Recent reviews by WolfStar9*

Hello Everyone,

Developer AsicxArt and Publisher SakuraGame have decided to reopen the story of the Fox Spirit Mori in their title “Fox Hime Zero”. Will this title measure up to the original, or will it simply be a pale representation of the original tale? Having finished the opening statement lets start this review.

Fox Hime Zero is a kinetic style romance visual that follows the story of Yan and Mori once more in this tale of romance and love. Contrary to what you might believe, Fox Hime Zero is neither a Prequal or Sequel to the original to the original story that was told in Fox Hime. This game is more of an alternate version of Mori and Yan’s story. In this rendition, is a student of natural history that was sent to the far-off mountains in order to conduct scientific research in a natural observation station. During his research, he runs across an injured fox that he helps to nurture back to health. Unbeknownst to him however, this random fox was actually a mystical young fox spirt. Gratefully to him for helping her, Mori vows to protect him from other dangerous predators that lurk deep in the forest. Thus, the tale of Mori and Yan is off to a fresh new start.

Like the first integration of this game, this story is a kinetic visual novel. This means that this is essential a visual story book instead of a choice driven experience like in many traditionally done visual novels. If the prospect of this does not interest you, then this is your time to leave. If this is something that does not bother you then, let’s continue this review.

On the game’s title screen players can chose to Start the Story, open Options, enter Gallery, or Exit the game. In this rendition of the game, Developer AsicxArt wanted to improve upon their original game and Fox Hime Zero does that in a variety of ways. The first most notable being that this game has 94 images compared to the original game that only had 19. The player still unlocks the assortment of Computer-Generated Images by making their way through the game’s story. In the game’s Options tab players can adjust the game’s Volume settings (Button Vol, BGM Vol, SE Vol, and Chara Voice (New feature that was not present in the first game). Display settings, and Text settings (Display Speed, and Display Speed (Auto)). In this game the resolution can go from 1024X576 to 2560X1440 (I’m proved from the 1920X1080 in first game) and the window can be changed from Fullscreen to Windowed. Under the Text settings players can also change the game’s language to Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, English Russian, and the new addition of Japanese. It is also worth noting that the game’s character voices are in Japanese.

At the start of this game’s story sequence, players will be presented with a text box that will be display the gam’s character dialog. From the text box, players will be able to access the game’s Auto Play function, Review previous text dialog, Save/Load the game, open the game’s Option settings, return to the game’s home screen, and Exit the game. The overall design of the text boxes in this game have been streamlined which does offer the player a smoother set of controls compared to the first game. In this rendering, there are a total of 253 pages of text dialog (increasing from 180 that was offered in the first game), which means that the game can be completed in around 3 – 5 hours depending on the reader’s proficiency. The game’s character models/ background environments are even more detailed, and this offers players an even more stunning visual performance than what was offered in the first game. The 2D animations are nicely presented and go along well with the game’s text dialog. This game operates with a mouse and from my experience, the responsiveness of the game’s controls worked rather well. The musical score still does complement the game nicely and can really help the player get engrossed into the story. The translations offered in this game are also an improvement compared to what was offered in the first game. The game’s story offers a somewhat stronger plot primus than what was offed in the first game.

In general, my experience in Fox Hime Zero was a significant improvement from what was offered in the first title. This does not mean that this game did not have any faults (some slight errors in text dialog, audio files had slight fading at times, and a few other small discrepancies. However, it was definitely noticeable that the game’s developers were trying to improve upon their initial offering, and I think they did in that regard. That does not take away from the experience that was offered in the first game, it just means that this game was more finely tuned. I would recommend that players try to play both titles if they have the opportunity to do so but if you could only choose one of them, I would suggest playing Fox Hime Zero over the original title. Unlike the coming of age story that was offered in the first game, this game focuses more on the development of a romantic relationships which give this story a deeper range of emotion. I would recommend this game to new commers that are interested in trying out a kinetic visual novel, readers that are looking for a nice romantic tale and to fans of the original game that wanted more of the world of Fox Hime. With all that aside. I am going to bring this review to a close. Thanks for reading and I hope that you found this review helpful.

Gaming to Experience New Worlds.
Hello Everyone,

Sometimes growing up can be hard because you have to realize when it is time to let go of childish dreams and in developer AsicxArt/ publisher SakuraGame’s title “Fox Hime”, players get the chance to experience that journey. It is time to put those dreams aside because it is review time.

