Recent reviews by › jasonelmore

A work of art deserving of Game of the Year. An absolute masterpiece in my book.
Posted July 28, 2020.
While i can appreciate that some fans are dissapointed in this game, i have to say it was the Walking Dead Experience i've come to love. The Story and it's characters are well fleshed out and made me care about the choices i made. The Graphics are the best they've ever been and the soundtrack superb. While it's true some of the episodes are shorter than i would have liked, they each took about a hour each which is comparable to the first two installments. I'm excited to know that the Clementine story will continue but i'm also saddened to know the richmond storyline is most likely over.

Any fan of the Walking Dead will enjoy this game. I encourage you to try the first episode out and see if it's for you. Regarding the negative reviews, please remember that each person's story or playthrough is different, and some of the stuff people hate, might be stuff you adore. Overall, this was a well executed story arch that kindled emotions for each of the well described characters. I can safely recommend this game to anyone.
Posted July 16, 2017.
Wow this game really suprised me after the dissapointing Watch Dogs 1 fiasco. I have not had this much fun in a open world game since the Witcher 3 and GTA V. It is comparible to GTA V, but there are not as many small details, such as tuning cars, owning property, stock market, etc...

Sure Watchdogs 2 lacks some of these smaller details, but it's also adding a lot more gameplay mechanics through it's own formula. Hacking is fun again, and the Drones really make you feel like a hacker. The story and humor are acceptable as well.

Overall, this is a big budget AAA game.. Ubisoft did not release a Assassins Creed This year, and i think it's beacuse they wanted to make good games again.

It runs very well on PC, although i suggest turning the Shadows Setting to Very High, even if your on a GTX 1080 like me. Geforce Experience will get every other setting right, except shadows, so double check and set it to very high for a solid 60FPS even in city scenes.

Overall highly recommended.. It's almost as good as GTA V
Posted December 16, 2016.
I bought this program to train myself at flying my DJI Mavic or DJI Phantom Quads. Little did i realize that this is a FPV drone sim only. It does not offer the ability to fly a drone from 3rd person or from the view of the pilot.. You are locked into a FPV camera. But that's not why i don't recommend it.. I do not recommend this sim because of the controls..

The quads auto throttle in this game. I dont want it to auto throttle.. I want to control the throttle. Once arming the drone for flight, your drone will automaticlly go up in the air and will continue to acend until you press down on your controller. This is not how it should be. The drone should not go up, unless i hit throttle up.. and when my sticks go to their center position, it should hover.

I tried several presets, and both ATTI, and Level modes. There is a built in preset for the Xbox One Controller for windows, but it auth throttles.

I made my own preset, and specifically set throttle up/down, and it still auto throttled.

Refunded this POS. They need to fix the throttle controls, and at least put a pilot view without FPV in there. They also need to tell people that this is FPV only.
Posted December 4, 2016.
Amazing game that really pulls you into the story. It makes you remember what it was like to be a kid again. It also gives males some insight into how their life might be, if they were born a girl.

The game is simply amazing, and it makes TellTale games look like the free toy you get in a box of cracker jacks. The plot and story arch is never dull, and the soundtrack is amazing. The graphics are beautiful and the colors are vibrant. Most choices can be easily changed, allowing you to manipulate time and see it's side effects (wanted or unwanted)

Do yourself a favor and pick this title up. It will change your life
Posted January 20, 2016.
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt is a amazing Open world 3rd person Action/RPG game. It's much bigger than any game i've ever played before, even Skyrim. I really didn't care for the Witcher or the Witcher 2. They were a bit to Liniear for me, however witcher 3 has become my favorite game of all time.

From swampy medowlands, Icy Mountains, to summer isles, The Witcher 3 has all the evironments a gamer could wish for. This game has the best graphics i've ever seen. The story is amazing and actually makes you care what happens to each character. There is also a deep crafting and progression system .

This is by far one of the most immersive games you will ever play. On average, your gonna get about 70 Hours of content. That's less than $1 per hour. Even at $60, it's a steal. The wild hunt will definately change your standards on what a great game should be..

I just wish the DLC would come out sooner.

a must buy for any RPG open world fan. You will get lost in the vast world that is The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Posted June 7, 2015.
This game has the best singleplayer since Half Life 2. I would say its on par or slightly supurior to Half Life but they are close. The graphics are groundbreaking taking full advantage of high end graphics cards (Mainly Nvidia) features such as Tessalation. It looks great and the story is a proven success from the books. It's well Executed and should be in every gamer's library.
Posted January 11, 2014.
Gone Home is all about story telling, but does so in a engaging and clever way. Fans of "The Room" will love this game, as well as fans of Tell Tell Games for their unique story telling naritives. Gone Home has some of the most unique stylistic art that i've seen in a long time. It constantly reminds the player the struggles teens have growing up and dealing with their emotions. The story is so good, it will make you reflect on your own life and make you question a lot of the decisions you've made over your lifetime. It also gives you insight on how it would feel like to raise teenage girls, if you've never had the pleasure :)

Overall i would give it a 9/10
Posted January 4, 2014.
Awesome Game. This is not "just another zombie game". It's a open world RPG where almost all your actions have a effect on your group. This game is the closest i've seen so far that matches up with AMC's "The Walking Dead" series. You recruit survivors, gather matrials, build your base, choose facilities to install, and manage your group's resources.

The world is pretty big, however the DLC is not worth the money since all it does is re-use the same exisiting map, and adds a few new quest.

This game is quite immersive. There are no save games, if you die that's it. your character is dead. upon dieing you swap to another member in your group. if you have no other members, game over.....

Highly recommended.
Posted December 30, 2013.