Recent reviews by Jenac Azaela

< 1  2  3 >
I have finally finished the story, and feel I can share my opinion.
This game is a masterpiece. It has such great characters, great music and a good storyline. And most importantly, it GREATLY rewards exploration, which I felt was lacking in earlier games.
This is a true redeemer after A New Frontier, and I am so glad TellTale and Skybound managed to end the series with such an enjoyable game.
My one and only criticim is there is still one loose thread that I didn't get resolution for, but I'll just have to bear through it.
Thank you TellTale for the good times, all the feels.
Posted March 26.
I honestly don't know what to say, after having finished a storyline for the first time. I may be more certain after playing through it a few more times, but at this time, this game is just so out there.
The checkpoint/save system is kinda unpredictable at times. Certain characters and areas are so on the side, yet integrated, that it is easy to grow apathetic and stressed out at the same time.

TLDR; This is not a bad game, but it is not a particularly good one either.
Posted April 1, 2018.
Let me start off by saying I wasn't originally thinking of playing this game, because of two reasons:
1) I have seen a bit of a playthrough, and it looked like it's a visual novel with almost no player interaction. I have played a similar style before, with way more interaction, mind you, and still found the story utterly boring.
2) This is anime girls. I'm not all that into anime girls.
However, after seeing the game was free, I thought I'd give it a spin. Worst case scenario, I don't like it and can just uninstall it.
I was not all too much let down by how the game turned out to be, but I will admit I found myself in several uncomfortable moments, either startled or expecting to be startled. I had a certain idea about what I'd be getting myself into, so it won't deduct points worth mentioning.

All in all, an interesting game, but... I didn't get to properly finish a date path with Natsuki, so I give thumbs down just for that.
(JK, game's fine, but I was miffed by not getting all the way with Natsuki)
Posted February 8, 2018.
This game is simply enjoyable. Grinding for money and renown may become a repetitive task, but the simplistic overall design makes for an actually relaxing game. It is a bit of an improvement over the original game, with multiplayer function, and far superior to its successor; Fire and Sword.
Posted November 4, 2017.
This is in itself a decent game. But for me, it just doesn't hold a candle to Warband. Warband is just so infinitely much more enjoyable.
Posted November 3, 2017.
Just no.
Posted November 3, 2017.
A much belated review, but after I saw the negative feedback, I felt the need to share my opinion.
This game has gone through many phases, and many versions. And with each patch, any progress was deleted, and you had to start over. Now that I can understand, but the changes to the game have been very different in terms of how enjoyable they made the game.
Godus used to have a plethora of various building designs, and even though it might be wrong, I felt like the game had random map generation, mostly due to the frequent updates. In the current version and a few before, however, there is just one static map, and it is extremely uninspiring. The buildings are boring, the cute flags the builders rose were swapped for boring markers, and some of the landmarks are in areas that feel wrong.
Worst of all, however (in my humble opinion), is that the game is very, VERY buggy. Followers teleport to areas and get trapped, certain landmarks don't work, and the God's diary pages disappear and get repeated, leaving many pages out, never to be read.
Now, this has been a bit of a rant, but here's my final thoughts: Is Godus a bad game?
No, Godus is not a bad game. It's not good, but it had potential. And with next to no more development on the game, it's not worth the price tag anymore. It was fun while it lasted, but 22cans broke what could have become a good game..
Posted August 12, 2017. Last edited November 23, 2017.
Yet another good game from TellTale. A tiny bit lacking on the exploration front, but still more than enjoyable.
Posted June 14, 2017.
Good story and funny characters. And of course much room for tailored story.
Posted March 15, 2017.
Nice and relaxing game with really great music.
Posted February 16, 2017.
< 1  2  3 >