Fox Hime is a kinetic style romance visual novel that follows Yan into his journey into adulthood. Yan is a college student that is living with this fox spirit garden Mori. Mori has been watching over Yan since he was a small child and his mother made a pray for the town’s local fox spirt to watch after him until he made it to adulthood. Mori decided to accept this prayer and start watching over Yan. Now that Yan is in college, he wants to find a girlfriend but believes that his chances are slim. One day, Yan runs into a girl named Liya and it is at this point when the game’s story really starts to take off.

Before I proceed any further, I think that it is important for me to reintegrate one of my previous points. As I have already mentioned, this game is a kinetic visual novel, which means that there are no altering routes and the player does not have any choices to make. This game operates similarly to a story book with moving visuals. If you are looking for a choice based visual novel, then stop here and look elsewhere but if you don’t mind then continue on in this review.

On the game’s opening screen, players are presented with the option to select Start, Config, CG Mode, and Exit. There are 19 Computer Generated Images that are in the CG tab of the game that can be unlocked as the player makes their way through this game’s story. Under the game’s config tab players can adjust the game’s Volume (Button Vol, BGM Vol, and SE Vol) Text (Typing, and Typing (Auto), and Display settings. In the display settings of this menu, players can adjust the game’s resolution from 1024 X 576 to 1920 X 1080 and change game window from windowed to Fullscreen. There is also a language setting that is in this section that allows players to play in English, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.
Upon starting the game’s story, players will read through a text box that is on the screen. On this text box players will be able to select Auto Play, Review Text, Save/Load Files, Config menu, and Exit. This visual Novel has a total of 180 pages of dialog, which means that this game could likely be completed in about 2-4 hours depending on the reader’s proficiency. The games character models/background environments of this game are well-drawn and nice to look at. The charter models are also animated, and they really do pop off the game’s background. There were several visual scenes in this game that look absolutely stunning and caused me a moment of pause to admire them. This audio in the game allowed for a quite tranquil experience that also worked well with several of the events that happened in the story. There were a few instances were the game’s audio momentarily faded but these instances were quickly corrected when the game proceeded to the next scene. The game is controlled by a mouse and the response time was rather responsive during my playthrough. One of this game’s weaker points is the translation at times but in general, there was nothing in the game that was not able to be clearly understood due to the game’s translation and these instances did not detract from the story that the game was trying to tell.

As a whole. Fox Hime told a very touching story that keep me rather entertained for a few hours, the visuals were nicely rendered, and rather enjoyable music. I would definitely recommend this game to players looking to sit back and read over a pleasant coming of age tale or to players that are interested in trying out a kinetic visual novel style of game. Now that I have said my piece, I think I will bring this review to a close. I hope you found this review helpful and I hope you are having a pleasant day.

Gaming because I can, What of it?
Hello Everyone,

There is nothing better than getting the chance to tell your childhood love your true feelings and in developer Nostalgia /publisher Sekai Project’s game “Creature Romances: Kokonoe Kokoro” you get that chance but with a peculiar twist. Your childhood love is part Grasshopper!?!? Will you allow love to guide you on this journey or will you let fear be your aid? With our introduction done, let the review commence.

Creature Romances: Kokonoe Kokoro is a romance visual novel that lets the player take control of Ichitarou Ichinose in his quest to confess his undying love for his childhood love Kokonoe Kokoro. Unlike Ichinose who is human, Kokoro is not only a human but also a grasshopper. However, that is not all, his sister is part bat, his best friend is part skeleton, and his teacher is just some form of creature. In a world with such an odd ensemble, it is no wonder why Ichinose seems out of his league in this spectacle of love.

The game’s opening title offers the player four options, Start, Load, Options and Exit. Under the options tab, players can adjust the game’s window size from Fullscreen to Windowed, and adjust the game’s Skip mode, Confirmation Dialog, Window Transparency, Message Speed, Auto Mod Wait Speed, BGM Volume, and Sound Effects volume setting. This game can be played in English, Japanese and Simplified Chinese. The language settings for this game are also under the options menu. In the loading and save menu, there are around fifty-six save slots for the game.

During game play, the player can only adjust setting from the game’s pause menu and not from the game’s text box. While players are on the pause menu they can Save, Load, Auto text, Skip text, enter the game’s Text Log, Options, return to the game’s Title screen and Exit the game. The game does offer voice acting and the voice actors of the game do relatively well in their performance. The musical score went along very nicely with the scenes that were presented in the game and had a smooth transition from one track to another. The in-game character models are done well but the backgrounds in the game are subpar. This game does not offer any extras such as Computer-Generated Images.

