Recent reviews by Kris.vdv

< 1  2  3 ... 15 >
Wonderful VR game with smart level design, good music and relaxing+fun gameplay! Not for VR beginners though..
Posted October 6, 2017.
A quality but short horror experience with beautiful graphics, excellent sound and of course a perfect horror atmosphere. A must have for every VR horror fan.
Posted October 4, 2017. Last edited October 5, 2017.
Beautiful graphics, nice music, good voice acting and I like the story.
But enemy AI and gameplay balance is aweful.
Posted September 29, 2017.
This game is among the very best VR FPS out there!

PRO
- absolutely fantastic art/graphics!
- excellent presentation and menu/interface
- I love the various control/locomtion settings! Nobody can complain about locomtion control because you just select your personal preference.
- voice-acting
- great gameplay!

CON (possibly improved or added in future updates?)
- I'd love a better indication/notification that health is getting dangerously low...
- no in-game menu. This was particularly annoying when I got to the caves (Ep. 2). They are dark and spooky, but a up-beat dance track was playing and this was a bad combo. I wanted to change to epic style or something else, but I couldn't.
- just like in reality when you're looking at a bright phone screen at night in your car. You have to lower the brightness to see the road better. This goes for the darker environments in this game as well. Maybe lower brightness of the helmet LEDs automatically when the environment is dark?

If you love FPS games and you have a Vive or Oculus, you cannot miss this game.
Posted September 29, 2017. Last edited September 29, 2017.
If you like the Vertigo look and feel, but you want a lot more action and shooting, then you'll love this game. The screenshots don't do the game justice, trust me. Highly recommended for everyone who loves FPS in VR!
Posted September 22, 2017.
I have been waiting for a game like this. Magical, immersive, beautiful, relaxing and with puzzles that are not too difficult (so far). It's like a casual zen version of the Talos Principle. Menus are excellent, all the settings you need, de-coupled controller movement, performance is really good with high SS, etc. What more can you want? They even added some nice voice-acting. The music is perfect too (but maybe some more tracks would be welcome). If you like exploring and puzzling in a beautiful relaxing environment, I highly recommend this.
Posted September 21, 2017.
I love it when a free game delivers high quality. The game is a bit experimental but the result turned out really well.
If you like VR horror not only based upon cheap jumpscares, and you like a tiny bit of weirdness and a story-driven game, then you should try this one. Just remember it's not about the challenge (beating the game) and not about shooting, it is about the story and the atmosphere. (And yes, for the VR purists, the game has free locomotion, not teleport, using the Vive motion controllers.)
Posted September 18, 2017.
I have to be honest, the first time I quickly played it, I though the living room and TV were charming, well done and it brought back some memories. The duck game was not that bad, but I got bored with it, didn't have much time anyway and quit the game. Afterwards, I wasn't so sure about buying this game.
But today I've played it for an hour or so and I finished (the first ending) including checking out the mini-games, magazines, toy, etc, and I love this game!!! Nevertheless, I still think it's not cheap, but maybe more content will be added at some point? Magazines/comicss you can actually read would be cool. Some more funny trailers and mini-games. More 80s toys. But I can imagine the amount of work that goes into creating this, but.... it paid off...because this is an original and fun game with lots of atmosphere and you can find perfection in even the smallest details. The way the tv reflects the living room, how realistic the VHS videos look, how the light changes in the living room throughout the day, the different sounds when you hit a box or a vhs tape... pretty awesome work guys! I can only wish it was longer with more of a story (adventures in the real world with the bear?), or a 2nd full-blown game besides the duck hunting? There's a lot of room for expanding this game.....
Posted September 16, 2017. Last edited September 16, 2017.
A low price for a very nice experience. Both me and my 6-year old daughter love it (didn't show her the scary animals though). Maybe the graphics are not like TheBlu, but it's really very close and this one offers more content, free movement through the ocean (using propellers or waving arms/swimming) and even interaction with some animals.
Posted September 13, 2017. Last edited September 13, 2017.
Short, beautiful and poetic 360 video. Hope to see more from Tendril Studio in the future.
Posted September 13, 2017.
< 1  2  3 ... 15 >