Recent reviews by JackWitherell

< 1  2  3  4 >
Game sucks. Can't recommend it. ♥♥♥♥♥ @ me in the comments if I'm wrong. Tell me how to play it right.
This game is an excellent fantastic time. You'll be pumping out conveyor belts in style.
Posted May 4.
This game was excellent but quickly went downhill. Now it's not worth experiencing anymore.
I beat this game.
I love this game.
I can't recommend this game.

If you're susceptible to seizures you shouldn't play this game.
If you have a laptop and go to school you shouldn't play this game.
If you have free time you shouldn't play this game.

If you start playing this, and haven't beaten it yet, don't. I can't recommend it.

If you like amazing endings that make you tear up despite there being no story whatsoever, you might wanna consider this game.

But for real, don't try and beat this game.
If you play it, stop playing it.

Delete it from your computer.
Hide it in your library.
Stop playing this game.
Posted April 30.
DISCLAIMER! If you've set up DSFix before and are satisfied with the results, you might want to consider sticking with it. If you want the game to run well out of the box, consider buying the remastered version.

DS Remastered is the first game but optimized. It can run on a gtx960/1050Ti-equivalent or higher almost flawlessly and has native support for kbd/mouse.

This game is not quite true to the original. Some of the graphics have been downgraded. What you get in exchange is a game that is less likely to crash but as likely to be raided by hackers in.

And if you've always felt like this game is too difficult, have no fear! If someone had told me the following statement years ago I would have been all over this game much sooner. Here it is...

This game has a death system like in Shovel Knight. In Shovel Knight, when you die, a portion of your money falls from your wallet and starts floating near the place where you died. If you can reach that place again without dying, you can collect your money bags, but only if they're reachable (not too high up, not over a huge pit). In Dark Souls, however, when you die, all of your "money" (souls) are dropped, but it is much easier to retrieve them since they are placed on the ground, a little ways away from where you died, on safe flat ground, allowing a much more relaxed experience in attempting a retrieval.

That statement alone means that no matter what rut you're in, no matter where you are, or how hard the area is around you, there's always a way out. If you're okay with grinding you can get out of any situation. As you progress, and find yourself getting better at the game, you won't have to grind as much.

I hope that advice allows at least one person who's turned away from this game to pick it up and find it as fun as I did.
Posted April 30. Last edited April 30.
WARNING: I only recommend this game if you have basic programming skills or you like reading manuals. If you came here from Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, be prepared to do some math.

An amazing game that allows a rudimentary programmer to experience what assembly is like without actually having to touch any assembly whatsoever. Experience the PS3's wonky CPU structure in brilliant text-adventure-era graphics.

Pros
- There aren't a lot of levels, but there's enough there to keep you going and trying to find better ways to solve the puzzles.
- Most of the stages are easy but allow a lot of room for you to improve your own skills as a TIS-100 programmer.
- Leaderboards between your friends give a great angle for you to figure out if there's any more ways to eke optimizations out of your programs.

Cons
- TIS-100's API isn't real, so this game is, in all regards, a waste of time. But so are most games.
- Don't expect to learn any amazing programming skills. Maybe learn a few shortcuts that can save cycles in real applications.
- Have fun competing with your 2 other friends who've played the game in the leaderboards.
just play bejewled 5head
Posted April 7.
A wacky, potent multiplayer experience that you will repeatedly say "What the ♥♥♥♥" to. +1 dedicated quacking button.
Posted March 28.
This game is a classic and you can spend a few days on with a large group of friends. I've poured a lot of time into it and frequently come back for more.
Posted March 28.
This game blew me away. I wasn't expecting to have more fun than I had with RoR 1. This is a faithful 3D conversion that feels smooth and has a great future ahead of itself.
< 1  2  3  4 >