Prodotti

Visualizzazione di 1-10 elementi su 49
2 persone hanno trovato utile questa recensione
1 persona ha trovato questa recensione divertente
16.0 ore in totale
Game seems sort of fun, as far as f2p korean grindfests go, but it has one serious flaw that was bad enough to make me not want to bother with it. Everything appears on your character. Everything. Gaudy accessories, stupid mismatching gear, capes, everything. Clownsuits are usually an issue in MMOs, at least very old ones, but this takes it to a whole new level.

But wait, there's a transparency outfit available, that lets you pick and choose which gear you don't want to show! ... For $15. Per character.

Hard pass.
Pubblicata in data 1 giugno.
3 persone hanno trovato utile questa recensione
0.5 ore in totale
Incredibly boring maps and visuals. Portal mechanic is functional and all, but ultimately pointless. I was topping the boards never touching it, and people who wasted time on it usually just got fragged over and over while they stood there trying to make efficient use of it.

Weapons are on long respawn timers, and are easily missed in the bland maps. They also come with extremely limited ammunition, so they're more akin to Destiny PVP than Halo, where non-standard weapons are like a limited-use power-up that can be stolen from you.

Contrary to the modern FPS babbies crying about not being able to get the first shot and win a fight, the TTK didn't bother me at all.

Overall it's just... not fun. It's an intangible quality that I can't put my finger on. I wasn't angry or anything, but after three matches, I just didn't want to play any more of it.
Pubblicata in data 24 maggio. Ultima modifica in data 24 maggio.
107 persone hanno trovato utile questa recensione
118.1 ore in totale
As much as I hate making comparisons to describe games, Nioh is effectively Ninja Gaiden Souls.

Unlike a Souls game, however, Nioh has skill trees, randomized gear (much like Diablo) that falls into different rarities and can come with set bonuses, and more traditional forms of RPG progression. Nioh is also absolutely brutal, and rarely in a remotely fair way. Enemies will blindside you, swarm you, knock you off ledges into instant death, kill you in a single, unblockable hit, and generally frustrate you to the point of madness. I imagine that this dissuades most players from continuing onward, as they continue to view it as a Souls-like and approach encounters thinking "I can just keep going up against this like I am and it'll work out eventually," when in reality, Nioh has more in common with Diablo.

Nioh's encounters seem broken because they provide you with a tremendous number of tools to overcome those difficulties, and they fully expect you to utilize them to their fullest to succeed. Where in a Souls game, a mechanically broken build will allow you to faceroll, in Nioh, it simply evens the playing field. The game really rewards minmaxers, and provides you with an overabundance of skill and stat resets should you build yourself into a corner. It also features a lot of ways to shape and upgrade your gear, allowing you to endlessly reroll a piece of gear's stat bonuses, or transfer them to another piece of gear, or even upgrade the gear's base level should you really want to hang onto it.

Right out of the gate, you're provided with access to not only skill trees for all the various weapon types, which all have far more robust movesets (akin to a character action game) than a Souls-like, but Ninjutsu and Onmyo Magic. Ninjutsu is Nioh's pyromancy, requiring no real stats, gear, or a specific build to make use of, while Onmyo Magic encompasses everything from damage and healing to buffs, debuffs, and even summons. Speaking of summons, you also have access to a super meter in the form of guardian spirits, which possess passive abilities, and affect your stats, much like a piece of gear, but which also serve as your super meter, allowing you to summon them in the form of a living weapon for a brief period of invulnerability and guaranteed status procs. These guardian spirits are also able to perform unique attacks with certain Onmyo Magic talismans.

What I'm getting at here is that despite its seemingly Souls-like trappings, Nioh's a lot more than a pitiful clone of From Software's games. It goes above and beyond in establishing its own conventions and its own mechanics, and it takes its own unique approach to difficulty, which is often a stumbling point for people coming to it from Souls games, thinking that the same principles apply. I've had no issues with this port; even the netcode seems absolutely fine. And speaking of netcode, Nioh not only has the sort of drop-in co-op that the Souls games have (where you summon another player to assist you from an altar), but it also has the ability to deliberately match up with another player in a lobby and select missions to engage in cooperatively, start to finish. This mode features a unique revival mechanic, as opposed to one player dying and being banished and needing to resummon them. It's a lot of fun.

