Recent reviews by Mikeon

< 1  2  3 >
You're no hero in this game. You start off a peasant and doesn't improve much from there. Your attacks are weak, your stamina is weak, all you can do is run away.

Ever after getting some swordsman training, you're still just a peasant.

Combat is tough but enjoyable and the scenery is beautiful. It's a gem created with love and I recommend it.
Posted November 22, 2018.
More loot, more grind, more powerups. What's not to love.
Posted November 22, 2017.
Your alcholic dad just had a breakdown and binged on all your beer, took off his clothes, and ran out into -2 degrees weather into a group of man-hunting boomaloops.

It doesn't take long until he freezes to death and the man-hunting pack is charging through your doors and blowing up everything you touch.

In minutes, your colony you've spent 100 days building up is smoldering, most of your pawns are dead or disabled. On the bright side, your 80 year old cook with a peg leg was able to hop into the cryo-pod of the ship you've just built and even though your colony is done for, you've saved one soul.

Now, let's go start a new game.

Rimworld is a game where you tell your own stories through a series of misfortunes. Most of the time you'll be starting a new colony but you will always remember those times when the best laid out colony is destroyed by mistakes.
Posted November 23, 2016.
Nothing much has changed since Poker Night 1. It's still the same monotonous step of watching the characters repeat their lines, bet all-in with off suit jack 2s, and then the characters acting surprise when you also go all-in.

Once you get the items for Borderlands 2 and Team Fortress 2, don’t bother playing the game again because by the time you get all the items, you’ve already heard the characters repeat their lines and you’re mashing the mouse button to skip through turns.

Stick with other online poker games if you want some challenge.
Posted January 1, 2014.
Like Alien Breed: Impact, Assault is a simple, isometric shooter that loses atmosphere faster than a hull breach.

Five repetitious hours of running down dark corridors of an alien infested ship and fighting off waves of enemies and the only exciting part were the little crescendos and boss fights that sparsely dot the play-through. Think those little moments in Left 4 Dead where you press a button and wait as the music picks up and you know something big is coming.

The little excitement doesn't make up for a tedious game. Don't get it.
Posted November 28, 2013.
My prey is in sight but surrounded by his posse of guards. I lean over the chandelier and see one guard walk over to inspect a statue as the rest conveniently turn their backs to him. As I clench my fists, the mark on my hand begins to glow, the world slows down and suddenly, I'm behind the hapless guard as I put him into a choke hold, toss him over my shoulders and jump the 4 meter height back to the top of the chandelier and gently let his body rest on top. The rest of the guards turn around, wondering where their friend went and leaving their master alone. With another flick of my wrists I'm behind my prey, my knife violently exiting from his chest. Before the guards can turn around, I'm already in the shadows, unseen.

In Dishonored, you can be a ruthless assassin out for revenge and will kill anyone in your way or be the unknown crusader who never kills but is an intricate webweaver who watches as his plans fall into place and the prey is arrested by his own guards, tossed into prison, and branded a traitor.

Fun in either mass murdering mode, or knockout everyone and never kill like in Deus Ex mode, Dishonored is a fun 10 hours (mostly because I explored every nook and cranny to find every coin I could) of sneaking, jumping, and eavesdropping.

The DLC Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches are also nice additions that has you play as another assassin with a special mark.

Play it.
Posted November 25, 2013.
Find a community group such as the /r/redditbrigade or other groups on the TaleWorlds forum.

I love playing in line battles as we lead our small little groups around the map trying to flank the enemy and avoid their cannons. A lone rambo will not survive long on the battlefield and the sight of a dozen muskets firing in unison, smoke obscuring the line and men charging at each other, bayonets out, is wonderful.
Posted September 5, 2012.
Bullet time, melee fights with fists and kicks, an arcady driving system, and karoke.

Sleeping Dogs is a GTA clone but not as in depth. The voice acting for main characters is excellent but the game follows the usuall quests of "go here, kill/beat up this person." The karoke and hacking mini-games were a welcome diversion as well as the♥♥♥♥♥♥fighting, but the are quick to master and easy to lose interest in.

It's a wonderful singleplayer game taking me about 20 hours to finish the main quest and all the side missions but there are still dozens of collectables and records I need to break to get 100%.

If you're looking for something like GTA, Sleeping Dogs is for you.
Posted September 5, 2012.
1,326.1 hrs on record
My wife has joined a war against my Kingdom three times and has refused to become my vassel. 50 gold coins later, my assassin has finished her off for good and my son, who has been in her control for the past 30 years has gained her county and accepts my offer to join the Kingdom of Ireland. However, I don't like his wife and his son so I killed them too and ordered him to marry a Princess from Scotland, ensuring that my future grandson will be able to challenge the King of Scotland for a claim to the throne later on in the game.

Crusader Kings is about planning your strategy decades ahead as you dig through family trees to see who to marry and gain claims, who should be killed to make a family member into the next heir, and who I can invade using what I have gathered.

If you're looking for a grand combat simulator like Total War, Crusader Kings is not for you. If you are patient, a schemer, and enjoy hunting for the best stats, this game is for you.
Posted July 12, 2012.
Bacon bacon bacon! The announcers blare out as I pick up an item that decreases my skills cooldown, increase my health regeneration, and increase my speed. As I blitz across the arena on my bacon fed Pro, I jump into action to save a healer being snared by the enemy.

My three activated skills come off cooldown and I blind the enemy players, charge into them to knock them into my lane's minions and tower. The healer I just saved switches his gun from a healing beam to a life-draining, slowing beam to keep the enemy team in place. The rest of my team comes out of the jungle to turn this 5 vs 1 gank into a multi-kill and assist fest as the overextended team get cut to shreds by the combined power of our tower, minions, and damage skills by our characters.

The most important tip I can give in playing this third person battle arena is, like other DOTA-esque games, is to kill the minions, protect the lanes, and don't overextend unless you're sure you won't get ganked. A shooter this is not
Posted June 29, 2012. Last edited November 25, 2013.
< 1  2  3 >