Posted: Jan 29, 2016 @ 11:06am

No matter which way I cut it, Bombshell is a game that for every awesome thing it has going for it, it lets me down with two more. It leaves a good first impression, and man it’s nice to shoot some evil aliens in a 3D Realms game again! But it’s a character-driven action game that seems to have forgotten the character part, and instead just relies on action with no soul. The ten hour campaign was a real slog to get through, with boring levels, standard weapons, weak "role-playing" elements, and an utterly forgettable story. Seeing as there are lots of similar games that do this kind of gameplay better, I cannot recommend picking it up for the asking price of $35. I still look forward to seeing what the team at Interceptor comes up with next, but for me, Bombshell was more bomb than... er... shell.
M M Oct 28, 2018 @ 2:40am
Man does this game have a ton of frickin' bugs lmao, like steam store sometimes bugging for no freaking reason LOL. Wtf man
Doc 7 Sep 29, 2018 @ 6:57pm
Nice review!
ChickenBalls Sep 3, 2016 @ 4:54am
thanks! saved me a few bucks here. Would definitely buy this game if its a fps or 3rd-ps but... its not... why would anyone make an isometric shooter game
DARKB1KE Sep 2, 2016 @ 9:39pm
Is this game like diablo?
Panterich May 17, 2016 @ 10:56am
@phreakindee, can you specify some of those [quote=phreakindee] lots of similar games that do this kind of gameplay better [/quote] for me, please?
Frederik Schreiber  [developer] Mar 1, 2016 @ 5:20am
Hey Clint!

Thank you for the review and the comments.

As you might know, after the Bombshell release we've been doing extensive analysis of all reviews and comments from the Steam community.

We're close to being done with 1.1, which will address a host of issue we've found that you've fed back on. New features, complete overhauls of certain gameplay mechanics, etc. It also includes a Free DLC included called "Shellshock Missions".

I'd like you to give it a go, and let us know what you think:

1. Right Click on "Bombshell" in your Steam Library.
2. Select "Properties"
3. Select the "BETAs" tab.
4. Enter the code: EnablePublicBeta
5. Select the Beta in the drop down menu.

Hopefully it can convince you to give the game a thumbs up :)

Reviews matter a lot to us. Even the negative ones, as the constructive ones show us what we need to do in order to improve.

Complete changelog can be found here:
Lotica Feb 5, 2016 @ 1:16pm
Hah! Honorable thing. Like how a game that barely has anything going for it costs $35 is honorable. Give me a break.
Nifft Feb 3, 2016 @ 5:21am

Honorable thing to do now would be to delete your review both from Steam and from YT, and to make a new one once issues are fixed...
Hmmm Feb 2, 2016 @ 3:18am
I think people expect too much from a tiny indie developer with a big name. They only actually have 5 employees in house at their denmark studio. I think they just bit off more than they could chew, especially pretending to be a AAA studio. The visual quality is impressive for an indie but the gameplay itself still smells strongly of indie grade stuff.
JD_2020 Jan 31, 2016 @ 6:29pm
@Helvetica, to be fair, a day-one patch for a Digital Only product isn't like a Day-One patch at all. The game we ship (v1.0) will have all those patches rolled-in. It's only a patch to anybody whoa accessed pre-release code, meaning, the Reviewers.

Of course we'd have loved to have had the most perfect game before reviewers saw it, but we also wanted reviewers to see it. We hoped they could look past some of those flaws we knew were there (we disclosed them when we distributed keys) with trust that we would have them fixed by launch

Still, even at launch, Bombshell has some issues. We'll work hard to fix them. Overall, if the game entertained you, I would hope for a Thumbs-Up in the User Review. Hopefully LGR takes another look after an update or two and reconsiders :).

Cheers.