Recent reviews by Ygglicious

< 1  2  3 >
arena shooter with really tight gunplay, the portals allow you to outplay your enemy in ways ive never seen in any shooter before - it requires some mindbending to get used to but "thinking with portals" is amazing fun.

Even with the small playerbase, matchmaking seems swift and fair. After initially stomping every lobby i am now getting matched with more similar skilled players and have very balanced games everytime.

i'm surprised to see how fleshed out many parts of the game are, the manifold gamemodes are a load of fun and keep it fresh. The Skins though, seem very lackluster and boring for the most part. While I've seen some sick player models and there are some interesting things in the battlepass - i just started ignoring any of the customization options.
Posted March 27.
Good Guns make pew pew very well.
Posted January 3.
Absolute labour of love.
Posted December 1, 2020.
Beautifully crafted game so far, you are not the chosen one, a power fantasy is much harder to achieve since you need to play by the same rules as everything else in the game. I love the feeling during the prologue, the voiceacting and atmosphere is superb. The inventory and character management system is lovely and the fights simple but intense.

Navigating through the maps after the prologue is a bit tiresome atm, it's clickfest tbh - i wish large distances could be covered more fluently. There's a lot of content to be fleshed out and added in the future ofc.

Stoneshard seems very promising to me atm, it's quite interesting at present - but those looking for more than a tech demo and a look at the deisgn of mechanics and world, might want to wait for future updates beyond beta.
Posted February 13, 2020.
really great game which feels pleasantly different to other RPGs, loved collecting and crafting all the different types of items to customize my charakter
Posted November 26, 2019.
Aside from the UI and Inventory Management this game is perfection.
Posted November 24, 2018.
While i never would have bought this game myself, once i tried it after receiving it as part of a bundle i was pleasantly surprised.

Great music to accompany the quite surreal environments full of weird crap. Dialogues are well written and put into an interesting system. The world is more than intriguing enough to make you play through the whole game.
Can be completed in more or less than two hours.
Posted February 4, 2018.
Subnautica delivers a really grand experience!

You litterally dive into a marvellous world with beautiful and vast environments, which you can explore at your own pace.
The story is not experienced through unecessary exposure rather than parallel to the exploration and progression through the world. Surprisingly interesting in some aspects too.

Rather than shooting down every predator in sight i had to very carefully observe the world for predators and take necessary precautions. And to orient myself and navigate through the vast ocean i had to build beacons at recognizable landmarks. The lack of "proper" weapons and a MiniMap are very unusual among todays many survival games, but one that actually helped immerse myself in the dephts of Planet 4546B.

While building a customized underwater Seabase with plantations, reactors, radars and drones amidst a compelling scenery of a giant coral forest was my personal highlight there were many spectacular moments i would love to experience for the first time again!
Posted January 28, 2018.
I CLEAN. I FIX.
no srsly this is fun for 5 seconds & then just plain ridicolous & boring.
Posted January 6, 2014.
I bought this game expecting it to be cool of course. I was attracted by the interesting swordcombat, gunplay & humor.
And i got ALL of this and even more. This game is pretty ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ awesome, even though there are only around 10 enemy types, the fights are always loaded with fun, because SLICING DEMONS INTO PIECES seems to be something that gets never tiring. Although i hate two enemy-types (the flying things, and pesky inpenetrable things with (penetrable) pimples on their backs), its incredibly satisfying to finally kill them off. The scenery is very beautful, so is the level design, although it is very linear (but who cares? i just want to slice demons into pieces). The jokes & puns are stupid, but i love them. Furthermore this game has some of the best Easter-Eggs & secrets i've ever seen.

The ranged weapons thopugh, are usually boring & unefficient when you first get them, and only really useful when you get the upgrades later on. Especially the Shuriken (wich don't even have any upgrades) and the revolver unsatisfying.

All Bossfights after the first one are not that spectacular since they follow the same routine and you cannot make proper use of the sword in any but the last of them. The final battle is lacking though, since the big-evil-mastermind-demon simply surrenders (wtf this pissed me off) and the fights against his lackey only take place within cutscenes and are on top of that rather unspectacular.

Either way, if you just want some old-school FPS action you will get it. This game does have its flaws as do most games, but it delivered a very enjoyable experience to me and im already in my second playthrough.

definitely recommended!