This game offers the player the one choice with three varying options. Clearly stated, this game has three routes. The player only needs to complete two of them to get all of the achievements in this game. The in-game text for the story’s narrative is quite juvenile with an ill developed plot to boot. The entire story could be completed in around 15 to 30 minutes with the only thing left to do after that is let the game run to collect all of the game’s card drops. This is by no means, what I would consider as a good game. Both the story narrative and the choice selection in the game are to weak. For me, a game needs to have a compelling narrative or good game play to keep me interested. What Creature Romances: Kokonoe Kokoro offers is mediocre at best. However, with that being said, I would not say that I can completely not recommend this game. This game was the first genuine visual novel style game that I played and if it wasn’t for this game, I likely would have not found myself entering the visual novel genre.

In short, Creature Romances: Kokonoe Kokoro was a just and overly average title that tried to main the title of average throughout the game’s incredibly short duration. However, I find that this game would be a decent starting point for players that are apprehensive about coming into this genre due to time constraints, excessive text, and lack of traditional gameplay. This game gives players that are unfamiliar with and don’t want to waste time figuring out if they are interested in the genre a chance to test the waters. I would not recommend this game if you are familiar with visual novels (due to you being incredibly disappointed with the shear lack of development that this game has to offer), and that are unfamiliar with visual novels but are willing to invest a little bit more time into the genre to get a better field of what it has to offer. It is worth noting that by a little bit more time, I mean around 3-5 hours of gameplay (i.e. reading). If you fall into one of these two categories then give this game a pass because there are much better visual novels out there and trust me, they are worth your time. However, if you just want to take a quick gleam at this genre to see how it measures up in your book then give this game a shot.

Now that we have finished with that, I think we can close this review. I hope you found this review helpful and hopefully, you are having a nice day.

Game with Commitment!
Hello Everyone,

It is time for us to enter the second circle of hell as we try to climb our way out of Developer Atlus’s nightmare riddled hell-verse of “Catherine Classic”. Will we be able to climb to our salvation or fall into a pit of endless turmoil? With our pleasantries out of the way, let’s get started.

In the words of Rin “I want to share my happiness with you”.

Catherin Classic is a Horror, Platforming, Puzzle game where you control Vincent a poorly paid computer programmer that is struggling to see the direction that he wants to go in life. He is currently in a relationship with Katherine his loyal and steadfast girlfriend. She is hoping to advance her relationship with Vincent and enter the arena of Holy Matrimony side by side. However, Vincent is not sure that he wants to go down this road and fears where this next big step in their relationship will take them. His position becomes even more complicated once he runs into the Oh-So-Tempting allure of the lustful Catherine who does not believe in falling into the strings of Marital commitment, but rather acting upon spur of the moment wants/desires. Meanwhile, there have been a recent slew of unexplained deaths that are rumoured to be the result of a vengeful sorceress that is cleansing Japan of any man that decides to walk down the path of indecisiveness. Thus, Vincent is thrown into a series of seemingly endless nightmares that if he happens to die in, with permanently end his existence.

On the opening screen of this game, players are presented with three tabs which include Golden Theatre, Babel, and Configuration. The Golden Theatre throws players right into the game’s Main Story, Babel give the player the option to test their skills in a single or Cooperative experience, and Configuration allows players to adjust the game’s various in game settings. Under the game’s configurations tab, players are presented with five sub-tabs which include Display, Graphics, Audio Game, and Input. Under the Display tab, players can view/adjust their Adapter (Graphics Card), adjust the game’s resolution (from 640 X 480 to 1920 X 1080), Display modes (Borderless, Windowed, and Fullscreen), and can turn the game’s Vsync settings On/Off. Under the Graphics tab players can adjust the game’s Depth of Field, Bloom, Blur and Anti-Aliasing with On/Off settings. In the Audio tab players can select their Audio Device, and adjust their Master, Sound FX, Music, Dialogue, Cinematic, and Environment volume settings. From the Game tab, players can adjust vibration, Invert camera X, Invert Camera Y, Pad Sensitivity, Mouse Sensitivity, Cinematic Language, and subtitles. The game’s language setting can be in both Japanese or English but the game’s subtitles are only available in English. Last, the Input settings tab players can adjust their keyboard and mouse controls as well as the controls for a game pad controller. Both control methods are smooth, and I find it nice to have the option to work with one or the other.

