Recent reviews by Adrien

You're here wondering if RER 2 is as good as RER 1.
Is it still worth buying it ?

Summary :
  1. General aspects
  2. Campaign
  3. Raid mode

General

Graphics : It's a good improvent looking back at RER 1, but characters are not better, if not worse.
Music : The Music is okay, some of them won't be new for fans.
Content : Hard to say that Raid Mode is the content of this game. Basically you'll find the Campaign a lot better.
Controls : They are different, but it's easier to handle. As a PC gamer (keybord/mouse), you can see the game wasn't made for PC as well.
Gameplay : Like RER 1 easy to handle, not so much added to it : crafts and management of the storage of your characters

I can't help thinking that they though : 'yeah.. lets do RER 2, 1st one worked well, we'll get some hype around it to get it to work anyway'.

It feels unfinished, not optimized, I also have to play on lower resolution where RER 1 worked great. The interface could be better in Raid Mode.

How's the Campaign ?

Cinematics : it feels like ok, looking back at RER 1.
The story add more to the RE saga, fans as well as newcomers (like me) will appreciate it for sure.
There is a whole board of upgrades for the characters, a lot ! So many that you will be able to unlock them only after completing the Campaign multiple times.
Steam Achievements : Some are very hard to get, and some of them are only obtainable by playing the Campaign a lot of times. For some it's boring, not fun.
You can play the campaign with different modes, countdown or invisible monsters, you need to spend BP to unlock them.

What about the Raid mode then ?

Raid mode is different, it keeps the bonuses as medallions, even tho there is not much reward related to it.
I find it entertaining in the beggining, then it gets boring once you get ~30% of all medallions. Nothing to see really, espacially if you played most of the others RE games (not like me).
What strikes me the most is that the raid mode is just cuts from other RE games, they didn't give a sh*t whatsoever about RER 2... it's disapointing...

The game is still updated with events : http://www.residentevil.net.

Final taste : RER 1 ⇒ RER 2, RER 2 << RER 1.

Do not buy it with the hope of having an experience as good as RER 1.
The game has a good campaign but you'll just play it by little sessions, cause it gets boring very quickly.
If you're a solid gamer : yes, you'll find some hours to spend.
Looking back at all of this, the only thing they improved is graphics (very sad). And the max level in raid mode.
The game is made for fans, wasting such a potential after RER 1 makes me want a refund.
I still enjoyed the Campaign.
Posted July 30. Last edited August 31.
Back in 2013 it was a big boom when it came out.
Now it's 2019, wondering if you should you do it ?

Summary :
  1. General aspects
  2. Campaign
  3. Raid mode
General

Graphics : Focalised on characters and monsters, which is for the best. It's also a 2013 game.
Music : 'O vendetta di Dio'. There are some pretty good ones, good work on that.
Content : Raid Mode. About what you should expect from a Resident Evil game.
Controls : Hard to begin with 'cause quite unusual, but you'll get used to it.
Gameplay : Easy to handle, dodges are hard to master. Weapons stats are customable.
Steam Achievements : They are entertaining, simple and follow the game as it should be played !

How's the Campaign ?

Cinematics : They did a good work with the camera.
It's short but intense, and so, hard to follow sometimes, which is why I recommend to play it at least twice.
Some editing glitch between scenes at the end, but other than that, it's a pretty good and complete campaign.

What's the Raid mode ?

Raid mode is why I recommend the game. It gets harder as you climb the 60 stages (20x3) + The Ghost Ship .
New weapons, new parts, more gameplay, new characters and more customization.
Co-op mode online is dead, but don't worry : add people to play with, there are active groups for that.
You'll need some patience to progress, but you should also ask more experienced people to play with.

The game is still updated with events ! http://www.residentevil.net

Should you buy it ?

Yes you should if you're a solid gamer, I got 100 hours in Raid mode and I still don't have the weapons I want. What keeps me playing this game is that I always have better stuff to use, more knowledge and so, more fun ! :D
Posted July 27. Last edited August 6.
2,159.8 hrs on record
TF2.
Posted July 2.
Enter the Gungeon is this kind of game that you're attracted by, it's satisfying in any way possible, but you can't experience the whole thing caus' BOOM u ded, back to 1st floor again.

Summary:
  1. First steps
  2. Why you keep playing it
  3. A Timeless Mastepiece
First Steps

- PAIN !

The first time you enter the Gungeon, it's very shooty and it's hard to understand what's going on, you'll be like :
'Aaahhh... if only i could get better at this freakin' game !'

- A 'die and retry' at the top of his class

Try,
Die,
Learn, learn how to dodge every ennemy, what weapons & synergies work better for you, how to get your first no-hit boss fight as well.

- Game's emotional

After getting the first 3 floors done consistently you keep going down the chambers, you're starting to see more progress, so you keep going down and down until the Dragon is facing you.

And then, you're here in front of him maybe because your weapons & item set was op but you're here, you've been waiting this moment for weeks ! ... Your heart's gonna tell you 'don't f*ck that up bro'.
You've never tried this hard to get something done until now, but it's not enough, the Dragon is too strong.

- Game's addictive

But you did great, you've never come this far ! You can be prood of you ! Now you're more prepared for the next met, and more dertermined to get this done.
And so here you are, 1st floor with the Dragon picture in your head, haunting you until you do what you have to do.

The potential of this game is mind blowing

There are plenty of entertaining objectives, and you'll always have one.
After you killed the pasts and unlock most of the stuff, every run is unique : the combination between items and guns offers a new particular way of playing the Gungeon.

For some, item = another game, example : Super Hot Watch, Remote bullets.

Retro gamers, I'll let you see about the references : https://enterthegungeon.gamepedia.com/References (there is quite a lot of them)

- Your eyes will thank you

An amazing artstyle never seen before.
The music made by doseone is incredible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DZOS6ECwM8

- A must for the challengers

Once you mastered regular runs, another game is waiting for you and there is the choice : turbo mode (even faster), rainbow (only op items), cursed runs (stronger ennemies, also the best mode if you're looking for custom runs), and others challenges. You can combine them as well. Do as you please !

You'll regret not buying it,
I give it the Masterpiece grade.
Posted November 4, 2018. Last edited August 9.