Posted: Aug 22, 2020 @ 5:54pm
Updated: Aug 22, 2020 @ 5:59pm

Endless Escape is a dungeon-escape puzzle game with plenty of unfair traps and unnecessary deaths. The game looks pretty exciting and the trailer got me mentally prepared to be dying repeatedly because of potential challenges. What ended up happening is that it became an endless affair of treading lightly and dying in ways that seem completely avoidable. The way to get through is to memorize all of the trap-locations along the way and hope that things go well.

Fortunately there are several checkpoints along the way from the beginning to the end. There are 4 segments to the game, so three checkpoints are in place. There are places that you know how the traps work and where they are located, but a slight miss-step will still cost you a death and a reset. The checkpoints are not saves, so you are starting from the beginning every time you start up the game. It doesn't take long usually to get from the beginning or a checkpoint to where you were, but still, the mobile skeletons more somewhat randomly and occasionally are in places that are completely unavoidable. The other traps you can avoid just by being careful. The pressure-triggered spikes coming up from the ground are terrible, stepping in a corner of one triggers it and kills you without having any of the actual spikes hit you.

The biggest problem I have with the game is that once you learn the path, it's really not very interesting at all. What repeats is that you get to a unfamiliar area, you move around and die a few times trigger traps, and then you get to move on, and the same cycle repeats until you learn enough parts of the path to get through.

All you do is move in a top-down fixed-camera perspective that sometimes gets in the way.

You can move using the keyboard or using the joystick or the D-pad on a controller.

Low poly, not too exciting. The environment is rather limited.

Music & Sounds
Not much music, which is fine. The sound effects are rather limited as well.

It's fairly cheap for a game, but after playing for a while, you begin to realize that there's very limited substance to this game.

My First-Look Video

Conclusion
Endless Escape looked pretty interesting and I was excited to try it out. If I had purchased it, I would have refunded it by now, mainly because it gets rather boring before too long.

YQMaoski Sep 13, 2020 @ 11:27am
Thanks for the support. :-)
afrikaanse.nooi Sep 13, 2020 @ 1:40am
This here... is how a review should look like!! excellent review, will be following you! also how exciting you actually did a youtube about this game!!
FruitNDoggie Aug 23, 2020 @ 10:59am