The Game’s Babel mode can only be accessed once the player receives a gold ranking on the required stage on normal or higher difficulty so it is safe to say that you will likely not play that mode until you complete the game’s main story (trust me, it is going to take some practice before you get this mode up and running). Once this mode is unlocked, the player will be able to play through four stages in rapid succession until they reach the tower’s top.

Once the player begins The Golden Theatre, they are fully embarking on the story of the game. This game has three game difficulties which include Easy, Normal, and Hard. Easy mode is made for you to enjoy the events of the story unfold, Normal is made to give players a more engaging/entertaining gameplay experience, and Hard mode is made to be a hellacious ordeal that puts your puzzle solving abilities to the test. Regardless of the difficulty level that you choose, you are likely going to run into some level of difficulty playing on each. Fair reminder, this is not an easy game, it is actually quite difficult. If you are willing to fight your way through a series of elaborate climbing-based puzzles then you rewarded with the satisfaction that you have the skills to pay the bills. This game is not for the faint of heart and if that is you, then drop out now.

In regard to actual gameplay, Typically, players are presented with a series of in game scenes until they are offered the chance to make Positive or Negative Karma related decisions that will have an effect on the events in the game’s story. This game’s gameplay can be divided up into four sections (The Bar, The Nightmare waiting floor, The Main Nightmare Puzzles, and a Rapunzel style arcade game. Three of these sections are main sections in this game and the other is a style of practice/minigame. In the bar setting of the game, Vincent can interact with his friends and random people that you meet throughout the game. During these meetings, you can give people advice, get incite into what is going on in the world, and receive power ups that can help you improve your odds in the game’s main puzzle challenges. Remember this is a decision-based game that can drastic consequences on the route that this story takes. While you are in this section of the game, you will receive calls from both Katherine (your girlfriend) and Catherine (the tempting temptress). You will have the option to answer or ignore them as they come in. It is also in this area that you have the option to save your game progress through your cell phone menu and to also play the minigame Rapunzel at the arcade machine. Once you leave the Bar area, you will return home to experience your new night’s terrifying array of dreams.

The dream portion of the game is were the puzzle element begins to kick in. In each nightmare, the player’s main goal is to get Vincent to climb to the top of the tower by avoiding obstacles, pulling and shifting square blocks in order to make a path and to avoid the murders nightmare sheep who wish to take you to your DOOM! Each night of puzzles have roughly three to four stages with the final stage of the night being a boss stage where Vincent has to try and escape that night’s nightmare creature without getting killed. As you progress through these levels, you will come across various power ups that you can use to help make your scale to the top a little easier. You can only hold one power up at a time so use them carefully. Once you make it through a stage you receive a specific amount of points based on your performance. The faster you go the more points you receive. In between certain stages the players have a nightmare waiting area where they can walk around and talk to the various sheep in order to positively or negatively affect your Karma gauge. It is also in this waiting area that you can save your game progress and also talk to the possible mastermind behind these dreams of endless torment. Once the player escapes from a night’s boss, they are sent back to the world of the living to experience the rest of the game’s story.

This game could easily take 50 plus hours to fully complete, but the game’s main story can likely be completed within 15 – 25 hours depending on the players level of skill. The games visuals are nicely presented, and the cinematic scenes are done in a quality that you would find in a good anime. The musical score amplifies the game’s experience and the game’s story is rather griping. I would recommend this game to players who are looking for a challenging/difficult puzzle game experience but are also interesting is watching a good story unfold. This game has a unique style of gameplay that I haven’t really seen in other games and the game’s mechanics really meld well with this game’s experience. Now that all of that has been said I will have to live you with an adieu.

Live to Game another day.
Posted December 2, 2019. Last edited December 12, 2019.
Hello Everyone,

I have inevitably gotten a “Bad End” in developer Arai Koh Create Office’s game “Bad End”. The Cursed Shadow is upon me and these are my final moments before I am snuffed out. Hopefully, these final words will help you survive longer than I did.

In the words of Yuuji, “It is to late to stop now!”.