Please give it a shot, it's a really excellent game that surprised the hell out of me once I got over the difficulty curve, and there's such a stupid amount of content in this game that even if you never finish it, there's a good chance you'll get your money's worth regardless.
Pubblicata in data 9 marzo. Ultima modifica in data 9 marzo.
1 persona ha trovato utile questa recensione
4.4 ore in totale
Okay, but not great. I'd give it a neutral rating if I could, but I enjoyed it enough to play it to completion, and I kind of admire Akuma Kira's work, even if none of it has managed to hit the high water mark set by the survival horror games of old. He's getting there, little by little, and he deserves praise for that.

While it does a good job, at least initially, of recapturing the Silent Hill aesthetic, Lost in Vivo quickly devolves into a linear trek from one unrelated spooky area to the next, dropping all but the barest pretense of narrative until the very end. Effectively, it becomes Spooky's Jumpscare Mansion 2. You open a door and you go from a subway to a mine, or a mine to a laboratory, with each area presenting a unique monster that must be dealt with in a specific way, appearing only after you've triggered the critical objective, or read all of the spooky notes foreshadowing the monster's appearance. Each area is either completely linear, or a sort of "hub" with three macguffins that must be collected in order to advance to the next section of the game. So despite its Silent Hill aesthetic, the gameplay is really more akin to Amnesia, Outlast, or Slender, which was something of a bummer.

Unlike any of the aforementioned games, however, in Lost in Vivo, most enemies can simply be beaten to death with a sledgehammer, despite running often being the optimal choice. Unfortunately, combat feels like something of an afterthought, as all but perhaps one fight can be avoided, ammo is given to you in large quantities before combat areas, and, as far as I could tell, your health refills any time you open a door. In fact, in at least one case, despite dying, my objectives remained completed and my inventory was intact when I chose to continue, making the combat seem even more pointless.

Despite my complaints, I did enjoy my time with Lost in Vivo, it simply wasn't what I was expecting. If I had gone in expecting Spooky's Jumpscare Mansion 2, I would've been fine, but Silent Hill this is not.
Pubblicata in data 29 dicembre 2018.
2 persone hanno trovato utile questa recensione
0.8 ore in totale
MGR deluded me into misremembering that Bayonetta was good. It's not, and there's a reason that I never finished it back on the PS3. The stop-motion "comic style" cutscenes look cheap and unappealing, the dialogue fails to ride the thin, cheesy line established by DMC and instead comes off as cringey, and the game is constantly bombarding you with very strict, very sudden QTEs that will instakill you if you miss them. By the way, dying to a QTE counts, so kiss your ranking goodbye if you fail one.

Also, I'm not one to complain about controls or controller binding options, I can usually make do, but the fact that your dodge, which you press all the dang time, is bound to the *analog* triggers, and can't be rebound to a button, is ludicrous. Bayonetta 2 fixed this by offering controller configurations that put dodge on the bumpers instead of the triggers, so why the heck wouldn't they backport that ability to Bayonetta 1 when bringing it to PC?
Pubblicata in data 23 dicembre 2018. Ultima modifica in data 23 dicembre 2018.
101 persone hanno trovato utile questa recensione
7 persone hanno trovato questa recensione divertente
54.5 ore in totale
I bought this knowing that it wasn't received as well as the first game, but boy howdy do those reviews miss the mark as to why it's an underwhelming sequel. While the first game is a perfect blend of musou and Dragon Quest, Dragon Quest Heroes 2 tries to take things much further from its musou roots, leaving you with an incredibly bland, questionably balanced action RPG.

There are so many things wrong that I'm having a hard time deciding where to start, so this'll just be a lazily compiled list of all the sequel's mistakes:
  • Hordes of monsters never reach the critical mass required for the button-mashing musou gameplay to click. Enemies are often very spread out, with tightly-knit groups of foes a rarity. In fact, I wouldn't even call them "hordes." They're small smatterings of enemies who never quite group up the way you'd like, and there are far more mages and ranged enemies than there were in the first game. They also move at a snail's pace, so you'll be waiting quite a while for them to close the distance to you. The result is that rather than having a hundred enemies tightly clustered around you, they're spread out all over a field with about fifteen feet of empty space between each one, so rather than bashing and juggling them all with the sweeping musou movesets, you have to awkwardly run to each and every one and deal with them individually. This is the game's cardinal sin, in my opinion.

• Enemies, across the board, have two to three times as much health as they reasonably should. They're all damage sponges, even the small fries. Minmaxing my butt off, I would still be left beating on boss enemies for a ludicrous amount of time. It's so bad that at certain points I thought that I might've been missing some special mechanic to deal more damage, only to find out that there wasn't. They really do just expect you to beat on certain bosses for 10-15 minutes. If you've played the game, you'll know the one I'm talking about.

