Recent reviews by deep web denier

This game is amazing. The writing is insanely charming and well done. The art is absolutely amazing and beautiful. The combat is fun enough. I really grew to love my characters and found myself save scumming to make sure none of them die until /I/ was ready for them to go. There's a lot to do and I can see it's easy to get lost in this game for hours. I almost didn't get this game because the screenshots don't do it justice. If you're even slightly interested in what you see, just get the game. It's 100000% worth it. Oh, and it also has a modding community which is an added bonus.
Posted July 9. Last edited July 9.
I love this game!! It has everything and more. And to think it's still in its unrefined state and you can't even do everything yet... I wasn't sure if I was willing to waste money on an early access game on account of the billions of times I've been burned before, but this game was definitely worth it. Obviously great to play if you love any farming sim games. I think now is the perfect time to buy it where you'll still get updates to bring the game to completion but there's also much to do and most of the annoying things have been patched, fixed, or updated. I really cannot wait for the final product.

So far my favorite town is Diamond Falls (although I decided to live in Pumpkin Vale bc best npcs duh) and i ended up dating Takeo also just so that information is collected out there somewhere LOL.
Posted June 25, 2020.
If you like the X-files, ridiculous puns and humor, and dressing up ladies, then this is the game for you. I think I'm only about half way done with the game so far, but here's what I got for you as of now. May or may not update. p.s. sorry in advanced for a wordy review, i cant stop myself.

I'll start with the cons to get it out of the way: controls are weird and not intuitive at all at first. I'm so used to an aim reticle that the auto-targeting system took some getting used to. I also ended up remapping pretty much all of the controls, but the fact that I COULD remap them was nice. The screen resolution options suck, but I personally don't really care. I just run it in windowed and let it bleed onto my second moniter and it doesn't seem to effect the game in any way. There's a lot of clothing clipping on Lux, and certain items don't follow her body when she crouches/rolls/ect. It's easy to get trapped on/around/inside things if you're not careful; however it's easy to exit game and re-enter and not screw yourself by being stuck in a place if you do encounter an issue. I didn't even have to recollect the collectibles. Woo! Also just for the dev: either Sollix's portrait or character model was swapped with the troll with his lil troll son, and a spelling error on a letter from sollix to his troll buddies. Idc about these things, just figure I'd add it.

Now for the pros! This game really has so much potential. I love the story so far. There's something really appealing about being a myth detective with super powers. I personally really dig the character customization. That's probably 80% of the reason I even bother playing video games tbh. The characters are interesting, in the way that you don't exactly like them all, but that's because they're written well enough to be ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. But for the most part, I love pretty much every character I've encountered. I even managed to feel something when a character died after only dealing with them for one short chapter. They did a good job of making them seem like an ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, then turning them into your friend, and then TAKING THEM FROM YOU CRUELLY. I really liked them... good job devs. The writing is really good, too. I actually take the time to read the notes, pay attention to the NPCs, and genuinely enjoy the banter between Lux and RHETT. It's smart writing, but doesn't take itself too seriously either, and I like that balance. The environments are really spectacular, and I legit never knew what to expect next as far as what location or problem I'd be dealing with. Though, sometimes it feels like I'm searching around for nothing. I wish the world was more interact-able-with. How dare you show me a dude break-dancing who DOESN'T CARE WHEN I DO THE CHICKEN DANCE NEXT TO HIM LIKE BROTHERs. That being said, there are still plenty of collectibles to keep you entertained, or at least keep me entertained. The voice acting is pretty decent considering this is an indie game. I was really happy with it! Lux's VA sometimes sounds like there's background noise, but honestly I didn't pay attention to it enough for it to be immersion breaking. Overall I really like this game and understand it's still in the works in some regards, and appreciate seeing an active dev team. I can't wait to see what else you guys put out, because this was a diamond in the rough. If yall are hiring hmu i want to be part of ur world lmao. TOMORROW I BEAT IT.
Posted May 13, 2020.
Love this game, love the lore, love the gameplay, love everything about it. It's got some pretty glaring game-breaking bugs, like t-pose of death and random inventory wipes when joining MP sessions, but after the first 10 hours in, it stopped bugging out for me. Don't know why. don't really care, either. This is very worth checking out, but beware the bugs!! BEWARE.
Posted April 30, 2020. Last edited May 13, 2020.
I love this game, i love the art style, i love the character designs, the gameplay is fun and not clunky, ect. My ONLY complaints are I wish there were a skip function bc i don't really want to play through the whole thing a dozen times and reread everything at a snails pace + I WISH THERE WERE MORE CONTENT I DONT WANT THE GAME TO BE OVER.