Bad End is a Horror themed Visual Novel that follows the life of Kyuuhei as he struggles to find the truth behind his best friends mysterious passing. The game starts off with Kyuuhei living out his life as a normal high school student, at least, that was until his best friend Yuuji decided that you wanted to try his hand at a infamous visual novel, known as “Bad End”. In the game, it is rumoured that if the player dies in the game, then they will also die in real life. Kyuuhei was sceptical about believing this rumour until his friend Yuuji mysteriously dies the next day. Doctors believe that his death occurred as a result of an unexpected illness. However, Kyuuhei believes that his friend may have died as a result of receiving a Bad End in the game “Bad End”. To test this theory, Kyuuhei decides to play the game for himself in order to find any clues that may lead him to the reason behind his friend’s untimely demise.

The game operates in a traditional visual novel fashion, with the player having to read through a series of dialog and then being prompted to make various decisions that can have an impact on the game’s story. In this game players can experience a total of 14 different paths and as the game implies the majority of these endings are meant for players to receive a “Bad Ending”. However, there is also a rumour that it is possible to get a “Good Ending” in this game but at this time no one has survived long enough to find out. The paths that this game offer do tend to go from bad to worse pretty quickly but it can be interesting seeing where the story is going to go. Players should be able to beat this game within five hours or less, depending on reading speed/proficiency of the player.

The game functions by the use of a mouse and the controls have been responsive. It is worth noting that if you play this game on the smart phone app, the games controls will be touch screen. However, I did not find any other significant differences (other than the PC having Achievements and Smart Phone version does not) between the smartphone version of the game and the PC version. This game was first released as a smartphone app and was eventually ported to PC.

While the player progresses through the novel, they can view the novel’s text box, stage backgrounds and character images. The game does have options for Saving, Loading, Skipping, Auto Play, and Text History; however, these functions can only be accessed when pausing the game. This is rather unfortunate considering the game’s game play would have been smoother if these functions were just attached to the story’s text box. On the game’s pause menu, players can also view Achievements, Manual and Options tabs. The game’s setting tab is rather simplistic with options to only Slow/Speed Up text speed, increase/shorten Auto wait time, Skip settings, Volume up/down, and settings to have either full or windowed screen.

The text on the main menu’s text screen has a unique design but that does not translate to the game’s story text boxes. The background environments are rather forgettable and provide nothing stunning. The character sprits in the game have more detail than the background environment and look pretty decent in game scenes. The character sprits are not animated but do transition frequently enough that the characters do not feel lifeless. The game’s sound track is nice to listen to as you go through the game and did not detract from gameplay. For the majority of my gameplay, I did not run into any issues other than the game’s text randomly skipping scenes in the game. This is something that the developers said they intend to fix in a future update but for the time being it is possible that this glitch could occur during gameplay. It happened to me three times during my playthrough.

With all that said, I have to say that I really enjoyed playing my way through “Bad End”. The game does have some minor discrepancies, but it still does have a rather interesting narrative. Regardless of the game being classified as a “Horror Visual Novel”, I would not say that I found it all that frightening. I would recommend this game to gamers that enjoy playing visual novel style games, are looking for a odd story, or to users that just want to try and see if they would be interested in the visual novel genre.

Now with that said, I think we can bring this review to a close. I hope you found this review helpful and hope you are having a nice day.

Game Without Limits
Posted December 2, 2019. Last edited December 2, 2019.
Hello Everyone,

The Cows are coming to destroy all humans in Martin Eriksson’s game Cowballs2.

Cowballs2 is a adaptation of the iconic juggernaut of an arcade game “Breakout” which was both published and developed by Atari. In this rendition of the game however, the balls have taken the shape of cows that been transformed into Mad Cows in the shape of a ball. These Mad Cows are angry and they only way that they know how to take out their anger is by destroying your city. In this game it is up to the player to deflect these Mad Rolling Cows into a field of blocks that surround your city. Once the cows have crashed into all the blocks, the cow’s energy will be depleted, and the player’s town will be saved.

The game starts the player off by first starting up the game launcher. On the launcher screen the player can Start the game, view the game’s option menu, player High Score, Cow Progress (in game Achievements), Support, and Exit the game. At the moment the game’s High Score and Support tabs in the game’s Launcher are under construction but everything else appears to be operational. Under the game’s option menu, players can turn on Cheating (which allows the player to play any game difficulty prior to betting the previous difficulty in the game as well as acquire a varying amount of skill points at the beginning of the game.), Helptext (in game guidance), Helptext Timer, adjust Graphics (this setting has Basic, Low, High, Super High, Incredibly High, and Super Computer Graphical settings) Music (this option has tree song tracks (Synth Soul, SpaceWipe3, and Slow Jam), Music Volume, and Sound FX. This game has a decent selection of in game achievements with around 22 achievements.
Once the player presses start on the game’s launch menu, the real fun begins. At the start of a level the player starts with a full bar of health for the city that they are trying to defend. The player then has to catch the cow shaped item drop in order to start the level. At this point, it is the player’s job to then keep the mad cows from hitting the city by blocking them with your moving barrier. As the player is hitting blocks on the screen various powerups/power downs/ point boost will fall from random blocks. An example of this is one powerup that can increase the size of the player’s movable barrier but there is also a power down that gives the player an extremally small movable barrier to defend the town. Once all the blocks in the level are cleared, the player will receive a tally of all the points that they earned which will then calculate in to the score that they received for that level. After the tally is done, the player is taken to the in-game skill tree, which allows players to upgrade specific abilities with the skill points that they collect. For completing a level, the player receives one skill point and this point can go toward any one of the game’s 53 skill upgrades. Each skill only has one skill point, so the player should be able to acquire all the game’s skill once they clear through at least 53 in game levels. This element of the game reminds me of an RPG upgrade system which I feel adds additional value to the game’s overall gameplay. In the early levels of the game (first 2 to 3) the player will not have full access to the game’s skill tree list. It is not until level three, that the player will be able to see the games full skill tree.

As you progress through the levels, the cows start to become more relentless in their assault on your town and start to increase in the speed that they bounce around the screen. Along this this, the mother cow will start to release flaming ball shaped cows onto the screen that can cause an increased level of damage in the game. This game’s difficulties are unlocked after the player completes all the game’s levels on a particular difficulty. At the start of the game the player has access to the easy and normal difficulties. In order to unlock the other five difficulties in the game the player will have to complete the game on normal difficulty and then continue to do so with the games higher levels of difficulties once unlocked.

The game’s controls are through only mouse but do appear to be rather responsive throughout the course of the game. I would like for there to eventually be some form of support for keyboard game play or controller game play; however, at this point in time the player can only operate the game with their mouse. The in-game music tracks are rather engrossing and go well with progressing through the game’s gameplay. Once the player presses start in the game’s launch window, there is no way to modify that game’s experience once it is loaded. If the player wants to change any of the game’s settings, then they would have to close that game session and start a new one in the game’s launcher. Due to the game’s structure in regard to it’s level difficulty system, score mechanic, and RPG levelling system, players could probably put fifty hours into this game and still have a decent amount of things to do in the game.

All in all, when I started the game, I did not know what to fully expect with the name MadCowBalls2 but after have the chance to play it, I am glad that I did. This game is by no means perfect, but it still does offer a significant degree of content that will certainly entertain players. With that being said there are a few things that I would like to express before closing this review. To begin, the game does not currently have the option to save your progress as you make it through the game. This essentially relegates you to having to completely finish all the levels in a difficulty in one sitting. Another thing that I would have liked is if I know what items I was hitting in a block prior to breaking it. I find that this would help the player to come up with strategies on how to complete certain levels. It would also be nice if both the game launch window and game window, could be in one task instead of two. There also needs to be some way to adjust the game setting while in the progress of playing the game. Those are basically my main grievances with this title.

This game is still clearly receiving support from the game’s developer and it seems like this game should receive a decent amount of updates over this game’s life cycle. If the game continues to follow the path that it is currently going on, I am sure that it could eventually turn into a resounding success.

As I stated at the beginning of this review, this game is another adaptation of the original arcade classic “Brakeout”. Unlike some other renditions of this game, this one is actually executed rather well and quite frankly, if I had not received this game as a review copy, I would have been willing to pay full price for this game, which is something that is actually quite rare for me. If you are simply a gamer that wants Brakeout-eque style arcade game on the PC, then I would say that this game has you covered. Whether you are a hard-core player that wants to dominate every level on game at the max difficulty, or if you are just a casual player that enjoys a nice/calm gameplay, this game appears to have a variety of gameplay options that would be suitable for you. At its core, this game was made to appeal to gamers that are interested in arcade style gameplay, if this style of gaming suits your fancy, then give this game a try. I am sure that you won’t regret it.

Alright everyone, I think that brings another review to a close. I appreciate everyone who took the time to read this review and I hope you found it helpful. I would also like to also thank Martin Eriksson for giving me the opportunity to write this review.

