Posted: Dec 5, 2020 @ 8:08pm

ISOLAND: The Amusement Park is another installment of the ISOLAND games by Cotton Game, who makes fun and short point & click games with solid puzzles and a unique art style. As usual, expect to have some strange-looking characters and puzzles and plenty of clues to guide you along the way.

There are not a lot of rooms to explore, perhaps about 20-25 total scenes, and there will always be some clues in the wall art or the displayed text associated with the individual pages to poke and prod you along in the right direction. Clues are spread across the map and it's fairly easy to navigate by the indicated arrows, with some areas locked off with puzzles, etc.

This game is interesting in that once you finish it for the first time, there are different puzzles for a second run. You will complete the game and go through the credits, get reloaded back to the menu screen, and if you continue, you will start the 2nd half of the game. There are fewer puzzles, and a lot of interactive items are the same, but overall the puzzles are more difficult. Still nothing too crazy, but definitely harder than the first set of puzzles. There are some new areas to explore also.

Even though this game is short, there's a lot of fun to be had by playing through. I think people who are point & click fans should definitely take a look at this game. Some of the clues were a bit vague and so I got stuck in a couple of different places and I asked a friend for help, but there's really nothing unreasonable.

Standard point & click style game where you move around the available rooms, find puzzles to solve with clues to help you along, unlocking new areas until you eventually make it to the end of the game.

Use the mouse.

Hand-drawn art with the developer's signature style, well done.

Music
There's not a lot of variety in the music, so that's a bit of weakness. There's a different tune to the game in the 2nd run through compared to the first.

I think most point & click fans will enjoy this game.

It's well priced at $2.99, it's easy for people to pick it up and play even at full price. The game took me about 3.5 hours to run through and to get to 100% on achievements (some missable but easily obtained going back to the same save).

Conclusion
ISOLAND: The Amusement Park is a fun and short point & click game that would be fun for any fan of the genre. While most of the puzzles are fairly straight forward if you know how to look for the clues, there are definitely a few that eluded me and were not so obvious. I do really like the art style, the puzzles, and also the overall size of these Isoland games, so I definitely think that if you are interested, you should pick up one of them to try out.
YQMaoski Dec 9, 2020 @ 8:20am
Thanks for reading! :-) I really enjoy the art style too.
AviaRa Dec 9, 2020 @ 2:41am
I really like the art style, as it reminds me of some drawings from my childhood's books.
Also: Controls : Use the mouse.
Heh, short but effective.
Thanks for the review!
YQMaoski Dec 6, 2020 @ 8:47am
The series isn't well known, but definitely well made. :golden:
cacrobia Dec 6, 2020 @ 8:46am
I like this games searching and prove objects is nice but i never heard this series
YQMaoski Dec 6, 2020 @ 7:11am
I completely understand, I have a similar thing with buying way more games than I need or have time to play. :cozyspaceengineersa:
delenn13 Dec 6, 2020 @ 7:07am
And of course this got added to my WL.... It's a sickness, I am telling ya...:2019smile:
YQMaoski Dec 6, 2020 @ 5:58am
Thanks for reading everyone!

@aquatorrent, all of these games made by Cotton Game are fairly short, but fortunately the price is befitting the game and the first game is cheapest at just $1. The puzzles are quite fun to play through.

@FruitNDoggie, I really like the art style myself. I understand about passing on games these days, I find myself deciding which games to pass instead of which ones to play a lot, just too many options.

@yoshirules, thank you!

@drugoja, I don't think they have been bundled at any point, I could be wrong though. You can always wait and see if the bundle containing the first two games come on sale or wait for individual sales. Hope you have a chance to try it out soon!
drugoja Dec 6, 2020 @ 3:51am
I haven't played anything by this developer, but I like the look. Might be nice to get in a bundle (if there's one). Thanks for reviewing it :)
yoshirules Dec 6, 2020 @ 12:37am
Fun game good review :)
FruitNDoggie Dec 5, 2020 @ 9:09pm
I'd probably pass it by, but it doesn't look bad.