Recent reviews by FrenchFryAGoGo🍟

1,012.7 hrs on record
I love this game, and the franchise holds a dear place for me in my heart. From playing Frontier: Elite 2 in my youth to this, I played the franchise a ton. I even modded Elite 2 back in the day with a star system edit (Arisata mod for F:E2 circa 2000, grind Google hard for it if you're interested) because I loved being able to tinker.

I've explored to my hearts content for years, and I still love the game (1,000+ hours worth of fun for me makes it easy to give it a positive review), but it's still lacking in key areas. But most importantly, this game desperately needs landable atmospheric planets. The same boring rocks and ice worlds get to you after a while.

We really need to get to the point of parity that the old 90s games had: Being able to land anywhere. I miss landing at the spaceports in Tokyo or London or New York etc, or any of the Alliance / Imperial earth-like worlds, heck even a molten volcanic hellscape. Early 90s pseudo-3D graphical limitations aside, it was a breath of fresh air at the time.

After a thousand hours, I've left ED behind for now, but not for good not by a long shot. It's a lot to ask of a dev to try to add something that grandiose in nature, especially with what it would take in 2020 to implement in a realistic and visually satisfying way, but once the game gets to that point I may become lost in it again for another thousand hours or more.
Posted November 26.
Quality game, feels like a build-your-own-life Kingdom Come or Skyrim.

Looking forward to more updates. Keep up the good work!
Posted November 26.
Been addicted to this game since it came onto Steam.

I've owned it since 2017, but having not played for two years it has left loads of untouched content for me to sink my teeth into. Plus with more friends to play with, as well as new players, has reinvigorated the game for me.

Thumbs up. 9/10.
Posted November 26, 2019. Last edited November 26, 2019.
This game alone is worth the premium for the Steins;Gate Elite bundle.

Quality side stories. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll still think Daru is a perv.
Watch out for catgirls and random lizards. Suzuha still best girl.

All in all it gives quite a bit of background to your favourite characters, and fills holes to questions you may have had.

10/10. Buy it.
Posted June 28, 2019.
Most immersive RPG I've played (bugs aside) in a couple years. Lots of love went into making it.
The world is exquisitely built and makes you feel like you're in the 15th century.
It has some quirks, but it's definitely worth a playthrough. Go for it!
Posted November 21, 2018.
I made a game console with 1KB of RAM. It dominated the 16 bits of the day. 10/10.
Posted November 24, 2017.
2,014.5 hrs on record (635.6 hrs at review time)
Hockey's best management sim, from the early days until now. Get it.
Posted November 23, 2016.
I've been testing this game for months now, proud backer of the project.

In its current state it is essentially a massive physics sandbox. I use it mostly to simulate car crashes and pileups, but the possibilities are endless with all the available mods and tracks to work with. Be aware this is NOT a finished product; clearly an alpha, but a fun alpha!

Head on over to the BeamNG.drive forums for the latest content, beta or otherwise. The default cars are nice, but once you pump some custom vehicles and maps into the game it becomes a real treat. The Matrix Freeway and Riverside Expressway maps are my favourite, and there's lots more!

I recommend this game to anyone who wants to mess around with vehicles regardless of the consequences. Better here than in real life, right?

Enjoy the ride!
Posted May 29, 2015.
As far as NBA or basketball sims go these days, this is probably at the top in the pure management / statistics market.

I've been playing the DDS:PB series for years, and it has evolved into a solid management simulation with good attention to detail and a fairly accurate simulation model.

To get it out of the way early, yes there are some bugs. The match engine is fine, it has more to do with the interface. One example is when you go to draft a player in the NBA draft, only to see no players available. Deselecting a position in the player filter and reselecting fixes this, but it can lead to some confusion.

More annoying is you will occasionally get an exception error while playing. My recommendation is to click okay, save, and then quit and restart the game. This has been an issue with 3 as well, but as the game is updated these bugs get narrowed out. Unfortunately I was unable to get the gamecast function to work as this error would occur every time. 2D play works fine, or you can quick sim. Hope they fix that. EDIT: The crossed out issues can be fixed if you run the game as an administrator.

You can expand the league to new cities if you wish (Seattle and Las Vegas are the default new cities), or you can customize the game settings to your liking. Real rosters are included, though team names and logos are different. But that's fine for me, since real players are all I wanted to begin with. You can also generate random players.

Playing games or quick-simming them is an option, and there is a full free agency period and coach hiring phase as well. There is some commentary during the draft, though it can be a bit buggy if trades pop up after a selection is made.

Coaching is well done, and you can play as both a coach and GM, or as either alone. Your owner will have expectations for you in GM mode, though you can disable GM firings if you wish.

Once you get the hang of the new interface (quite different from 3 and 2) it seems to navigate well.

The market is quite shallow for good basketball management sims (World Basketball Simulator is not worth recommending). This and the 2K series are your best bets.

I enjoy this franchise immensely, so give it a shot if a deep management sim is what you're looking for. But for those looking for NBA action on the court, stick to NBA 2K.
Posted November 26, 2014. Last edited November 26, 2014.
Without a doubt, this is a realism level shooter that can appease the hardcore as well as the casual. The guns themselves are great to handle, upgrades to your equipment are handled very well, good balance. Teamwork really means something in this game, you need to work together to win. Map design is excellent as well, they're well laid out with lots of cover as well as open firefight space. Contact's night atmosphere and the winter layout in Heights are highlights for me.

The community around the game is growing, and I definitely want to see this game continue to be successful. Kudos to NWI for creating an excellent multiplayer FPS package. Thumbs way up!
Posted April 24, 2014.