Posted: Jan 30, 2016 @ 9:25pm
Updated: Feb 17, 2016 @ 3:35pm

I have gotten both achievements and seen both endings, and only have a few puzzles left before 100%. I have throughly enjoyed this game, but I must warn that it is not for everyone. This is a puzzle game first, not a puzzle adventure game. It is not like Myst. It may feel pointless or repeitive if you do not enjoy the puzzles. I do enjoy the puzzles.

For me this game is worth full price. I never felt like what I was doing was mindless or repetitive. Every puzzle always felt like it taught me something new or challenged me to use what I knew in different ways. The game's environment is as beautiful as the clever design of these puzzles. Many puzzles seemed to know how I thought and actively cut off paths that I would naturally try to take, instead forcing me to get creative and try something else - this felt very refreshing. There are also several puzzles where your initial solution solves the puzzle but nothing happens, and if you solve the puzzle in a different shape it changes the environment to match how you solved the puzzle. For me this is the most rewarding experience.

Not to mention the secrets in the game that blow your mind when you first discover them and then continue to blow your mind as you solve more of them. Many of them are a puzzle to even set up in the first place, and I felt challenged in a different way than the normal puzzles. It is very enjoyable.

I only had to look up a walkthrough at two points during the game, and not to solve puzzles that I was stuck on, but instead to find out where to actually find more puzzles to solve.

If you enjoy puzzle games like the Portal series and Antichamber, this game is for you. There is minimal story and the focus is expressely on puzzles, and you are free to play any music you want in the background or listen to a podcast etc, or you could just stick with the ambience of the game.

If you aren't interested in actually playing the game yourself, you can watch my playthrough here for more in-depth commentary and spoilers:
LB Feb 17, 2016 @ 3:18pm
Updated with actual review!