16,428 people found this review helpful
1,425
1,136
Posted: Jul 25, 2022 @ 6:34pm
Updated: Jul 25, 2022 @ 10:09pm

VRChat plans to add Easy Anti Cheat in the next update. What will it do for the game? Well let me show you:

What EAC will do for VRChat:
  • Lower framerates
  • Increase instability
  • Stop script kiddies
  • Stop "wholesome" mods, accessibility mods, and quality of life mods
  • Stop AMD FSR/RSR, Intel XeSS, Nvidia VRWorks SLI from improving your framerate
  • Stop select SteamVR mods that modify the game's runtime
  • Stop programs like AudioTeapot (audio manager/soundboard) from working
  • Stop Linux users from playing via proton (they claimed it wouldn't yet it does)
  • Stop Linux users from playing via Windows virtual machines
  • Lower the playerbase

What EAC will NOT do for VRChat:
  • Stop ripping (Avatar cache is still unprotected)
  • Stop crashing (Crasher avatars)
  • Stop all malicious mods (Those devs see this as a programming challenge)
  • Stop all malicious actors (There's other ways of being annoying)
  • Stop SDK modding
  • Stop user harassment (Stop claiming this!)
  • Close the security holes in VRC Udon
  • Improve the game experience

What EAC has done in the present/past:
  • Take routine snapshots of the user's desktop/video buffer
  • Scan all processes running on user's machines
  • Kill or try to kill all "unknown" or "untrusted" or "unregistered" running processes (including homemade processes)
  • Locate the files of "unknown" or "untrusted" or "unregistered" processes and upload them to Epic's servers
  • Scan the user's C:\Users\ folder and appdata folder
  • Stop users from launching the game if Windows fails to install/update itself "correctly" (google "easyanticheat UNEXPECTED-KERNEL-MODE-TRAP", though epic tries to censor this issue)
  • Stop device drivers that are "unknown" or "untrusted" or "unregistered" from running (including homemade drivers)

VRChat devs, I know you don't care because you're hiding all the complaint posts on the feedback canny and ignore everyone's requests to just add the QoL mod ideas into the game, but for the love of god don't add EAC and listen to your community's requests. It is not good for the innocent users, the "wholesome" modders, and the QoL modders. Don't get me wrong, I love the community and opportunities this game has provided to me, but this is just an awful move from the devs, even with me not caring for client mods. Also maybe consider change whoever is writing the blog posts, they're so super tone deaf.
Eeve2espeon Jan 6 @ 10:40pm
THIS... VERY MUCH THISSSSSSS.
I don't want this crap to ruin the game even more than it has been.
Joshument Jan 3 @ 11:12pm
yeah, how do we negative review bomb this again I beg
NaruKon Jan 2 @ 1:11am
@Dohen Tell me about it, it feels like the VRChat Devs are just waiting it out so people can forget that this whole situation existed in the first place.

It's disgusting-
Dohen Jan 1 @ 2:24pm
I really hate how this game has mostly positive reviews again, it should've stayed negative
Senk Dec 21, 2022 @ 2:24am
My pc has been sounding like a jet engine since this update released,
10/10 house smells like mcdonalds again
\/\/i̷͒̇do̷̊̾́w̶͖̮̓̚ Dec 4, 2022 @ 2:49pm
Not to mention they just stole all our mods and put them in the game with no credit XD. **** you vrchat devs
\/\/i̷͒̇do̷̊̾́w̶͖̮̓̚ Dec 4, 2022 @ 2:48pm
I hate this game now. Used to support creators, then they bent us all over and fucked us. CVR's getting better over time, they support us.
Link_jon Dec 1, 2022 @ 11:58am
truthfully... i never used to get crashed in VRC. i recently came back post eac update and ooo boy. i couldnt stay ingame longer than an hour at a time.
Zullfix Dec 1, 2022 @ 11:16am
Lmao. Exactly what I said; EAC only kills the QOL mods, malicious modders just see it as an opportunity
Awooochy (aka Destroyer720) Dec 1, 2022 @ 2:59am
I'm a crasher creator, and I have to say that my sellings just dupped after EAC update, thanks vrc, I just bought a bypass clients and I'm like always, now no one will be avoiding my crashers xd