Posted: Apr 13, 2016 @ 11:59am

I am 50% owner of darkForge games LLC and I am responsible for creating all the visual art you have come to know as Nekro. Below is an update of what the state of the game and company is in. I am posting this so that you – the loyal fans and community can rally behind me to get this game completed and receive all your physical rewards. There is no doubt this post, and all else I make will be deleted so please propagate and keep this for future reference:

What Happened:
Nekro was originally supposed to be a 1-1.5 year development cycle after the Kickstarter campaign. While blame can be placed on a great many things we never actually had funding other than the Kickstarter and our personal finances of which I spent every penny I had. So we decided to rush to Early Access to help fund the completion of the game.

Once we got funding rolling in I heard the same story year after year, Scott would say “I can't do it, I need another year”. This happened for 2 years. Bear in mind Scott was taking 100% of all revenue even though we have a contract that explicitly states he can only take 50%. His reasoning was - “this is the only way we are going to finish the game”. So I obliged him, to the projects detriment. The last 5 months of 2015 however it became glaringly obvious what was happening. Scott was taking 100% of the revenue still but he stopped working on the game, he became too comfortable making money with no ambition to continue. I told him. “you cannot take funds from the game unless you are working on it!” This sent Scott into an uproar and he blocked me out of every account there is; the website, the Kickstarter, the steam account, and finally he took the last funds and shut-down the LLC bank account. To add insult to injury I was forced to pay over $1,000 of my own money for the 2015 California tax License as well as paying 50% of the taxes from the 2015 revenue of which Scott that he took 100% for his own personal benefit. Since Scott has blocked me from contacting him in any way.

The Future of Nekro:
There is no future unless I get ownership of darkFroge LLC and Nekro. I have most of the physical rewards and am dying to ship them. The game is almost complete as it is - so I would be able to finish the rest of the game in a short period of time after the transfer. What I ask of you is be very loud and demand that Scott hands over the assets and accounts to the game, and I promise I will not only complete the game but also give funds for those who worked on the game and were never paid.
Lifell Oct 11, 2017 @ 2:17pm
@l'Original Don't really know what to think of that. But Nekro was also the victim of the keyselling stuff. Like someone has stolen credit card details and buys a lot of keys from a keyselling site.

But quite frankly, we fans (so to speak) don't know what happened and I don't think that should really matter. It's freaking sad and I wish Nekro could've been completed and the developers got quite a bit of money from it. Standard seller/costumer thing. But that didn't happen. I don't think 1 person is to blame, or 2.

Let's hope this doesn't happen again.
l'Original Oct 11, 2017 @ 2:08pm
Lifell Oct 21, 2016 @ 5:22am
@Mad_Doodles Thanks for the link. I've read it all. Quite sad it turned out this way. I don't think we will really know for 100% sure what happened. Both stories are quite believe-able really. Although this one a lot less so. Atleast for me.
Plainbear Aug 4, 2016 @ 8:42am
Any news on that? It's been 1 year since the last update.
Applesauce Jun 19, 2016 @ 7:54am
I played an early version of this game at RTX in Austin a few years ago. Such a shame to see things end this way.
tarp May 18, 2016 @ 7:03pm
You claim the other guy stole the money and you have the kickstarter rewards. He claims you stole the money and he has the kickstarter rewards. Either way this is like a fucking soap opera and why do you guys even still have the kickstarter rewards?
Iz.Blankie Apr 20, 2016 @ 10:22pm
This* is the last that I will say on this and only here because Scott gutted the Nekro foums after removing my thread on why this highlights the peril of customers being sold promises over games. Valve needs to vet company financial solvency so situations like Nekro don't happen in the future.

_____
* http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dissenters-anonymous/discussions/1/364039531218136196/
[GOL] LiamD Apr 20, 2016 @ 3:35pm
Looks like the other guy has now deleted the big forum thread on it <_<
Mad_Doodles Apr 20, 2016 @ 8:18am
Whilst it's gone now (due to not wanting to get into a pissing match, and I ALMOST took screenshots too…), we've had a counter-response claiming this is either a warped version of events or utter horseshite.

This is pretty serious, as if that's true this post proves you're trying to play us for saps with the promises of shiny goodies that flat out don't exist, whilst aiming to shove the game out of EA and run off with whatever money you can.

On the other hand Scott is claiming he’s completely shut everything down to keep whatever integrity the game has left and not sucker more people into a project that will probably never, ever be finished. I dunno about anyone else, but from what I’ve seen that’s looking far more likely right now.

Care to post any proof that anything you’re saying is true? How about photos of the physical goods that supposedly exist? Do that and I’ll be far more open to believing you.

Right now though? It’s really, REALLY not looking good.