Posted: Nov 5, 2017 @ 5:05pm
Updated: Mar 1, 2020 @ 1:10pm

The gameplay for this game is centered around moving with the beat. I found that sometimes I had difficulty with this because I wasn't able to accurately determine what the beat was. I think that may be a case by case basis with people.

Levels are on a 2D plane, much like a platformer and feature checkpoints, which is critical if you suck at keeping the beat like me.

Controls are pretty simple, like most platformers. You will have movement keys and if I remember correctly the space bar is jump.

Visuals are pretty decent. All of the characters are basically different colored blocks with eyes and hair-dos, but I think this works well enough. I never had any issues with stuttering or framedrops, to my knowledge

Audio
This game features various forms of EDM music. Considering that the game is based off of the beat, this works fairly well, with a few exceptions. There were a few sections that I had difficulty determining the beat correctly. This could just be me, but I wanted to mention it.

Summary
I enjoyed this game, even though I sucked at parts of it and had to restart the sections sometimes several times. I thought the visuals and music fit what the game was trying to do. Overall I would recommend this game.
YQMaoski Mar 1, 2020 @ 3:49pm
Rhythm based games are not my thing but it's good that you had fun. I might play it one day if it comes in a bundle with other games, I don't think I would buy it myself. Afterall, I still have Crypt of the Necrodancer to play too, and I just can't keep a beat, even to that. I am just not musically inclined. :P