Recent reviews by Delta

A bit of an older game, ECHO's remained a staunch favorite of mine for over three years. Though some may find the action and gameplay itself a little repetitive, the true worth of this game come from the fascinating world building - despite only having two characters, ECHO has probably some of the best voice acting I've ever encountered in a game, before or since. The banter and start-in-the-middle worldbuilding really drops the player into a strange and cold world where a lot of what's going on has to be extrapolated from only a few pieces of information. And the world! The Palace is unlike any other location I've encountered in a game; it's eerie, perfect, cold and haunting. This, in combination with the well-executed mechanics that the game owes its namesake to, lends itself to an experience that left me desperate for more of the world that ULTRA ULTRA had created - lore, secrets, and so on.

Unfortunately, ULTRA ULTRA will never make another game after this, and I grieve for what might have been had the ECHO universe been given a better chance to get off the ground and spread its wings.
Posted January 24, 2021.
Fantastic, surprisingly deep exploration game. There are some moments in this game that genuinely shocked me at how expressive they were. Beneath some admittedly barebones features, UI, and player activities is a game that has a genuine soul, solid soundtrack, and stunning visuals.
Posted November 11, 2019.
Very fast, fun and extremely intense fights. Nearly constant fighting, very little wading through menus and the queueing system keeps you with the same people until sopmeone disconnects so you can form mini-rivalries. Always have to try and get into your opponents head. Huge rush when you clutch and come out on top and so far everyone I've met has been honorable and doesn't gank in 2v1's.

Honestly shocked at how much I'm enjoying this game, and I haven't touched any classes outside of the basic knight.
Posted February 14, 2017. Last edited February 14, 2017.
Even a month after fully completing the game I still caan recall the emotion it evoked in me as if it just happened.

Incredible game. If there was a museum for video games as art, this would be the central exhibit. Gaming's Mona Lisa.

Words can't explain the masterwork here. Get it, honestly. Better characters than any triple A franchise I've played. The best music I have EVER heard in a video game.

I have nothing but praise for this game. It really is a 10/10, that's all I can really say.
Posted January 21, 2016.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥!!!

RNG is a real ♥♥♥♥♥.

Great game.
Posted November 15, 2015.
2,028.3 hrs on record (1,086.5 hrs at review time)
1200 hours and over a thousand dollars into the game and the trading community and I'm still learning stuff every time I boot it up. Not even close to being bored.

send help
Posted November 15, 2015.
Okay, so right off the bat, I really like this game. It's fun and creative and I haven't even tried multiplayer yet. The crafting is a blast and working for ever-better gear is very rewarding.

I have two major complaints, however.

One, the player is FAR too large for a game like this. It's very annoying to get constantly hung up on various small bits of terrain that you missed, especialy when mining in caves.

Second, the game's difficulty is very inconsistent. Usually, the enemies are little threat to you unless you're heavily outnumbered or ambushed. The bosses, however, are mind-blowingly difficult. You come to really dread challenging the boss of the next dungeon (even though it might be a part of the design) because you know he's gonna be a mean ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ and he is going to wipe the floor with you. The sometimes clunky jumping controls are currently giving me a damn nightmare on the third boss, which is where I'm currently stuck. If I can state some advice; you may laugh at the idea of energy refills when you first unlock them, but you'll use every last one during a boss battle, and wish you had more. The huge hitbox of the player character doesn't help at all, and the fact that spawned minions can sometimes carry over from previous boss attempts (sometimes with upgraded attack or defense) makes it extremely difficult to even get in range of the boss without being swarmed. It all feels rather cheap, in a sense.

However, so far I am really enjoying the game, and the sense of accomplishment you get when you finally sneak that shot in and kill a boss is very intense, and is then reinforced by the loot you get. It's kind of like the effect Dark Souls has; death over and over again, and then success is unrivaled in satisfaction. All in all, I'd definitely give this game a try. I'm certainly enjoying it.

Back to pulling my hair out over this boss. Damn, I'm out of energy refills. I'm ♥♥♥♥♥♥.
Posted February 19, 2015.
So my entire first two hours in this game the server had a intense coversation about this guy named Connor who doesn't exist

In the end we agreed he was a Terminator

23%whiskey/10 would pass whiskey again

Colt Peacemakers OP
Posted December 10, 2014.