Recent reviews by KAOS

< 1  2  3 ... 21 >
When you desperately hope to be acquired by Epic Games, so you keep launching useless DLCs.
Worsening the community's (kindergarten) level of toxicity and touching ever lower points of imbalance.
Posted July 11.
I was enjoying the game, then the Ashes of Malmouth expansion came out.
Lots of desire to play the necromancer (that should have already been in the base game) but zero desire to spend 18€ on a class (yes there is more, certainly not 18€ worth of content).
For years I waited confidently for a real discount but you know how speculation works in video games: base game cheap and in bundles, DLCs never above 50% off.
Completely ruined experience.
There's better out there *NOW*, so I don't think I'll ever come back to this game, or future chapters.
Player: “It can't be worse than Coteries”
Devs: “Try us”
Modest visual novel with beautiful illustrations but often boring dialogue. On sale, under 10 euros it is a good buy, but no more than that.

Some subplots could also be interesting but the number of 'liveable' nights is limited, you have to hurry and it is impossible to talk to everyone. For the developers this should have prompted the player to replay the title but it is the exact opposite! The thought: 'I will have to do the same things 2-3 more times for a few lines of text' is discouraging.

Rule #1 of visual novels: don't rush.
In single player it's incredibly boring, you have to spend hours and hours holding down the left mouse button to cut down trees and break stones. The world is empty, the quests? The story? Maybe after the first 200 hours wasted, who knows?

Seriously: hours of play that give nothing back. Not even those with an eternity ahead of them would want to waste their time like that.
– Andrew, what’s happening?
– Bad news, my dear Gabriela. We are free.
The plot as a whole is not bad and the drawings are excellent.
Unfortunately, it also has the classic flaws of mediocre point-and-click games:
- Slow pacing
- Forced jokes
- Arbitrary mind-reading puzzles
- Puzzles linked to a specific dialogue, so it is not enough to have read the developer's mind the first time

These elements, combined with a less than memorable soundtrack, make the game boring.

The plot, I repeat, intrigues, so one eventually resists boredom. But I felt like I was resisting boredom for 20 very long hours, instead it ends in less than 4 hours.
Always follow your heart, unless your heart is bad with directions.
Posted May 27.