2,407 people found this review helpful
Posted: Aug 18, 2014 @ 11:02am

This isn't a game, it's a screensaver.

From the reviews on the store page, I thought that it would have some kind of events that happen to liven things up. You could grab random objects, arrange them, see the seasons change, maybe there would be some birds flying around. It gave the impression that even though there wasn't a point to the game, the experience alone would be fun, and you'd stick to it just to see what would happen.

But I never saw that. I played for 20 minutes. I spun the camera, i played the keytar, I zoomed in and out, I found every feature on my mountain. It rained, i spun the mountain to make the clouds go away. I saw the little thoughts my mountain had. But nothing happened. I pressed every button, manipulated every control I could think of, and made as many patterns with my mouse as I could imagine, and nothing happened.

I can't honestly recommend it, because I've had more enjoyment from that Windows '95 screensaver about a maze (with the rat in it) than I did from this game. Maybe there's more to it than I thought, maybe you need to leave it on overnight for something to happen. But it's not presented in a way that makes me want to stick around to find out.
airdylan May 16, 2021 @ 5:35pm
RealTheranHours that response deserves a reward
liro beto Mar 30, 2021 @ 1:56pm
i really wish the developer bring this as a screensaver, that would be amazing
RealTheranHours May 23, 2018 @ 3:29pm
i know that everyone has already tried to drill this idea into your 5 meter thick skulls but ill at least try.
In mountain you do not sit in a chair for TWENTY FUCKING MINUTES and expect something amazing to happen. When NerdCubed played this game he realized "hey, this is not a game where you sit around and stare at it and wait for something to happen" and he did what you were supposed to do, i.e. check in every 30 minutes to see what happens. Which "worked" stuff landed and he messed around with it not even getting bored which is surprising because he didnt even realize about picking up objects until partways into his video. This guy didnt do that. he sat and looked at this game for 20 hours straight, the complete wrong way to play the game. Probably as much as a waste of time as this comment because some fucktard is going to come along and say "yea i played this game and nothing even happened waste of money".
toasterxtoaster Dec 30, 2016 @ 5:14pm
I completely agree with this review: this is the biggest waste of money ever. Go spend your dollar on a candy bar, not this terrible game.
king amza Apr 7, 2016 @ 1:53am
Completely agree with you! Thank you!
[Vac Banned] Jan 20, 2015 @ 4:25pm
Mountain isn't something that you will be
Addicted to, or be playing all the time because
Of how fun it is. Rather, it is something to make
Boring tasks somewhat less boring, as it gives
You something to look forward to, and gives you
A "break" from your work. So if your typing an essay or doing homework
run the game and the work may seem less boring to you, instead of just silence :)
Computer Cat Jan 11, 2015 @ 2:10pm
you played a 1$ game during 20 mins. You had what you paid for!
Raptor Jesus Jan 10, 2015 @ 6:32pm
it's not a screensaver it is life itself
turbonutsack98 Jan 7, 2015 @ 9:18am
Mountan is love. Mountain is life.
76561198013507934 Dec 30, 2014 @ 6:47am
That 95 screensaver with the rat was awesome.