Recent reviews by Queen Delta

It seems like this is a very divisive game, but I'm enjoying it

It's a dumb fun action game, and Id's really good at those. The open world is more or less just there as a way to give you more freedom in what missions you choose to tackle first.

The story isn't important either, and that's fine by me. It just feels good going to places, blowing things up, and getting upgrades to blow more things up.
Posted May 17.
I'm not quite sure what to think about this game.

I'll start by saying I think this game is well designed. The levels look great, the music suits the tone of the game, the controls feel solid, and the overall challenge level feels fair. I'm gonna leave a recommendation just because I respect what the devs have done here so far.

The main problem I've had is that I feel like I just finished the game (the 6 early access episodes at least) on Autopilot. I feel like most of my enemy encounters involve circle strafing around monsters that either shoot a projectile or charge at you. Each episode has it's own unique set of enemies, but don't quite feel unique enough to shake up my plans or strategies.

Level design feels a similar way. Many levels have some cool architectural design, but usually just involve a button sequence or a key hunt to split up fighting hordes enemies in fairly open spaces. I'd love if there were more surprises, because it generally felt very predictable. Even when the game decides to unleash a monster trap on you after grabbing a key, you start to expect it after it having happened on the last several maps.

Overall, I'll say I thought the game was decent, I just don't think it's the kind of game I'll be thinking about months or even years from now. I do wish the developers the best, and I'll try and check out the next episode when it drops.
Posted May 9.
A lot of love and care was put into this game and it made me feel things I haven't felt in over 15 years

Give them your money right now
Posted October 9, 2017.