• Tying into the damage sponge problem, there's a much larger concentration of minibosses, who need to be tackled in specific ways. However, despite the seemingly 1v1 aspect of their designs, they're thrown at you in groups, leading to the best way to deal with them being spell/ability spam, high tension mode, and facetanking their hits, which is less than satisfying, since they're often immune to hitstun.

• The unique boss fights against giant monsters of the first game have been replaced almost entirely by one-on-one fights against human characters, or named versions of minibosses that you've already fought, who don't behave any differently. Yes, really.

• The aforementioned boss fights are also paced very poorly. Without fail, boss fights will stop three or more times to show you a lengthy in-engine cutscene where the boss briefly runs away because you hit some scripted amount of his HP, or where he does the same move you've already seen him do before, but this time in a cutscene for some reason.

• None of the new crossover characters, with the exception of Carver, are any fun to play. They're all awkward non-combatants, gimmick characters, or mages. In any other musou game, they'd be joke characters.

• While the introduction of customizable character classes, bigger skill trees, and weapon choices are all great changes, there's a dark side to it: all weapon types, with a few rare exceptions, grant you the moveset of one of the NPCs. More accurately, the NPCs seem to have had their movesets neutered or made less unique in order to fit into the weapon archetypes available to you. As a result, Desdemona, for example, has the exact same moveset that either of the protagonists has when equipped with an axe.

• On the same note, the change from fixed to custom classes for the protagonist means that Zoom is no longer a unique ability permanently bound to the A button. It's now placed on your menu. The move to an open world means that there is no longer the animation of zooming up into the sky to descend to another point on the map. It's a standard teleport now. But wait, it gets so much worse.

• Zoomstones are spread out a lot more, with maybe one or two per open world area. However, these areas are much larger than the maps in the first game, and often the places that you need to be are far from the zoomstones. Every time an enemy aggros, your characters draw their weapons and refuse to run. Enemies also have no tether, so they'll gladly follow you from one end of the map to the other, meaning that unless you stop to kill them, you'll be moving at half speed, constantly getting hit with spells. With as spongy and common as minibosses are, especially in the open fields, this quickly becomes incredibly tiresome.

• Oh, and despite the "open world" memes, it's not really an open world. All story events and battles take place in instanced areas reached through the open world, which you now have to walk to instead of just picking them off the map. The change to Zoom also means that all story battles no longer have teleport points for fast travel. Many of these take place on large battlefields where time is really vauable, or you have to defend some chump with bad AI from getting killed in three hits, but your only real option is to run for a minute or two to reach him.

• Just to clarify, there are no mounts and there is no sprint button. The "speed" stat doesn't make you faster, either, in case you saw it in a screenshot and went, "Oh, this guy's a moron." Some monster medals which transform you into monsters also make you faster, and, in fact, seem expressly designed for that purpose, but their use time is limited, and they don't always drop when you need them.

• Again, despite the "open world," there's still just a single hub town that is effectively just a collection of stores.

• The unique mechanics of the first game, namely, summoning monsters to defend positions, are almost entirely gone. Monsters can still be summoned, but they mostly just follow you around, very slowly, getting distracted by any slime that gets in their way. The defense missions are completely gone.

• Like all great games, there are at least two mandatory stealth sections. One is easy, the other is brutal.

That's all I can think of right now. I really had to get this off my chest. I think I could've overlooked all the terrible design decisions in this game if it weren't for the small, sparsely distributed groups of enemies. When a musou fails to meet the requirements to even be a good musou, what's the ♥♥♥♥ing point?
Pubblicata in data 2 dicembre 2018. Ultima modifica in data 2 dicembre 2018.
7 persone hanno trovato utile questa recensione
2.9 ore in totale
Recensione della versione ad accesso anticipato
Clunky block/item placement, terrible UI, unclear structure building requirements, and no tool upgrades, progression, stamina, or other mechanics to encourage you to play efficiently or well. Without stamina, mechanics like cooking seem nonsensical, except as a supplementary form of income. Crafting is awkward and requires several levels of prerequisite crafting to get the item that you're looking for. Blueprints are also required to craft items, so even if you know how something is crafted, you won't be able to without the blueprint. Many building blocks cannot be crafted in any way, and must be bought from the store.

It's similar to Slime Rancher in that it seems to be an homage to games that the developers have never played for longer than an hour.

