Posted: Nov 4, 2017 @ 6:48am
Updated: Nov 22, 2017 @ 2:23pm

Got this game quite some time ago, had some fun in it, despite plenty of people afk farming their achievements. Then Stunlock turned to crapware.

Front of steam page, they have the EULA link, as do most games these days:

Nothing new there, but then they changed things.
They added more T&S that you didn't get to see until you had bought the game & loaded it up.

Some parts of that were dodgy enough, I asked on steam, twitter & reddit. Finally got a reply on reddit:

"The EULA and the Privacy Policy are two different things and have been split up for clarity, rather than have the
Privacy Policy being a bit more hidden in the EULA. It's something we've done to follow EU rules. As for which Privacy
Policy is the current one I'm fairly certain it is the one that can be found in game. The one found on the website is
most likely, by accident, an older version. I will look into it some more."

I replied:

"I know they're two different things, that wasn't why I was asking...
Yes, once you've installed the game & ran the thing you can see it.
Nothing should be done like that, everything should be shown before purchases!"

Their reply was:

"Well, you have two hours to refund on Steam if it turns out it's something you can't agree with. But the one on the
website will of course be updated to the last one as soon everything has been sorted out."

When I pointed out that everyone that bought the game before they sneaked these things in could not refund, I never got another reply.

Then there's more. You also have to agree to Privacy Policy which you don't get access to until you've already bought & installed the game:

Some of the stuff in this is extremely dodgy, such as grabbing your IP, browser info', "Referring and exit pages,
including landing pages and pages viewed", Information about your media, device, hardware and software, such as your
hardware settings and components, updates you have installed or use, and presence of required plug ins & so on.

There is no reason at all they should be sniffing around your browsing, when it has nothing to do with the game!

Further down, they list information will be collected, but not shared. Only to later on state that information will be shared with third parties.

Anonymous Information

We use anonymous information to analyze user behavior and for marketing research. We may share information that can't identify any individual person with our partners and advertisers.

Personal Information

We will not share your personal information with any third parties without your consent, except as necessary to provide you with the services offered by us or to comply with the law.

How We Protect Your Information

Stunlock uses a range of measures to help protect your personal information, including encryption of sensitive financial information. Even so, no security measure is 100% perfect. This means we cannot guarantee the security of your information and do not assume any responsibility for the unauthorized use or access to your information under our control.

Disclosure of Personal Information

We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law. We may have partners that help us provide specific
services to you. We may share your personal information with them so they can provide these services to you. These
parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.

Stunlock will not sell your personal information.

In the event of a reorganization, divestiture, merger, sale or bankruptcy, we may transfer all information we collect
to the relevant third party and will obtain your consent to do so if required by law.

The way things are here, there's no way in hell this game should be allowed to continue snooping about as it is!

:steamsad:
Banana Crayons[Sad Forever][RIP] Nov 4, 2017 @ 12:13pm
I shall put up a ward to protect us all young sir!

/casts EDD!
LAminator Nov 4, 2017 @ 12:06pm
Gj banana protect us against evil !