Recent reviews by transielle♥

EDIT: Valve made the choice to not release the game finished and did a terrible job of getting it up to where it needed to be.
They could have just stolen the system Hearthstone uses for ranks and rewards and people would probably still be playing.

DO NOT buy this game in its current state, wait for if Valve does actually revamp it like they say they will.

Original:
So far I have really enjoyed this game, it is a card game like none other. With just the start 10 packs, plus selling the unwanted rares I have been able to build the deck I wanted.

But building additional decks that are of any quality would definetly require buying more packs, what brings us to the downside of the game, the economy... The economy is structured more like real life Magic the Gathering instead of the f2p digital card games like hearthstone. I am mostly okay with this, if you want packs you have to buy packs or enter tournaments, I play Magic for many years so I am used to this. But many people will be unhappy with this approach

I do wish they would add some sort of progressive to the casual play, like just XP from each game that goes to an arbitrary ranks so there is something to strive for when not playing Expert. Also I feel like simply adding the ability to grind out packs from winning many games in causal and getting your rank up would negate a lot of the bad reviews. In hearthstone it takes quite a few wins to save up the gold for 1 pack, but I feel like just having that option would make people much happier.
Posted November 30, 2018. Last edited April 19, 2019.
A game that really makes you feel. It's short but worth the experience
Posted November 24, 2016.
1,574.3 hrs on record (1,562.1 hrs at review time)
I have been playing this game for a very long time (since 2008), and it has changed so much over that time.

There was a time that I personally felt like the game was dead to me, there was nothing in it for me anymore. (F2P, manconomy really killed it for me).

But now I have been back into this game full swing, Valve seems to have a renewed interest in TF2 all of a sudden, a huge update recently came out, and Valve is actually communicating with us and trying to fix all of our concerns.

The game now feels like new life has been breathed into it with the new addition of matchmaking.
What I found went away in the game years ago was that people weren't actually playing to complete the
objective of the game, rather trading, taunting, being friendlies, etc... But now with Casual and Ranked matchmaking almost all games are actaully being played the way originally intended, with teams working together, communication, and incetive to contiune to improve thanks to the ranks.

It is great to have the game I love back. Thanks Valve!
Posted August 16, 2016. Last edited November 21, 2018.
An amazing experience, it's only about 3-4 hours long, but it is very worth it. Esecially if it is on sale.
Posted June 29, 2016.
Goats
Posted September 9, 2015.
♥♥♥♥