Recent reviews by Morlan

< 1  2  3 ... 18 >
  • Morlan's shorts:
A short but quite atmospheric point'o'clickesy game reminiscent of the "Submachine" series of games (come on, look them up. I said "Shorts"). Nice and striking art-style, minimal but effective music/sounds, not too shaby mystery story, lots of translations (!) and there are 2 more games in the series. Go!

Posted February 13.
  • Morlan's shorts:
A teen (or even jounger) audience, is more likely to enjoy this colourful adventure game. This doesn't necessarily mean though that other..generations won't appreciate it. Basically it is a feel-good game as the challenges are hardly taxing and you'd play it mostly for the story and the warm messages (and the silly over-colourfulness). The world looks nice, although it could do with a bit more colour, and the music suits the game nicely and is kind of transparent; it doesn't become tiring to listen to. Bar a few camera angle annoyances, knowing the simplicity of the gameplay you're walking into.. it could be fun (while on sale..)
Posted February 13.
  • Morlan's shorts:
It looks and (almost) sounds good.. But the gameplay glitches will prevent you from having fun. And the main problem with the game is the collision with the environment. You keep getting stuck in places: next the car, by the fence, next to the door and most of the time next to the enemy! and this the gamebreaker for me. There are a lot of battles and if you glitch and get stuck, you'll probably die from the enemy and will have to play the whole chapter/level again which may require going through some tedious dialgoue with no skip option. Funny thing: Even the enemies get stuck!
Everything else is discussed by others..It could be fun if they find a way to make this "bug" go away.. Until then, it's a no from me..

Posted January 30.
  • Morlan's shorts:
A fun, colourful, short, fairly straightforward, cute platformer. Maybe it's geared towards a younger audience as I found it quite easy to breeze through the levels. Most, if not all, can be finished in less than a minute. There are new mechanics introduced while progressing, the graphics are quite simple but enticing and clear, the music is upbeat..8bit..fitting. Would be nice to have an exit button and volume sliders though. For a good sale, around 1 coin, I'd recommend it as it is quite a short game. Your (little) kids would enjoy it more..
Posted January 16.
  • Morlan's shorts:
It looks and sounds fun, but that's it as far as the positives. I didn't enjoy it. It's too hard and frustrating too early. Your ship is too feeble and your firepower is way too weak even in the first 3-4 minutes of the game. The first upgrades are not enough to give you protection or power against the big guys (or girls) and the thrust-control of the ship doesn't help at all. To replay the same part again and again until I learn it, it's not my idea of fun. Wasted too much time on this..

Posted January 5.
  • Morlan's shorts:
Bleak atmosphere, unknown places, captivity and puzzles.. It actually works! It's kind of those 2D japanese escape room games that you have to find items, clues and piece them together only it's in first person and there are some "scary" (so to speak) elements to it. Puzzles can be obscure but they make sense. Some radio/ambient music to go by and a few settings to ease up on the low/mid-end graphic cards. It's alright but better on a sale.. 4coins I give it.

Posted December 3, 2019.
  • Morlan's shorts:
Played it in single player and it has it's fun moments.. Basically it becomes a hard-to-control time-racing game. It's cute, fluid animation, moving music.. The "novelty" here is that you control the head with just anti- & clockwise turning and you can propel, i.e. swim, but the body has momentum and that's where the difficulty lies as it becomes easy to turn in circles or have your tail hit you on the head and lose direction. It does look like more fun with other players but I'm guessing the novelty wears off quickly. Depends how much you had to drink..
I'll allow it but on mucho discount.. Around 3coins maybe

Don't waste more time reading lengthy reviews.. time is of the essence!
Posted December 2, 2019. Last edited December 2, 2019.
  • Morlan's shorts:
Vivid, bright colours and environment, okayish music, good puzzles that get progressively harder. It appears like a cute, kid's play, game, but later on the levels become quite hard. The puzzle element is trying to figure out how to reach the torches between the alternate timelines, so there will be a lot of using that magic square, and the action element is having to synchronise your movement to avoid getting vaporised by the nasties. Fairly short game but at that price it's fine! Plays smoothly without glitches.

Posted November 5, 2019.
  • Morlan's shorts:
After Terraria, it's only fair I'd do a short on this as well. It does have differences from that but it's still a sandbox-survival 2D pixely game.. Most people will like this or the other and unavoidably there are always comparisons. I liked both. The graphics size is a tad larger and the style is different so check some videos to see what's more suited to you. There's some underlying story here, you can do such and such quests from NPCs, there's some action in space and there's also a massive mod that brings the game to another level. Although that's a double sided coin because on the one hand the mod is terrific but on the other you may think the base game is empty without it (it's not but.. it also is).
Some people swear by this and some really swear at it! Sentiments differ.. Videos, check them, only way..

Posted October 12, 2019.
  • Morlan's shorts:
Amazingly enough I hadn't done a short on this. So.. well, it's Terraria!!
If you like some type of sandbox-crafting-survival (and 2D-pixel graphics) game you'll end up playing Terraria or Starbound (Minecraft is less 2D.. so we're not doing that). All three have a bit of a long learning curve but I can't think of a way to make it any easier. It's a game with a lot of content, many biomes to explore, infinite worlds to create where you can use the same character with all your items brought into it. We established you like pixely (and smallish) graphics and the game excells at that. The atmosphere is brilliant, the music draws you in, there are random events, staged events, even multiplayer and all across different OS/systems. (I even have it on GOG and can play with both connected).
Pick it up, play a few (hundred) hours, get burned.. come back to it again because that's the type of game this is. Won't let you go, or vice versa and who doesn't like Latin eh?!

Posted October 12, 2019.