Posted: Aug 13, 2016 @ 7:56am
Updated: Aug 13, 2016 @ 8:27am

This game has so many bad reviews, which made me very cautious about getting it. I read a lot of reviews (positive and negative) along with the pinned posts in the game's discussion page. I verified that my CPU supports SSE 4.1, which you can see by clicking on "Help" and then "System Information" on Steam's menu bar.

That said, this game runs almost perfectly for me. I only noticed very minor lag/fps drop during the initial loading of the game. I have set all the graphical settings to "max" and changed the resolution to 1920x1200, which is what I use for everything. It's the max resolution for my monitor, which is a Dell u2412m. It only has a 60Hz refresh rate, so I never really expect more than 60fps in any game. I did change the game's FPS lock option from 30 to 60.

After playing for 3 hours, I have only run into one issue. I found a fish-like creature that was doing a headstand in shallow water. The game is fun and has a lot to do with discovery, survival, and crafting, which is something I've been looking for (since I love Minecraft, Terraria, and Ark: Survival Evolved so much).

Here are my specs:
Computer: Alienware Aurora-R4
OS: Windows 10 (64 bit)
CPU: Intel i7-4820k (3.7GHz)
RAM: 16GB