Posted: Aug 2, 2017 @ 8:06pm
Updated: Apr 26 @ 9:15am

Glass Masquerade (Puzzle)

Some of the options included are Resolution, Full-screen, Custom Cursor, Sensitivity, Hints on/off, and separate sliders for sounds and music.

Having the Hints on will give you help with placement of some edge pieces, giving you a good starting place, since we don't know what any of the clocks look like until we finish. The way the hints work is that a few select pieces will glow red, and have a gold ring on them that you can match up on the clock face. FYI, I played with hints ON.

There are 25 countries, 25 puzzles, and... wait for it... 31 Steam achievements (be sure to get the free DLC!)

As you can imagine with stained glass, these are not simple puzzles with predictable shapes and patterns. Even when you have an idea what the image will include, you'll likely still find these to be a challenge. For example, I was pretty sure I knew what the USA puzzle would portray, and it still took me 15.5 minutes to complete. I somehow managed to finish one puzzle in less than two minutes, but there was also one that took me 21 minutes, so difficulty varies.

There are two things the devs did to increase difficulty. First, the unplaced puzzle pieces slowly rotate, making shapes harder to track. In addition, pieces sometimes look too big for where you're going to place them, but that is because they overlap just a smidge! On the plus side, when you pick up a piece, it automatically swivels to the proper orientation for placement. The game would have been well-nigh impossible without this feature, so I'm glad they added it... Although some might view this as a missed opportunity to add a nightmare difficulty mode ;)

The music is very calm and relaxing, and did not seem to be linked to countries (or at least I didn't notice it changing when I changed countries.)

Once you have finished the game, you can go back in, replay any puzzle, and compete with yourself or your household to see who can finish the fastest (it will show you your time when you place the last piece.)

This was a very enjoyable game, with gorgeous graphics, intricate patterns, and relaxing gameplay and music. I would have liked to see more puzzles (or bigger ones), but I still highly recommend this one to any puzzle-lover.
FroBodine Sep 14, 2018 @ 8:35am
Oh, ok! Thank you! Back to Humble!
genkicoll Sep 14, 2018 @ 3:07am
No no, there's a daily punch card, too! You don't have to spend any money, just grab your punches three days in a row ;D
FroBodine Sep 13, 2018 @ 10:23pm
Thanks. I checked, and it's not really free. You have to buy stuff to get stamps to turn in for the game. I may as well just buy it here on Steam for $10 cheaper. Kind of a goofy promotion if I understand it correctly. Buy $15 worth of stuff, and get three stamps to get a $5.00 game. Hmm . . .
genkicoll Sep 13, 2018 @ 10:04pm
Humble is giving it away right now as part of their punch card promotion! https://www.humblebundle.com/mission/summer-sale-encore-rewards
FroBodine Sep 13, 2018 @ 9:39pm
What a great review! But, I expect nothing less from you! I had never heard of this game, but now there is a brand new DLC out for it, so I guess I'm buying it! I think my wife and daughter will really enjoy this one, too.
EdenStarGazer Sep 17, 2017 @ 2:48pm
I really enjoyed the game too. The fact that it was a different sort of jigsaw made it nice... the unique-ness of it. Good review.
Jela'n Aug 16, 2017 @ 4:07am
Good review, I recently finished this game and really enjoyed it. I admit it was a gift, but a lovely one at that. Very nice game. :)
talgaby Aug 3, 2017 @ 3:50am
Many readers who see a wall of text tend to just read the start. This is why I structure my reviews into a Short version/Long version format in this order. But this is only useful if you write to the store page and not the friend list.
Dy'Naer Aug 2, 2017 @ 8:37pm
It's just english isn't my native language, so it takes more time for me to read them. but those i read were always fair & well written :)
tbone Aug 2, 2017 @ 8:36pm
Very nice review ,i enjoyed this game also and i not a puzzle lover ,well done :Upvoter: