Recent reviews by Mordecai Sanders

< 1  2  3 >
Prepare for unforeseen consequences.
Posted March 24.
Just... just one more turn...
Posted December 28, 2019.
A breath of fresh air, really. My buddy and I completed the game twice so far and have discovered quite a few secrets on accident and we had a blast! The story is a bit short but very entertaining to go through. One of the only games where I was looking forward to the next book/entry log we'd find so I could learn more about what happened (LOOKING AT YOU FALLOUT 76). On top of that the 45$ CAD price tag is perfect, usually new games come at 80$ CAD which is god damn insane.
Posted August 20, 2019.
A remake, but good.
Posted May 19, 2019.
I love the original Borderlands, and I think this remaster does it justice, you can even import your saves from the original to this one, so you don't have to play it all over again if you are on your second playthrough like me.

But honestly, I was sold at "FOV Slider"
10/10 Would change my FOV again.
Posted April 3, 2019.
My captain led us to battle with some rock music while our drummers were rapping along...

10/10 would listen to rock & rap again.
Posted September 30, 2018.
It solves alot of the problems PUBG has.
The map is decent sized, you have special gear to travel around in various fun ways. Let's be honest though, the snowboard is the most polyvalent form of traveling and it's hella cool.
The guns shoot where you are aiming so no more annoying "WHERE ARE MY BULLETS GOING!?!" moments.
The character face customization is awesome, probably my new standard.
The graphics are in no way bad. I run it on low when playing in squads so I can have a fluid experience, but in solo, it runs great on higher settings, but as we all know it needs alot of optimization.
Better movement than PUBG, I can actually look around me when proned, come on PLAYERUNKNOWN!
POINTERS! No more "WHERE ARE THEY!?!" If you aim somewhere and press "Q" it'll set a waypoint so you can show what you want to your teammates and it also shows on the map as a blinking dot, amazing!
Really, really fun gunplay with responsive hits, shooting stuff is SATISFYING!!!
You don't ACTUALLY have to kill everyone to win, I've had plenty of games where the other remaining players just got to the chppa and let me a spot, where we all won (all 4 of us). BUT if you decide to keep fighting, it's totally possible that you'll die after killing the last enemy, resulting in no-one winning, had that happen many times and I'm not even mad!
It's fun to nag at the players who didn't get to the choppa, because you are safe and they are not.
The map work in tiles, and you actually have plenty of time to get away from the blizzard, but it pretty much blinds you if you are not careful. There are times where it's about to come and the visibility is greatly reduced by strong winds, meaning you are somewhat covered from long range snipers.
Cars are bad, as in they are fast, yes, but they're also a beacon, plenty of times my team and I were te center of the attention after using a car, we've had all the other teams shoot at us and as fun as it is, getting shot at by 4 or 5 other teams is stressful as ♥♥♥♥, managed to win a game like thaht though so f*ck 'em!
Posted September 26, 2018. Last edited September 26, 2018.
I was bored and didn't know what to play, played the first two chapters of the game with Family Sharing... it took me a while to warm up to the game, the graphics, the fighting mechanics and the story, but boy am I in love with it now. I pretty much binged through it, I grew to really enjoy the fighting, the graphics didn't bother me anymore and I f*cking loved the story, it just hyped me up for the sequels.

TL;DR: Give it a chance, you might be pleasently surprised.
Posted August 24, 2018.
I mean... I actually prefered Monika out of the other three, so I basically won the game, am I right?
Posted April 16, 2018.
Disclaimer: The only other Far Cry game I've ever played was three and I thought the game was meh. On top of that this is the most I've bought a single game, 80$ CAD so I had every intention on refunding the game after playing for two hours, wanted to get a general idea of the game. (I usually buy games years after they are released.)

This game is really, really and I mean REALLY ♥♥♥♥ing fun. Now don,t get me wrong it's buggy, visual glitches arent the issue, I've had my saves reset after over 10h of play time, and my perks are scuffed (Can use the wingsuit and blowtorch without the perks and can't have two guns for hire even with the Leadership perk) BUT This game is still really, really fun. The story is alright, I like the bad guys, but the thing I love the most is the music, it's awesome and complements really well the already very satisfying shooting mechanics, it just feels right! The fact that you can unlock weapons and have it forever just by picking it up once off a corpse is something I really like, the perks are satisfying to unlock and the cahllenges are somewhat enjoyable.

I think that the fluidity of the gameplay is really a strong part of why I enjoy the game so much. I can start off by going hunting with a friend of mine, then we pick up a helicopter along the way and immediately go skydiving with wingsuits to alnd in a cult's outpost and get in a cool car chase in the span of 15 minutes. You are also not restricted to completing the story in a certain way, you can do bits and parts of each region and keep the game interesting.

One thing we did was that when John Seed sent his goons after us to kidnap us, we decided that we'd try completing the most missions without getting caught, we ended up completing two outposts before getting drugged. Mmmh that fluidity!

I also like being able to buy skins for my weapons with in-game money and not having to spend real life money on it, best aprt is that they're usually just a couple thousand bucks so it's really easy to get. (You can get 5 000$ by hunting for 5 minutes)

Anyway, I really enjoy this game, was really surprised by the amount of things you can do and being able to play with 5 other people is an absolute chaos, but in a good way. Don't care too much about the DLCs, but the base game I would say is worth the 80$ it cost me.
Posted April 2, 2018. Last edited April 2, 2018.
< 1  2  3 >