Recent reviews by Emmaly

Big, massive yes. With yes sauce and a side of yes.

I originally wrote this review after about 10 hours. I've clocked 88.8 hours now. I still love it. I have an excessive number of games (it's over 600!), including some amazing hits like Half Life: Alyx and Elden Ring, and an absolute beast of a gaming machine plus a Quest 2 VR headset...

Yet here I am playing Stackland... for 88.8 hours now.

This game is wonderful, and I plan to dive into all of their other games to see if they're anything like this one.

Creators of this game: I love you. This is what I wanted and needed.

... Also, why don't you make these games as Android apps? You have a single Android app, and it's not even a game. This game would translate so well to a mobile app! I know that it would... I played it via Steam Link on my phone for a while, and it was mostly great! Also, when I first started playing Stacklands I actually was playing it on my Quest 2 VR headset via SteamVR, which is actually also where/how I bought it. My hands are a little too wobbly for playing this game in VR since the game assumes I'm using a mouse instead of a VR controller. It plays great on the computer with keyboard and mouse, of course. So, there you go. Some feedback on multiple play mediums. :)
Posted May 1, 2022. Last edited May 30, 2022.
This game is a fun time. kthx
Posted March 5, 2022.
Pretty great. Not as Cultures-like as I was hoping, but it's still a great game. There's a big focus on combat amongst clans and an annoying limit to the number of buildings you can have per area.
Posted October 9, 2017.
This game has been a good time so far. I'm only 3 hours into it at present.
Posted November 27, 2016.
This game is a lot of fun, and quite a challenge. Obviously the game isn't finished, but it's easy to lose a few hours in a row playing it anyway. Sandbox is a good time. I wish it had a better grasp on what blocks will produce a certain thing. For example, if you want to know what will produce Leisure, you have to hover over every block. It'd be nice to indicate that you want to find Leisure-producing blocks and then have it show you just those blocks. Also I would like to have more keyboard commands to make building easier.

Also, what's with the Bamboo? Once it goes in, I can never remove it. It seems like a bit of a joke since bamboo is very hard to get rid of once you have it on your property, in real life.
Posted September 9, 2016.
I don't yet mind the online-only part of the game. If my Internet connection were less reliable, I think I'd be mad. The game is pretty fun anyway.

EDIT:

OH MY GOD THE DISCONNECTS. I've started tracking my Internet connection. It's perfect. It's not dropped a single packet. Yet so many disconnects. C'mon, can't you get your servers to handle the load? You wanted to force us to keep 100% connection, you better hold up your end of this annoying bargain. :-|

The game? Awesome. Fun.

The connection crap? TERRIBLE. Just terrible. I'm so unhappy with this crap.

Are you on the fence? Don't buy the game right now. Wait a few months for them to fix their failures first.
Posted March 15, 2016. Last edited March 17, 2016.
This is everything EA's SimCity should have been, and more. My only regret was that I didn't buy it when it was cheap. It's still worth every penny. This game is already a big hit. But just wait: it'll get even better. Don't let EA get their grubby hands on this property!
Posted March 21, 2015.