Recent reviews by p00k4kk3

Cool story and looks and all, but I lost interest after the third time I got into a random world encounter against enemies that were impossible to beat and impossible to flee from, and then having the game take most of my gold for putting me into that situation.

Apparently the secret to this game is to grind each new area before you leave it, so that you're actually strong enough for the next area. I'm guessing this is because the devs assumed that the majority of players are going to play an area on each difficulty level before leaving it.

I have no interest in grinding. The whole point of an rpg like this is that you level as you move forward through the story. Grinding is the opposite of that, it's leveling while you spin your wheels going nowhere. It's an intentional waste of your time.

I'd return this if I could.
Posted January 23, 2018. Last edited January 25, 2018.
One of the finest lan party games of all time. Even though online multiplayer is dead now, fighting and flying around with bots is still fun. At this point in time, I think most people would be buying this when it's on sale, so I'd have to say that a buck or two for this game is definitely worth it.
Posted September 17, 2017.
I own hundreds of games on Steam, and Dustoff Heli Rescue is one of my all time favorites.

This game is a side scroller that uses an extremely simple control scheme of only two buttons. Left, right (A,D). The twist about this side scroller is that you are a helicopter, and the game is as much about vertical control as it is about horizontal.

To move straight up you hold A and D. To go left, you let go of D. To go right, you let go of A. Feathering these two buttons is how you achieve fine control of the helicopter. After a few minutes it feels pretty natural.

I suggest using manual fire mode, it's more fun than the auto-aim/fire. If you go with manual fire mode you will aim and fire the gun with mouse/mouse1.

My guess is that most negative reviews are from controllers, because I could see the controls for this game feeling less intuitive on a controller. If I was using a controller I think I'd have left and right controls on the triggers and I'd have fire on the stick click/depress so I could shoot while aiming.
Posted December 29, 2016.
Avoid all WarGaming.net games. They have garbage customer support and give you nothing but copy/pasted responses that assure you how much they care about you while simultaneously telling you to screw off with your problem.

If you do not like pay to win games, avoid this title. It's possible to play and have fun without spending money, but that only works up until about tier 5. After that, everything starts becoming a gigantic grind if you don't have the paid premium.

The physics are horrendous, a lot of shots will look like they went right into an enemy at a good angle, but nothing happens, not even a message saying that it was deflected.

And the top reason why you shouldn't play this game? You can't play with your friends. In WoT Blitz, the group size is limited to 2. That means you can play with exactly 1 friend. Not 'friends', just 1 friend. This game ends up feeling very lonely because of that and the fact that you can't talk to the enemy team and you can barely say 3 words in the chat because the character limit is so tiny.

WarGaming also nerfs the stats on your tanks from time to time. So you can spend months grinding for that awesome tank, only to have WG pull the rug out from under you and nerf it into the ground as they just did in a major update/nerf.

I have a lot of hours in this game, and I had some fun, but ultimately I feel it was a waste of time. I would not reccomend this game to anyone.
Posted November 14, 2016. Last edited March 17, 2017.
The game is devoid of any kind of soul or emotion. Incredibly shallow gameplay, where nothing you do matters in any way at all.

Oh, and the flight controls are the worst I have ever seen in the last three decades of my gaming experience.
Posted September 5, 2016. Last edited September 5, 2016.
I think this might be my favorite Far Cry so far.

If you like Far Cry games for the inevitable uber-weapons that you can get, so that you can start slaughtering the countryside with ease, this might not be the Far Cry for you. Your primary ranged weapons in this game are going to be a bow & arrows, or spears.

This game still plays a lot like FC 3 and 4. Same crafting and gathering system, with everything still easily marked on the map. Same stealth system, same takedown system. The biggest difference is that you aren't going to be hosing everything down with machine guns, instead you're going to actually have to aim a bow or a spear, or you can crush their skulls with a club. Good times =)

The only downside is no co-op. If ever there was a Farcry I wanted to play with my friends, it's this one.
Posted March 22, 2016. Last edited November 22, 2017.
Anthony Burch wrote this game into the ground.
Posted March 18, 2016.
The last time I felt like I had so thoroughly wasted $60 on a video game was Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Seriously. This game is that bad. The Division is absolutely plagued with game-breaking bugs, game-breaking exploits, hackers, and developers who have no idea what they are doing and only want to cut as many corners as possible.

The devlopers appear to be utterly clueless and incapable of fixing any of it. They have routinely doubled down on bad ideas, and they have punished the community as a whole for the developer's mistakes and incompetence. For example: their response to a large number of players exploiting a mission and getting crafting materials faster than normal was to jack up the material cost of crafting by 1000%.

Avoid this title at all costs.
Posted March 16, 2016. Last edited April 26, 2016.
Another youtube game. If you don't have a crew to roll with you'll probably end up building some junk in the starting location before uninstalling.
Posted October 2, 2015.
So . . . addicted. Can't . . . sleep.
Posted December 6, 2013.