Posted: Aug 31, 2015 @ 10:08am

This was pretty obviously made by people who loved the hell out of Re-Volt on the Dreamcast. As well they should, because Re-Volt owned. This one tries but is a little too buggy and unpolished to make the mark. There's a good variety of cars but the tracks are pretty samey, with no good gimmicks or unique features and some frustrating invisible walls. The drifting mechanic is also pretty weird and stiff if you're used to Mario Kart, but I got the hang of it eventually. Races aren't too hard if you keep buying and upgrading new cars, though it should be mentioned that there's zero rubberbanding, which is both a blessing and a curse. If one CPU driver pulls away from the pack he can be impossible to catch, forcing a restart if you want gold. Most races are basic time trials or eliminations, but there is one neat one called Evade where the track is covered in mines, and the last place car is eliminated every 15 seconds. Those races are more about driving carefully than fast, and they can be pretty intense. It's not a bad game, just an unpolished one. I got all the way through it but I wouldn't recommend it unless you are dying for an arcade racer right now.
Dec 20, 2017 @ 8:35am
Haha. :D

Looking back, I'm quite happy that Re-Volt even had a PC release; if you think about it, games like that usually didn't have PC versions.

It still lacked split-screen, tho. :/
Audish Dec 20, 2017 @ 8:24am
Honestly because I forgot it was a PC release first!

I really need to go back and re-write this review.
Dec 20, 2017 @ 4:39am
Why Re-Volt specifically on the Dreamcast?
runner3600 Sep 14, 2015 @ 7:00pm
dis game is k imo
default_loser Aug 31, 2015 @ 10:22pm
I hate this game so much