Hard pass. Unless the developers are currently in the process of completely reworking the core of the game, it'll likely remain that way, as the problems are deeply rooted in the game's design. It's not something that can be patched away.
Pubblicata in data 9 ottobre 2018.
46 persone hanno trovato utile questa recensione
3 persone hanno trovato questa recensione divertente
92.5 ore in totale (92.3 ore al momento della recensione)
A step-by-step guide to alienating your playerbase and squandering all good will that your strong beta/launch window generated:
  1. Fail to deliver on features promised for launch, such as dedicated servers and workshop support
  2. Drag your feet implementing said features
  3. Scrub all roadmaps, feature lists, and release schedules from your official website and forums that provided information about those features
  4. At no point, under any circumstance, should you clarify or communicate with your playerbase about any of this. Remain completely silent. Tell them nothing.
  5. Rather than deliver on your launch window promises, release a series of patches that break more than they fix, while ignoring long-standing issues such as broken talents or hit detection
  6. Release a number of "balance" patches that make many of your classes boring or uninteresting to play, while fixing none of their broken talents, in order to cater to a very small "competitive" audience for your cooperative game who insist that everyone plays as they do
  7. Implement one of your promised launch features, months late, but in a half-♥♥♥♥♥ way that takes you another month to address
  8. Continue to say nothing. Allow your PR representative to take the fall, it's what you pay him for
  9. Release DLC at a premium, but an order of magnitude lower than the quality of your previous DLC efforts. Also, if you promised that it would be free, go back on that promise. This is why you scrubbed those pesky roadmaps and promises from your website back in step 3.
  10. Rather than improve on issues with your user interface, allow your modding community to do the work for you. It works for Bethesda, after all, so there's no reason that it can't work for you, too.
  11. ???
  12. Profit!
Pubblicata in data 31 agosto 2018. Ultima modifica in data 31 agosto 2018.
Questa recensione ti è stata utile? No Divertente
Nessuno ha ancora trovato utile questa recensione
186.3 ore in totale (165.7 ore al momento della recensione)
EDIT: Capcom has fixed most of the things that made this a hot mess, at least within reason. There's now an option for raw mouse input when aiming (I believe it's called "Type 2" in the options), the network issues have been resolved, and there is now an option to disable motion blur.

The game still uses an ungodly amount of CPU for seemingly no reason, and there is no real fix for it, and it has the least amount of content in a MonHun game since probably the original, but nothing short of an expansion pack or a complete rewrite of their engine is going to fix that garbage, so for what it is, I can safely recommend MHW now.

Original "Not Recommended" review:
It's playable, it's Monster Hunter, and it's on PC. On those grounds, I can recommend it, but it's a cautious recommendation that assumes that at least some of the standout issues will be addressed in the near future.

However, this PC port was delayed 8 months from the console release because they "wanted to get everything right," and what did we get for all that waiting? Broken SOS flares, constant disconnects, emulated controller input for mouse and keyboard, permanent mouse acceleration, baked-in motion blur and depth of field which can't be disabled by any means, and unacceptably low framerates even on high-end systems which seem independent of whatever display settings you choose.

And Denuvo, of course, but the jury's out on how much of an impact that has had on things, outside of the day one kerfuffle over CPU compatibility, which was promptly addressed.
Pubblicata in data 12 agosto 2018. Ultima modifica in data 23 ottobre 2018.
37 persone hanno trovato utile questa recensione
6.4 ore in totale
I am convinced that there is something very wrong with the controls.

Maybe 20% of the time, when pressing the button to jump, X won't jump. I've sat here trying to figure if there's some sort of recovery period after a jump and I just have bad timing, but as far as I can tell there's no consistency to it, and sometimes pressing buttons just results in ♥♥♥♥ing nothing.

Can't recommend it unless this is fixed.

EDIT: Made a video showing the issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6M0hrTcu_U

EDIT 2: Also wanted to clarify, that I found this issue in X1, X2, and X3. It's present across all three games, at all times. It's not location or game-specific.

I haven't touched the PS1 or PS2 games in the series yet, but I've heard that they might be free of the input issues. I have yet to play them, as when I ran into this issue in X3, I immediately dropped the game after recording my findings. I'll post one last update if that's the case. I'm not trying to misrepresent or slander the product; I was really looking forward to this collection, and I'd still like to see it patched and made playable.
Pubblicata in data 26 luglio 2018. Ultima modifica in data 29 luglio 2018.
< 1  2  3  4  5 >