Recent reviews by Jeeva

Wonderfully atmospheric cooperative randomly generated mine-crawler. The devs continue to update it, offering you the choice to support them by purchasing cosmetic DLC - brilliant!
Posted November 30, 2020. Last edited December 1, 2021.
I thought this was an excellent game, though would compare it more to Zelda than Dark Souls (which works for me as someone surprised to hear comparisons to Souls in reviews). Looks beautiful, has every orchestral flourish and sound effect you'd expect from a Star Wars licensed product, and plays well.
Posted January 4, 2020.
I think Destiny 2 is a solid shooter marred by some unfortunate choices Bungie have made around (arguably) triple-dipping on monetisation. That makes me feel dirty, but I enjoy the game. If they keep producing content, I'll keep playing it, but they charge horrendously for cosmetic items that should be a part of the paid-DLC.
Posted December 3, 2019.
Heaven's Vault is the only game I know that had me convinced I knew what I needed to do, without realising that noone ever told me what I was doing. I played for hours, just reacting to events in the world and revelling in the joy of discovering the in-game language.

Starting with a single word, and trying to extrapolate the meaning of glyphs etched into artifacts you find on the many moons, ruins, and from traders is the most bizarrely excellent and exciting system I've played with in ages! I'm honestly sad that there are no other games quite like it.

The conversations flow naturally (though only when you realise that Aliya, the main character, has preexisting character flaws that you discover over time - or "is a bit of a jerk"), and there are so many options to discover that multiple playthroughs work well.

The visual style is interesting; though it was controversial when initially announced, you soon get used to it and just enjoy the world.

I completed the game on PS4, and rebought on Steam to play again!
Posted May 25, 2019.
A fantastic action RPG, lovingly crafted by a generous company. The game itself is great, with a great story, excellent graphics, and good mechanics.

There's some free DLC, which is pretty neat in this day and age, and I think the expansion pass is the best value expansion in recent memory.
Posted November 28, 2017.