Recent reviews by Psyra

(New Review, based on emergent trends in streams, youtube and broadcasts)

Monolith, of course, overestimated the internet.

Monolith: "We have refined the Nemesis system in ways no one has done before, allowing interactions between Talion and his nemesis/followers like never before. I'm sure our players will have tons and tons of stories to tell of alliances, betrayals, and camraderie."

The Internet: "LOLZ ORC PTSD TYCOON"

(Old Review)

Killed a dude once. Stabbed him in the face. He showed up again with scars on his face.

Killed him again, Again, stabbed in the face. He showed up again with a gunny sack roped to his face.

Killed him a third time, cut off an arm and a leg. He showed up again with replaced prosthetic limbs.

Killed him a fourth time, cut off his head. Haven't seen him back yet but I'm wary.

This is why Sauron can't kill MorgothCare, it's just too effective and the Mordor republicans can't think up anything better.
Posted October 12, 2017. Last edited November 4, 2017.
The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster has overthrown the tyranny of Catholicism *and* Islam.

Now everyone can chill the ♥♥♥♥ out and go back to a semi-normal life.

Can dream, anyways.
Posted June 22, 2017.
1,373.6 hrs on record
The colony flirt bothers my colony's fiancees for over a year. Just before marriage ceremony between one and her future husband, he gets serious food poisoning, then attends the party. Just after the bride and groom exchange vows, the flirt hits on the bride, the groom goes berserk with rage, beatsticks the flirt to the ground, projectile vomiting all over the room. He kills a kitten before being arrested and dragged to a cell to sleep it off.

Also, blasting 46 invaders at once with one lucky shot of a doomsday rocket.
Posted July 17, 2016. Last edited July 17, 2016.
God daaaaamn, this is the Best Getting-Hammered-and-Doing-Stupid-Things-With-Your-Mates Simulator eeeeever. Eskel! Chop-chop! :D

Edit: Oh, forgot... also you play cards, and also kill monsters a lot.
Posted June 30, 2016. Last edited November 28, 2016.
Love the game... despite the fact that it crashed and crashed every few minutes when I first got it, no errors, just sudden drop to desktops. And it's not just me, when I mentioned it, many people were having the same problem, and so far it's two weeks later and has not been fixed.

Got the Nexus file for Less CTD/Better stability and it helped some. Then the beta patch came and it helped a bit more, but lately it just seems that the game just becomes super unstable whenever anything other than "quietly exploring alone" happens. Particularily when visiting settlements or scripted events like escorting Strong and Rex in a later mission.

Finally giving up on the game for a few months, maybe they'll fix the bugs and I can get back into it, but eh, finally getting tired of restarting the game every 10-15 minutes. :(

Thumbs up for the game, but thumbs down for the support. Why isn't there a selection for 'Maybe, see review' recommend...?

LATER: It turns out my computer was responsible for the problems. It needed a good cleaning and afterwards I stopped having the crashes. Something must have been loose and at fault. Either way, it finally cleared up, and now I can play Fallout 4 (and Just Cause 3 which had the same issues) again. :D
Posted November 28, 2015. Last edited June 30, 2016.
"Klingons are evidently too difficult to defeat in real life... it always ends in a wipe."

My roomate added, "Pfft, I beat them with one hand behind my back!"
Posted July 12, 2015. Last edited July 12, 2015.
2,591.3 hrs on record
It's amazing just how much wood a great beaver can get you.
Posted July 12, 2015. Last edited January 27.
ANTHROPOMORPHIC TOFU SIMULATOR
Posted January 4, 2015.
Review very positively
(Together)
Posted January 3, 2015.
I heard someone shouting for help and ran over to see two guys cowering behind their truck on a roadside, being dive-bombed by a rather aggrivated black eagle. I managed to pick it off, and one of them walks out from behind the truck and says "Whew, thank goodness you came along, I thought I was done for!"

Then a passing minivan runs him over.

GOTY.

Gameplay speaking, it plays a lot like FC3. There's some new styles to the gameplay and there's an immense amount of verticality to it compared to the previous games. I feel like I have more options in how I want to play this time around. Alas, from the above statement, like FC2 and FC3, drivers on the road make everyone on SerbianFailBlog look like utter masters of driving finesse. Stay off the roads. For your life's sake in fact, stay *relatively far* off the roads.

Voice acting isn't bad but isn't great either. Some lines feel really forced ("Stop. Shoot. Shoot. Stop."). Min is certainly no Handsome Jack, and he tries to 'do the funny' sometimes and it mostly just feels mediochre.

Doing missions means putting exploration on hold generally, and getting "You're getting too far from the mission zone, continue and your mission will be aborted" is a bit annoying... especially since the game does not really tell you how far you can stray from the waypoints before getting upset at you.

There's a few weird physics glitches, like every so often I'd kill someone and their body would be vaulted ten feet into the air. Watching one of Min's men escorting a prisoner down a hill, the two of them would keep leapfrogging over each other oddly and switching sides they were standing on. And there was a few places where shadows of trees and nearby cliffs would clash and flicker at certain camera angles. No problems getting and staying online, have yet to try multiplayer or co-op.

Will update in a few days. So far, liking it for the most part. 4/5! Point loss for semi-spotty mouse controls (it's not entirely smooth and hard to adjust) and somewhat washed out contrast in daytime (Had to adjust Nvidia's control panel settings to make it look correct)
Posted November 18, 2014. Last edited November 18, 2014.