crime.
For a game this old it holds up really good even after 16 years, obviously there are minor bugs and glitches here and there but it's not like games nowadays don't have any, right?
This game is a classic and in my opinion the best work that "Illusion Softworks" did in this genre of games, there's other good games that portray a realistic image of organized crime back in the 1930s but this game tops them all off.
To conclude my review, in my opinion this game is a masterpiece that told a realistic story and I don't think any new game in the coming years will ever come this close to being this good as "Mafia" is.

Posted October 20, 2018.