Posted: Apr 27, 2016 @ 11:38am
Updated: May 24, 2018 @ 6:47pm

UPDATED REVIEW

A well-crafted souls-type clone. Two of my main concerns: punishing difficulty with little reward and no tutorial have since been addressed after my first writing of this review a month ago. The tutorial is basic, but it serves it's purpose well. It also is a good place to get some Vitae initially. And it seems (it could just be time since I last played playing tricks on me) but the amount of vitae dropped is much more than before and feels like a just reward for trading blows.

The aesthetic is something I liked quite a bit. Something about the pixel art style really lends itself to this game. The enemies are well designed, but I found some of the areas a bit muddy while others were very detailed.

I liked it. A lot. It's sort of a Souls clone, but not really. Many errors and shortcomings have been addressed and quickly. The developer is also highly attentive; a bug was reported in the forums and fixed within minutes. I've decided to keep the game for that reason alone.

NEW EDIT I have finally played the game to completion. It's amazingly well done, and a good, solid challenge that was worth the time invested.

+Excellent artwork
+Interesting Story (provided you pay attention)
+Combat is solid, and feels like it rewards learning your opponents moves

=The hub is spread out a bit much. Makes it difficult to get everything you need done in a short amount of time

-Vitae is used for several things, chief of which is leveling up abilities (such as attack power, etc)...however, to level up you need to find a room that is NOT in the Hub area. I beat two or three bosses before I realized I could level up =\

TLDR: A solid, interesting game with solid, rewarding combat. Well worth the price of admission.
.Purpur ▵ᐂ▵ Weltschmerz. Jun 1, 2016 @ 2:45pm
Good update...
.Purpur ▵ᐂ▵ Weltschmerz. May 30, 2016 @ 12:01pm
That's nice... thumb up for motivation... :P
Hawk Zombie May 30, 2016 @ 12:00pm
Yeah, I will definately rewrite this
.Purpur ▵ᐂ▵ Weltschmerz. May 30, 2016 @ 11:59am
Have fun and enjoy :D:
i hope you rewrite some stuff like "missing tutorial" but that's on you... it's not really important but i will thumb up then... :)
Hawk Zombie May 30, 2016 @ 11:31am
Neither. I was waiting for some updates (as well as a tutorial) and these replies to my review have reminded me to play the game. It is still fun, challenging, and a good game for the price.
BOLT May 30, 2016 @ 5:52am
Hey, how's it going? It's not like you've been playing the game at all. Was the first impression deceiving or the game was just too good to play?
.Purpur ▵ᐂ▵ Weltschmerz. May 28, 2016 @ 12:10am
First impressions are wrong the most times... that's why i downvote those reviews for games like this... not because i hate them, just because i think they are not helpful...
Dark Acre Jack Apr 28, 2016 @ 12:42am
I like "first impression" reviews. If I have to play a game for 10 hours to figure out if I like it or not, it's probably not worth it.
Hawk Zombie Apr 27, 2016 @ 10:30pm
Because I got a feel for the game in the short time I did play it. My notes and feelings are all due to my first twenty minutes of gameplay.
Maynard Apr 27, 2016 @ 1:37pm
"I have not played much of the game"

Then why are you reviewing it?