With all that said, Game to Your Hearts Content Everyone!!!!
Posted November 14, 2019. Last edited November 14, 2019.
Hello Everyone,

I missed my chance to get into heaven and it looks like all hope is lost. However, god has decided to take pity on me in publishers tinyBuild game Rapture Rejects. Will this game offer me salvation or was I fooled into believe that there was hope after it was time for my demise?
With our Introduction out of the way, lets get this review started shall we?

Rapture Rejects is a post-apocalyptic, top-down, survival, battle royale, multiplayer, shooter game where the player is in a fight to be the last main standing. The game’s narrative is rather straight forward; The rapture has recently passed but you and the remaining people on earth were left behind for eternal damnation. Taking pity on the people who remain, god decides to give the remaining survivors one last chance to get into heaven by giving them the opportunity to claim a golden ticket. There is only one golden ticket available, so the remaining survivors have to engage in an all out death match to get their hands on their last opportunity to get into heaven. This is essentially the story narrative the game was provided with and also what actually convinced me to purchase this title.

During the game’s initial start up the player is told the story about what they are expected to do in order to survive in this world. After that, the player is then presented with a character creation screen where they can commence creating their character. Under the character creation screen players can customize their character’s skin colour (15 options), Body (3 options), Hair colour (15 options), Hairstyles (41 options), Facial Hairstyles (30 options) and voice (2 options). In this section the player could also select for their character to have a scrotum, breast, or both. From there the player can then select their character’s outfit (11 options), Outfit colour (20 options), hat (9 options), hat colour (11 options), and eyewear (14 options). The player also has the option to buy additional outfits, hats, eyewear, hairstyles, body, and facial Hairstyles from the store using gold tickets.

Players can collect gold tickets either by paying for them with real world money or by winning battle matches. Now the paying for in game items is a concept that I am not fond of but it is something that is customary in Mass Multiplayer games. There are two styles of battles that the player can participate in, which are, god’s plan B Solos and gods plan B Duos. As the name implies, you can either play on your own or in a group of two.

Now I typically do not like to completely not recommend a game. Even if the game is something that I personally do not care for, it does not mean that there is not a group of gamers that would find the game enjoyable but there are some very rare instances where I can definitively state that I would not recommend, this is one of those rare instances. With all of that being said let’s get into the main reason why I can not recommend that anyone purchases this game. That reason being gameplay or lack thereof.

After making my character (which did not take very long), I attempted to jump into both of the currently offered game lobbies, hoping that I would actually be able to play a game, which is also the reason why people tend to buy games. However, after waiting for several hours in each mode to find a match, I was still never able to find one. This was my third attempt trying to play this game and this is my third time striking out. My first time of attempting to play this game was on a Friday evening during the game’s first few weeks. I tried it again or a Saturday evening about two months later. This third attempt is Midday on a Saturday and still nothing. It is also important to note that this third attempt is almost a full year after the game’s original launch. Yes, at the time of this review this game is still under Early Access but that is no excuse for the game not to be playable. It has been log enough that the developers or publisher should have done something to try and make this game survive, even if that was add a single player campaign, a local player coop mode, or simply just a training mode with some computer AIs because the severs are virtually a baron wasteland. There are plenty of Early Access games that may have issues but are at least playable or are actively being improved to enhance the game’s gameplay.

I love the game’s musical score on the game’s opening screen and as I shift through the game menus. This game does offer full screen support and has a max resolution of 1929X1020 with 75Hz refresh rate. The game appears to have partial control support as I navigate through game menus but for the best performance it appears you would have to work with a keyboard and mouse. In the main menus the games controls are rather responsive but I can only assume that they would be just as responsive during game play since I was not able to participate in a single match on a Saturday after about 10 hours of waiting. I know that there have been some people who have been able to play the game because there are scores recorded on the game’s leaderboards but for the game to have so little activity over the weekend is utterly appalling to me.

This is rather disappointing considering how much I tend to enjoy some of tinyBuild’s other titles but if the game’s developer/publisher is not going to take the time to ensure that a game is even playable then why should you waste your time as the player’s. This game has the potential to be a decent game but as things stand now, I can’t say it looks like there is much hope for this game. So I would recommend that you save your money and buy another game that actually has developer/publisher support.

I also think that it is worth noting that, I would be happy to do an edit/update of this review because it is very hard for me to completely not recommend a game. So if this games server problems are fixed, or if there is an update for the game that allows for single player, local coop, or some kind of other playable support then I would be happy to amend this review. However, until that time this review will just have to be a unpleasant stain in both your and my memories.