I request, NAY, RECOMMEND that everyone buy this game so we can get more out of this universe!
Posted June 19, 2019.
it actually managed to keep my attention which is no small feat. the romances were p hot. i wish there was more content but i aint mad at it. At least it wrapped up neatly at each end.
Posted December 29, 2018.
i was very excited to try this game because it looked interesting when i bought the bundle it came in. I waited a couple months to try it out because a few major titles I had been waiting for were released, but finally.... the day came to try this game.

I played for a total of 9 minutes before my brain tried to kill itself, and subsequently had to close it. I opened it one more time to play with some friends, to make sure I wasn't just being too critical of the game. Let's just say................. i can't recommend this game to anyone. I'll start by saying that I don't mind overlooking problems if the story/writing holds up. I don't mind the garbage text box or strange UI. I didn't mind the nonsensical choice to use proper korean naming, until they basically just called all the characters by their first names anyway. Why bother setting up a whole editor's note explaining to me that you're doing last name then first name, and then not even ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥......... hold true to YOUR OWN RULES. COME ON. The dialog is just a bunch of small talk between 3 people??? It's almost like listening in on the world's most boring conversation, laden with poor grammar, strange conversation transitions, weird portrait placement choices that almost seem at random. And while sometimes the characters are given some type of personality, the bland-ness of the rest of the dialog detracts from it and almost makes it unbearable when a character finally says or does something that might actually be quirky or make sense for the character. I checked out after I met the second character (I wanted to give the game the benefit of the doubt and hope that maybe Park was just a boring ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ character, but NOPE. NOPE. THEY'RE ALL TERRIBLE. I didn't even get to the mini game, which may have been fun!!! but the contrived plot and the dialog with which they attempted to achieve said plot forced me to ultimately close the game and (hopefully) regain some of my sanity.

I wanted to leave a funny comment but then i remembered how much of my life and my brain cells this game took from me and I couldn't help myself.

on the bright side, it was fun playing this with friends and making our own commentary. Speaking of which, I am definitely going to play this one more time WITH the DLC commentary just to see what the hell was going on in the creator's head. I gotta know. Ok bye.
Posted August 10, 2018.
This is a brilliant game and I love everything about it. The art style is adorable and misleading, diametrically opposed to potty mouth dialog and themes that I've known huniedev to be a champion of. Everything in the world is interesting. Each character and map has a personality, even if you only get to experience it for five minutes before they're literally ♥♥♥♥♥♥ to death. As for the puzzles -- make no mistakes -- they're ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ hard... or they can be at first glance. There were a couple of puzzles where I sat and stared for a good minute before giving up and coming back to it an hour or two later and realizing I was missing something obvious. There's a lot of standard puzzle solving methods to be used in this game, and if you aren't aware of these standard puzzle-types, you will probably have a hard time figuring these puzzles out. HOWEVER: if you are familiar, or at least have an easy time recognizing patterns, you really won't have any trouble, even if you have to come back to it a couple hours/days/weeks later. There's no hints, but I promise there really doesn't need to be if you think critically. That being said, if you really get stumped, check the steam community. Someone probably solved it before you, anyway. I would say this is well worth the money spent on it, and my expectations of it were lived up to and beyond. I WANT MORE.
Posted July 14, 2018.
im ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ addicted to this game its got everything ive ever wanted from romance, dark themes, fantasy/magic, demons, ♥♥♥♥♥ im here for it I LOVE THISsss. I played it like 4 times in a row. So much so that i even played the NWN module along side it. I'm desperate for more and I also hope that the creators keep making games after this bc the writing is E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. and its just the right amount of ♥♥♥♥♥♥ up and not too much. also bonus VN points for not writing an annoying protag. I mean I know you can pick your dialog options, but those options can still be annoying af, so NICE.
Posted April 17, 2018.
Really simple game -- easily beatable in a handful of hours. The style and feel is very calming and lovely. The puzzles are pretty easy, but I think this game is more about experiencing it than solving it so much. You can explore and put the pieces together about the story as you play. I had a few questions about things that were resolved in the game just by exploring and taking the time to read the lore. It's a calming experience! A really relaxing game. There's no combat at all, either. It's really strictly an exploration/puzzle game. This probably isn't for everyone, but this is beyond worth experiencing. At the very least, buy the OST. My only real complaint is the flying mechanic. I saw someone say that it's a really cool feature that would mean more if you weren't inside of buildings the whole time and that's true, however my big problem with it was the landing + turning around. If you touch anything you instantly get taken out of bird mode. It's hard to turn around, so if you miss your landing spot, you have to maneuver a whole bunch to actually do it (and will probably miss the landing a couple more times anyway). Despite that, it's an interesting play. I'm glad I actually spent time on this. Plus the lambs give you love and its absolutely adorable. Worth it for that alone.
Posted April 8, 2018.