Recent reviews by Mx772

One of the easier Battle Royale games to get into. It also offers a bit of diversity by offering skills where other games solely rely on guns/pickups to be the differentiating factor between players.
Posted November 29, 2020.
Planet Zoo has got to be one of the best Zoo Tycoon style games since zoo tycoon 2. Frontier has really went above and beyond creating this game, and it shows. From the little play animations, to the little quirks about each animal, the love and attention to detail blows my mind.

It launched with many animals, and so much content - but there is even more coming, and I can wait to see what the future holds for this game!
Posted November 27, 2019.
Warframe is one of the best free to play MMOs I've ever played. Not only is the dev team beyond spectacular, but the players always try to go above and beyond to help newer players. I have never seen a better player base than this game.

In addition, the premium currency component is the best I've ever seen in a game. In short, they have some cosmetics that can only be obtained from premium currency (and some only via cash) but besides that, everything else you can obtain in game. In addition, you can also gain premium currency fairly easy - and their is a whole meta trading aspect that is somewhat similar to Runescape (Merching/Buy low,sell high).

If you haven't given it a chance, I suggest you do!
Posted June 29, 2019.
It notes in the description 'The game starts in the Stone Age, and takes you up to the Iron Age, spanning more than 10,000 years of human prehistory.' but what they don't tell you is that the Iron age is essentially one little research button that just unlocks better efficiency tools. To add on to that, they start you out with a large research tree and make you believe that each node unlocks significant items - when in reality it adds one or maybe two things that don't really impact gameplay. A better description would be a world builder or ant farm as you spend 99% of the game playing on 8x speed just watching the little things work. Unfortunately the 4 hours playtime is due to having to just wait for things to happen, as mentioned you spend most of your time waiting on the highest speed, and even then the 'research points' you earn in this game require you to just wait; which I did hoping that the end game had more depth. Unfortunately it did not.

Once you have played through this game once - you have pretty much encountered everything, leading to almost no replayability. If you are looking for a game that lets you manage a town, please see Rimworld or Banished.
Posted March 3, 2019.
1,605.8 hrs on record (215.3 hrs at review time)
I don't think I've spent more time in a game than this one. It writes it's own story, and the mods just keep extending the gameplay and value.
Posted November 23, 2018.
I have been following this game since it was first teased, and after finally getting access I can say my expectations were beyond met. I love tycoon games, and while this may not have it in the title, it feels better than any previous park managers.

Gameplay: It's pretty spectacular, and while I’m not one to use the unlimited money mode, I love the challenge mode and slowly having to build up cash, and slowly achieving a profitable working park. While at the moment I am not a huge fan of how slowly some of the research systems are (Having to unlock A before B before C, instead of choosing A, B, or C first) I really enjoyed playing through. At that, there is some bugs in the present version I discovered including building a new coaster and having people "Want to Ride Coaster X" but for some reason they never made their way over to it. But overall the game is incredibly enjoyable to play. Leading to...

Management: I am a huge fan of management style games, having to manage every little cost and being able to see exactly where each dollar is spent in game is great. I love being able to promote workers so that they are more efficient and even the stall workers can be promoted. At that, I feel that the coasters are somewhat cheating in a sense of money. Your park struggles for cash until you build a coaster, which then pretty much gives it unlimited unless you TRY to destroy your income. But to be fair, most people play this game to make a park, not to micromanage funds.

Issues: In the current build, I already listed some issues, but another few are it's somewhat resource intensive on your computer. Not to say that your computer won't handle it, but as your park gets bigger, your framerate drops pretty dramatically. Around 8000 guests, I started encountering weird bugs where rides would have 2 sets of riders on one seat, and the ride would become unusable until you closed and reopened it. Or people would flock to buy fast-passes even though only 1 ride had a FP-lane and for some reason every purchase required the guests to throw trash on the ground despite the 400 trash bins.

Overall: All the issues aside, they really don't affect the average player, and I really am enjoying the game and would suggest it to anyone. It's a $60 game at a $45 price. So if you haven't picked it up, do it.
Posted November 17, 2016.