Posted: Dec 2, 2018 @ 12:52am
Updated: Dec 2, 2018 @ 1:07am

A really fantastic puzzle adventure game. It's bursting with charm and personality, and has some of the best art and visual polish I've ever seen. It's not a challenging game for the most part, but some of the puzzles toward the end get delightfully devilish, Seymour, and solving them was super satisfying.

It does have a few quirks of older point-and-click adventure games that feel a little dated, but nothing that I felt got in the way. There's a small "click everywhere on the screen to find the hidden coins" element, but most of the coins are completely optional and it's not hard at all to find enough to finish the game. There was one puzzle about halfway through that I got stuck on, not from being unable to figure out what to do, but just from the game not being consistent in communicating what objects I can interact with, and the manner in which they can be manipulated.

For the puzzle where you have to make an anchor point to tie the rope before you climb out the window: You need to use the drill to make two holes underneath the window. You have to drag the drill from your inventory to two small spots on either side of the windowsill. The game didn't make it clear that this was something I could interact with, and I had to look up a video to see exactly what it was expecting me to do.

The only other caveat is that the game doesn't have cloud save support, and I encountered a bug when I tried to backup my save manually. I can load my save just fine, but it won't save any additional progress I make. I had to finish the last third of the game all in one go, because every time I saved and came back, it started me at the same point where I backed up my save. Luckily, I noticed before I made significant progress, so I only had to redo a couple puzzles (which I could do quickly because I already knew the solutions.) A small annoyance and one that won't affect many people, but something to be aware of if you play games on more than one computer.

Other than that, this is the best adventure game I've played in years.