Posted: Oct 15, 2016 @ 7:08pm
Updated: Oct 15, 2016 @ 7:09pm

Despite the negative comments from other Vive owners, I decided to take a gamble and bought it. Personally, I love the intriguing story a lot and graphically it's very beautiful. Voice acting and music are good too. This is clearly a very well-made production. On the other hand, it's obvious that the developers have chosen for a one-size-fits-all solution for PSVR, Oculus and Vive, and this means : a seated vr game with less refined control and movement than Vive owners are used to. A seated game has its advantage though : you can perfectly play it when you feel lazy or tired. But, to be honest, you own this incredible room-scale capable piece of technology with these advanced controllers, and yet, while playing this game, you feel like you are forced to use a primitive system of moving, and of picking up and using things, and this doesn't feel quite right. On the other hand, it's not all that bad : once you get used to the interface and start focusing on the story and the game itself you can enjoy it a lot. Like someone else wrote : maybe we should stop complaining and be glad that it was released for Vive as well, instead of being a PSVR exclusive for example. :) Anyway, bottomline : game and story are really great, I'm going to keep playing this one, no doubt, I'm far too curious of what's going to happen during this game and how the story will evolve, but... potential buyers that own a VIve will have to be sure that they can overcome that feeling of having to use a limited system of movement and control. But for me, being able to play a beautiful full-blown adventure, is a welcome change from the many simple demos and wave shooters for Vive.
OP Nov 5, 2016 @ 4:54am
Good review for Vive owners, thanks!
Game Cooker US Rocks VR Oct 15, 2016 @ 8:00pm
VIVE owner here and a non-gamepad/keyboard VR user also. Thanks for the honest review. I will NOT be buying this one.