Recent reviews by buxomant

2,385.4 hrs on record
Takes a while to get into. Once you do, you could potentially spend hundreds of hours on it. Way too much overpriced DLC, but some of it is near-essential (there are guides on reddit to help you choose). Wait for 50-75% discounts before buying.
Posted November 25, 2017.
Strong contender for the "Fallout without guns" award.
Posted November 24, 2016.
Played all 3 previous games. Loved all of them (maybe the 3rd one not so much, but had to see how the trilogy ended).
Got this one for free, and I'm absolutely loving it. You can probably skip the first 3 games and go straight to this one if you haven't played any of the previous games and get a similar experience.
Posted November 8, 2015.
Finished the game in ~13 hours according to Steam, had to post something to counteract the mixed reviews that might scare away potential new players.

The game is not *bad*, and I haven't experienced any technical glitches or anything like that to ruin my experience. Plus, for the 11 Euros I paid for it, some might argue I got my money's worth (I actually only did it to complete my collection and receive the Final Cut for free).

The story is cute, as always, though maybe a bit repetitive and predictable. I feel that, considering the scope of this game, it would've fit better as the second title in the series. Having played the considerably more vast Van Helsing 2, I can see how you might find the end of the trilogy somewhat underwhelming.

Really not a bad game, if you go into it with realistic expectations about what it is. Doing a little bit of research before purchasing a title goes a long way to prevent feeling cheated after the fact.
Posted September 30, 2015.