Recent reviews by Emmaly

Pretty great. Not as Cultures-like as I was hoping, but it's still a great game. There's a big focus on combat amongst clans and an annoying limit to the number of buildings you can have per area.
Posted October 9, 2017.
This game has been a good time so far. I'm only 3 hours into it at present.
Posted November 27, 2016.
This game is a lot of fun, and quite a challenge. Obviously the game isn't finished, but it's easy to lose a few hours in a row playing it anyway. Sandbox is a good time. I wish it had a better grasp on what blocks will produce a certain thing. For example, if you want to know what will produce Leisure, you have to hover over every block. It'd be nice to indicate that you want to find Leisure-producing blocks and then have it show you just those blocks. Also I would like to have more keyboard commands to make building easier.

Also, what's with the Bamboo? Once it goes in, I can never remove it. It seems like a bit of a joke since bamboo is very hard to get rid of once you have it on your property, in real life.
Posted September 9, 2016.
I don't yet mind the online-only part of the game. If my Internet connection were less reliable, I think I'd be mad. The game is pretty fun anyway.

EDIT:

OH MY GOD THE DISCONNECTS. I've started tracking my Internet connection. It's perfect. It's not dropped a single packet. Yet so many disconnects. C'mon, can't you get your servers to handle the load? You wanted to force us to keep 100% connection, you better hold up your end of this annoying bargain. :-|

The game? Awesome. Fun.

The connection crap? TERRIBLE. Just terrible. I'm so unhappy with this crap.

Are you on the fence? Don't buy the game right now. Wait a few months for them to fix their failures first.
Posted March 15, 2016. Last edited March 17, 2016.
This is everything EA's SimCity should have been, and more. My only regret was that I didn't buy it when it was cheap. It's still worth every penny. This game is already a big hit. But just wait: it'll get even better. Don't let EA get their grubby hands on this property!
Posted March 21, 2015.