Posted: Jan 4, 2020 @ 9:17pm
Updated: Jan 6, 2020 @ 9:54am

Nubla is a very short and simple platforming game with some basic point-n-click puzzles that really could be so much more. It's a bit too short, and the puzzles are a bit too simple for the game to be worthwhile for the general audience. Expect to take about an hour to get this game to 100% completion if you don't encounter any serious glitches.

Progress room to room and find out the way to exit. There are only a small handful of puzzles in this game and they are all really easy.

Keyboard or Controller. No mouse controls which is a huge oversight.

Good artwork, hand-painted and pretty to look at.

Music & Sounds
The music is pretty nice, though I felt that it got repetitive even in the short time the game was running. There was no way to turn the music on/off or to adjust volume/sound effects.

$5.99 base is a bit high, since there's not really any replay value and the game is really short. Though on the merits of the artwork, it may be worthwhile to some people, but not many.

Positives
+The artwork is really good in this game
+Easy 100% completion for people who care about getting achievements

Negatives
-It's a platfomer that doesn't need the platforming parts
-Too many glitches (I had posted the ones I found to the forums)
-Too short
-Narrative is relatively uninteresting
-No mouse controls (the game plays like a point-n-click without the ability to use the mouse to click)
-Puzzles too easy

My First-Look Video

Conclusion
Nubla just doesn't quite capture the audience to be worthwhile. For an adventure-type game, you should expect to have a good story/narrative, fun gameplay mechanic, mind-bending or at least thoughtful puzzles, among a few other things. This game seems more like a teaser and a demo that doesn't go deep enough in any of those categories to captivate the audience. I think the game aims to be somewhat educational in terms of art, but it really doesn't do a good enough job, because after playing through, I still don't know a lick of art more than I did before I started to play. It has good artwork, but that alone is not enough to make this game stand out.

YQMaoski Jan 5, 2020 @ 6:12am
You are welcome, I am glad I can help. :D
janner66 Jan 5, 2020 @ 5:28am
Thanks for the review. Maybe on a deep sale I would consider this.