Recent reviews by Rico the Penguin

A big chunk of my playtime was spent looking for fun. After you do the single player mode there is little reason to play this again.

Darn shame, the older ones were much better. This series gets progressively less good with each new iteration.

I still adore the real life game, but I think my time with the PC games might be dead.
Posted August 11, 2015.
The best city builder ever made. Hands down.
Posted March 14, 2015.
This game absolutely delights me. I've spent 7 hours in the very first city you find and I'm not the least bit upset about it. There is so much to do, so many choices to make.

I'm lost in a land of happy times methinks.
Posted July 7, 2014.
So far so good! This game is much better than I thought it would be. It's a tactical ccg game along the vein of Plants Vs. Zombies.

You and an opponent take turns moving your guys across the screen and attacking once per turn, using your AP (that accrue each turn) to do things like heal or equip.

You can put a cat with a monocle on the heads of your mecha.

I'm just putting that out there.
Posted May 22, 2014.
I'm not sure what happened but this game won't even stay up beyond the intro video. It also complains about Games for Windows Live on startup and threatens that you can't save.

I hear its a great game, I suppose I won't know on PC.
Posted May 10, 2014.
This is an exceptionally good game. Great story, great characters, and excellent gameplay. It's not perfect but it should give you more than enough enjoyment.

The ending is a terrible copout but the experience is delightful. I'm told Blood Dragon only takes what is good and makes it even better.
Posted December 1, 2013.
A fun and relaxing FPS. At times it can feel repetetive but the overall experience is some of the best available. It's not so lost up its own butt that it can't have fun. For me that's important. The DLC is pretty extensive and confusing on what is counted where but you can have fun even without it.
Posted November 30, 2013.
This is arguably the best super hero game on the market. It's not the best Saint's Row but it is a very good super hero experience.

So just know what you are going in for and you'll have fun.
Posted November 29, 2013.