Recent reviews by Resi ♥

< 1  2  3  4  5  6 >
It scratches that Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral town itch I get from time to time. A pleasant and wonderful game made with love and hard work.
Posted November 21, 2018.
Affliction is a first person shooter set in a Eastern European war zone. For an FPS game created by a solo developer the product currently being worked on is quite an impressive feat. There's been many improvements since the game's initial launch into Early Access and it appears that Affliction is shaping to be a great game made in an engine which really seems to work against the developer's best interests.

The gameplay is pretty standard that you'd expect from an FPS, however the last time I played recoil was weird and impacts onto targets didn't appear to be noticeable at all, so it was hard to tell if you were destroying the targets that came across the screen. I'm also not a fan of the lighting, it is as if all maps have no real light sources or a lighting engine of any kind.

I'm marking this review positive because the developer, Corrosion, has always been able to work hard and do his best to create a product that ends up being way more fleshed out than initially published onto the Steam Store. If you're interested in that, check out Corrosion's other games. He's quite worth of support for being a single developer.
Posted February 23, 2018.
I am friends with the developer and received this game for free

Disgraced is a game currently in Early Access. It was made by the same developer who created Waste Walkers. It follows along the same style of features as Waste Walkers, with the same dark, gritty tone. It's set in feudal Japan, at the start of a new Shogun's rise to power. You play as a character who was newly conscripted into the Shogun's army who deserts it faster than cherry pie. No, wait, that's dessert. My bad, I'm craving sweets.

Anyway, you leave the army and quickly find yourself part of the resistance against this new Shogun. You work with villagers, spies, and rebels to create a fortified town to fight and defend yourself against the Shogun's army and to probably kill the Shogun himself. At least that's what I'm hoping.

For gameplay, the core features that made Waste Walkers enjoyable are all here. You have to survive by eating food and keep an eye on your stamina so you're able to cheese it in case you're low on health and can't fight enemies. The game also focuses more on the building mechanics which had a small highlight in Waste Walkers. You need resources to build up your rebel town, and to get them you'll have to work hard and find them or earn them (or probably kill for them, you are a rebel after all).

New sounds and Japanese themed music keep this game's setting in tact and appear interesting. I can't say much else about sounds in general because that's not my expertise, but all I can say is that it definitely fits.

Currently, as the game is in Early Access, I would recommend to purchase it and wait, as the price will go up as the game continues to near completion. There isn't a whole lot to do currently, but the game is expected to retail for $10USD rather than what it costs right now. So if you liked Waste Walkers, or are interested in supporting RPG game developers, it's a rather solid buy. You can expect a finished game from the developer in under a year.
Posted June 20, 2016. Last edited June 20, 2016.

A developer has responded on Jun 20, 2016 @ 7:25am (view response)
I received a copy of this DLC for free from the developer. I am also a friend of the developer who has helped him in the past with this project.

To start, Waste Walkers Deliverance can be considered an expansion add-on which runs alongside the original Waste Walkers universe. It uses the same Waste Walkers gameplay elements and setting, but you play as a different character in a different map. This game is separate from the original.
The map in this expansion is smaller than the one in Waste Walkers, but is full of threats to be wary of.

You play as Screw, a war veteran who served overseas. You are part of the community called Tranquil Grove and you one of their best scavengers. You provide them with supplies that they need and overall help everyone there. In return you have a place to keep safe from the dreaded wastes.

Within my first hour of playing, I died by walking into a minefield. Afterwards, I checked the map. Everything on the map is labelled for you, so it's easy to navigate this small city. I found that helpful when I realized where I should be going to help out my tranquil little home. There were some new monsters that I saw, which I avoided due to the fact that they look absolutely terrifying and I decided I'd rather not learn what they were until I could just throw bombs at them. Some of them had skulls for heads. These must be the crazies that once made up the population of the ward known as Tranquil Grove.

I continued to play for a little longer and made some progress towards helping out my group of survivors, but ultimately had to turn the game off because I have other things to do. I'll play some more of this later, for sure.

Overall, I would recommend Waste Walkers Deliverance if you enjoyed Waste Walkers. Of course, the only way to play Deliverance is to own Waste Walkers. I want to say this is a game that could be a separate game with its own distinct store page, but perhaps that would leave some people clueless of the world setting Waste Walkers provided to begin with. This game stands strong as an expansion to the original game and is worth the purchase.
Posted March 28, 2016. Last edited March 28, 2016.
I'm not rich yet, but at least I know I'm not spending all of my funds on ♥♥♥♥♥♥.
Posted September 12, 2015.
Wolfe should play this
Posted August 27, 2015.
Why does Cave Johnson sound Swedish? Who are you and what did you do to my Cave Johnson!?
Posted June 26, 2015.
Now that the game has come along some (and still is coming along), I'd like to say that this is a really fun free-roaming game made with RPG Maker.

Before I go any further I'm gonna say I am friends with the developer and I've helped him with plenty of aspects of this project and he's given me a free copy of the game for all my help. That said, I truly see a good promise in Waste Walkers.

The game is about a Wanderer (you, the player) who must explore the wastes and attempt to survive. Currently there's no real over-arching story to follow, but there is plenty of quests for players to engage in and places to explore.

You go throughout the game, searching buildings for anything you can find to sell and acquire better gear, or even craft it yourself. You have freedom over what you do inside the game and can be a scavenger who engages in no combat, or a strong-arm with a partner-in-crime that you've hired or found to join you.

Battles in this game are tough and the developer is continually attempting to make them harder on the player, mainly because I've expressed how simple the combat becomes when you get the best gear on your party.

I've had a lot of fun with Waste Walkers and hope to have even more when the game is fully completed and sports plenty of content and a huge city to explore.

I recommend this game for purchase. It's definitely worth it. It's not an average JRPG made with RPG Maker.
Posted June 1, 2015. Last edited August 15, 2015.
Wakfu is a wonderful animated show with adorable characters and great story telling. This is a 45 minute movie, well worth the purchase.
Posted April 23, 2015.
It's rare that you see good games come onto the platform that's generally riddled with filth such as "Gone Home", "Fez", and "Depression Quest".

This game is a good break from the social norms of gay relationships and lingering depression that causes you to forget how to talk to people and is instead a social commentary on a little girl's experience with learning about sex at a young age. Let's face it, most little girls (and boys) are genuinely curious about the mysterious things known as "Hugging and kissing standing up" and due to the great masters Mattell, they give children the toys known as "plastic surrogates" to give them the freedom to understand what sex is all about. It's all about plastic smacking hard against plastic while you rotate them around and let them enjoy their plastic bodies in different positions.

Sex is wonderful and this little girl got so embarrassed at the thought. She will end up going to church and refuse to do any of the sex she learned as a young girl until she is married because her mother told her so.
Posted February 28, 2015.
< 1  2  3  4  5  6 >