Recent reviews by Jim Cantalupo

If you're reading negative reviews and fearing this game may be too difficult or that you will get frustrated, I don't think you have much to worry about. When you start a new game you get the option to choose whether there is a tutorial or not, or whether you have a hud or not. I've played with tutorial off and hud on and haven't been confused bar one moment where I wasn't sure how to attack, though in hindsight it makes sense how to.

The controls you are told are very basic and don't explain a lot, but that's the point of the game, you're told what each button does, given a tribe of primates and told to go survive, you figure out how to do things pretty quickly, if you have the hud turned on button prompts will always appear when they need to, I don't understand how people are complaining about the controls being bad or confusing to grasp, I'm playing on a gamepad and it feels great to me.

I don't want to spoil too much because finding things out is half the fun (the other half is swinging in trees), but it's really not that hard to figure out how to make things, it's a lot of common sense. You have a branch and you want to make it sharp? Bash something hard against it.

And to top it all off you're a prehistoric primate monkey man climbing trees and swinging from branches and you can just kinda mess around in the environment, occasionally eating, sleeping, and drinking and have plenty of fun
Posted August 29.
Game is fun. Community is the opposite of fun.

As a survivor you get 3 other 7 IQ brainlets that turn the game into a 1v1 with some fleshy obstacles between you and the killer, who will promptly knock you onto the floor and watch you die instead of chasing literally anyone else.
Alternatively you can queue with 3 friends that are good at the game and utterly wipe anyone you come against because being able to communicate with team mates is like a mix of 3 or 4 in-game perks all at once.

As a killer you either get to enjoy a tense game where you hunt 4 lonely survivors.
Alternatively you can feel helpless with a group of 4 pros that will all get out within 2 minutes and there's nothing you can do to change that.

The game is very fun when you're matched with people at the same skill level as you but this game likes to match you with people that are either far below or far above your skill level so you either wipe the floor with your opponents faces or your face gets wiped on the floor.

Wait until it's on sale to buy it because with how toxic the community is, the game is not worth the full price
Posted September 11, 2019.
The best battle royale experience you can get
Posted June 14, 2018.
It's been so long since I've had this much fun in a video game. There's something so magical about joking around with a bunch of dudes, opening a door, and then hearing a symphony of people shouting every cuss word in the english dictionary while running in the opposite direction from whatever abomination was waiting for them.

Considering you get a server full of fun-loving people you will have a very positive experience whether you're screaming with a group or being screamed at by a bunch of terrified jumpsuited delinquents.

Additionally, with the return of SCP-079 I can conclude that there's nothing scarier than being chased by a lanky, black, slimey monster that can walk through walls, running into a room and having all the lights turn off and all the doors lock, knowing that I can do nothing but cry and listen to the heavy footsteps of my approaching doom.

10/10 would ♥♥♥♥ myself again
Posted June 14, 2018. Last edited January 1, 2019.
Mix of The Ship and Assassin's Creed Multiplayer's Wanted mode. My issues are that it's way too easy to detect who your hunter is and who your quarry is, and there needs to be a server list for playing with friends in public servers
Posted April 20, 2018.
Naked people get murdered by advanced members of society: The Game.
I love playing this game with my friend, it's just that being killed by some nonce with a wolf headress and crossbow just after spawning 5 times in a row brings out an anger that I didn't know I had in me.

This game is suitable for 3 kinds of people:

God Complex's:
+You get to kill defenceless people to your heart's content
+Feel like king of the world
-Literally everyone hates you

Patient People:
+After being spawnkilled enough times you'll get a good spawn
+Trek long and far to find an isolated place to build a base
-Wake up the next day and you would've been raided anyway

Lucky sonsabiches:
+Find a dead guy with full loadout
+'Liberate' base that's missing a door
+Somehow never come across another player
Posted December 19, 2017.
I don't even know why I play this game anymore. Every game I play has me and my friend carrying our team so hard that every match is a 2v5.
Yet I can't stop playing. This game is like heroin, after a while you hate playing it and get mad at yourself when you expect something to change when you play it, but you keep coming back for more
Posted August 24, 2017. Last edited December 19, 2017.
Imagine gunpoint with more murder, fully functioning cool combat, longer story, and a ton more difficult.

I love it to bits
Posted August 14, 2015.
It's like Smash Bros for PC, with less characters and more fun.
Posted August 14, 2015.
Floor 0: You walk in and are greeted by a cute little ghost girl, this could be fun
Floor 10: So this is a tease of jumpscare horror games? Cool
Floor 60: Huh, this green guy is a little creepy, a nice change though
Floor 315: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ RUN, RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN AHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAH
Floor 810: ._. I just gotta get back to th- AHHHHHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHH ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
[INTERLAPSE]
End game: Play spooky's house of jumpscares, they said. It's a cute game, they said...
Posted July 30, 2015. Last edited August 14, 2015.