Produkter
på kontot

Senaste recensioner av KeytarCat

Visar 1–10 av 18 poster
6.1 timmar totalt
I picked this up middle of 2018, and finally got the true ending today (4/20/19. nice). It's a beautiful game with a weird story and a solid parry system. It's not long, if you know what to do, but the exploration gives good lore and upgrade materials, so no dead ends really feel dead. The only reason my true ending took so long is that I forgot about it for about a year. The true end run took me an hour (if that) and let me play as one of the bosses. Kept the gameplay from getting stale while maintaining the goal; a good shortcut for a dev who wants to add content to a game without rewriting the story.

If you really like _intricate_ combat, this isn't really a good call; if you like a parry challenge and solid enemy types, this is a rockin' game.
Upplagd 20 april.
3 personer tyckte att denna recension var hjälpsam
3.7 timmar totalt
Early Access-recension
This is a short game. This is a pretty game. This is a good game.

Solid metroidvania progression, with a small enough area where a map isn't necessary.
My only complaints: character animation is a tad clunky, and there's a key item that isn't explained well

Short, sweet, dark. Like my favorite chocolate.
Upplagd 22 februari.
1 person tyckte att denna recension var hjälpsam
8.0 timmar totalt
Solid Gameplay, pretty graphics, a little heavy-handed.
Mechanics are reminiscent of SotN, which makes it good for me, and the items work in predictable ways. Clean combat with good tells on bosses once you've watched them for a bit. A tad easy on normal mode, but I also grind more than some, so take that with a grain of salt.

Art is pretty, motions are smooth and clear, controls are responsive and abilities have a good variety.

Only problem I had with the game is that the LGBT+ elements came off a bit too strong. I appreciate a good narrative that addresses important issues, but a campfire where the characters make sex jokes and affirmations is a little too heavy-handed for my liking. That said, most of those conversations are optional and the dense stuff only happens after you complete all of the side quests. The couples are super cute, though, so...

Good play, good art, good ideas, highly recommend.
Upplagd 11 oktober, 2018.
5 personer tyckte att denna recension var hjälpsam
15.8 timmar totalt
Solid Metroidvania in the vein of SotN. Couldn't really get into it for a second playthrough, but I had a great first run. If it goes on sale, GET IT
Upplagd 17 augusti, 2018.
0.4 timmar totalt
Good simple game. One really hard jump, but very good on the challenge elsewhere. Gimmicky bosses, not overly difficult.
Upplagd 11 juli, 2018.
11 personer tyckte att denna recension var hjälpsam
1 person tyckte att den här recensionen var rolig
0.9 timmar totalt
Ambiguous mechanics, wonky hitboxes. Movement feels file, weapons feel good, but enemy encounters and puzzles are unpleasant.
Upplagd 25 juni, 2018.
5.9 timmar totalt
EDIT: After the most recent update, this game feels great. I had my controller crap out on me, but while it was working, it felt clean, precise, and fluid. Props to dev for making it feel this good.

##I don't recommend this in its current state.
Floaty controls, slow animations, clunky music, and main menu on death, to name a few issues.
Not bad mechanics, but rough execution throughout.

I look forward to revisiting the game in a few updates.##
Upplagd 5 juni, 2018. Senast ändrad 18 december, 2018.
Var denna recension hjälpsam? Ja Nej Rolig

En utvecklare har svarat på 9 dec, 2018 @ 8:12 (Visa svar)
2 personer tyckte att denna recension var hjälpsam
8.2 timmar totalt
NOTE: All pits are death pits.

If you're looking for a classic SNES Castlevania, but don't want to play SCIV again, I think we have it here. Featuring challenging combat and movement, matched with clear animation and tight controls, Bloodstained hit the mark without making me hate myself or feel bad for playing on casual.

Speaking of casual mode, they balanced it right for new (and less-than-exceptional) players. It has limited knockback to add forgiveness to platforming combat and gives you infinite lives so cheap deaths don't feel too bad. And there are some cheap deaths.

Jumping is fully committed, so knowing what's ahead is critical, but most places have alternate routes if you don't feel like extreme platforming. Enemy spawns are reasonable, but I did get bonked into a pit by a medusa head.

Solid game, much fun, several different modes based on early decisions.
Upplagd 2 juni, 2018.
7 personer tyckte att denna recension var hjälpsam
1.4 timmar totalt
Good, short, puzzly.
Not my best $5, but certainly not my worst. Fine pixel art, reasonable feel to weapons and movement, with only a few difficult movement puzzles. Worst part was that it told me to get out after a boss fight and the entrance was locked. Don't like to reward that kind of behavior, but overall positive experience.
Upplagd 16 mars, 2018.
1 person tyckte att denna recension var hjälpsam
1 person tyckte att den här recensionen var rolig
15.4 timmar totalt
Disappointing game. The mechanics are adequate at best, dipping into bad in several places, and the gunfighting feels wrong. If you want a fun FPS romp, go pick up the original and shoot some stuff with guns that feel right and cry at how sh**ty the world is.
This game is too big for its own good, even if it weren't buggy.
Upplagd 12 februari, 2018.
Visar 1–10 av 18 poster