With all that said, I think we can conclude this abysmal review for this poorly conserved game.
I would like to thank everyone who has read this review and I hope you found it helpful.
Game Till it Hurts my friends.
Posted November 9, 2019. Last edited November 9, 2019.
Hello Everyone,

Looking back fondly on my youth, I decided to play one of the earlies titles in my memory. That title is one of Namco’s biggest Digging Juggernaut’s Dig Dug from the Bandai Namco Arcade Game Series. With our introductions out of the way let’s start this party.
Arcade Game Series: Dig Dug is a Steam adaptation of the original arcade cabinet of Dig Dug that was released by Namco in 1982. For those of you unfamiliar with this franchise, Dig Dug is a 2D style digging simulator where the players goal is to clear a series of levels with the highest scores that they can possibly get. In order to make score, players have to destroy enemy’s, collect hidden vegetables/fruit that appear on levels, or simply dig thought the bricks that is on the various stages.

The game play is varying similar to the Atari adaptation that was localized in Europe and North America in late 1982. Like the old game, players can play through a series of levels and work on improving their score. However, this Steam adaptation also allows players to save their progress, select specific stages, set the amount of lives that they have, place a point number for extra lives, steam achievements, and a global leaderboard was added.
Under the game’s options menu, players can expect the ability to access the Settings, How To Play, Rankings, Credits, Return to Top Menu, Quit Game, and Back selections on the main options menu.

Under the Settings menu the player can adjust the Display, Sound, Controls, and Game Settings. The display setting allows players to adjust the screen size, position, and window size. The player can also adjust the game’s scanline, zoom in/out, screen rotation in this section. Unfortunately, the player does not have the option to have the game take up their full display. This essentially means that players are stuck with the traditional arcade cabinet boards around the game screen which takes up a significant amount of the screen. However the game does give you the option to switch between a few different arcade cabinet boarders in this section as well.

In the sound section you can adjust the games audio Sound Quality, Reverb Length, Reverb Depth, Attract Sound, and preform a Sound Test. The game’s controller panel allows you to invert the game’s controls. From the Game Settings section, the player can change the option to select rounds on/off, set their starting lives (from 1 to 5), set the point requirements for extra lives to populate (the options in this section vary based on the amount of starting lives the player chooses), set whether they are playing under a slightly updated art style or in the original fashion, preform a Self-Test Screen, and Reset their High Scores if they so choose (I find it really nice that the game gives this option because it allows me to clear some names that I may not want on my personal leaderboard).

The How to Play section on the settings menu tells you the game’s basic macanics. Under the Rankings tab, you have three sections that you can view; The all time Global Highscore, Your Personal Highscores, and the Highscores of your friends if they also own/played this game.
In regard to the game’s general gameplay, the player starts on the first stage with four enemies that are mildly aggressive. As the player continues through the game, the numbers of enemies begins to increase as well as their level of aggression. In order for a player to clear a stage, they have to either defeat all the enemies on that stage or defeat all but one enemy on the stage. The last remaining enemy while then retreat out of the top left hand corner of the screen.

The game works with either a keyboard or a controller. During my playthroughs, the game controller seemed slightly more responsive in movement compared to the keyboard. This became more noticeable on some of the higher levels of the game where margins for error was a lot lower. The games sound files stayed true to the original sound rifts that I heard on the original release of this game and the games overall visuals were more clearly defined than what I remember from the games original release.

At the end of the day this is an adaptation of Dig Dug that does what it is supposed to do and that is stay true to the original game’s gameplay. There were clearly some well welcomed updates to the game (Save files, stage select, etc) but the game’s overall experience was not compromised, which is something that can be quite rare to find in remasters. If you were looking at this game wondering if it was going to be the Dig Dug that you know and love then, feel assured that this game is going to offer you what you are looking for. If you have never played Dig Dug before, have an interest in scoreboard games, like to strategies, or want a game that you can pick up and play at a moment’s notice, then give this game a shot. I’m sure you will not regret it.

With all of that out of the way, I think this review can come to a close. I hope that you found this review helpful and hopefully, you are having a nice day.

Game Till You Can’t Game Anymore!
Posted November 8, 2019. Last edited November 8, 2019.
Hello Everyone,

In this review we are entering a world of Absurdity, Madness and Intrigue in one of Telltale Games lesser known titles, “Puzzle Agent”. Let this mystery begin.

Puzzle Agent is Story driven Puzzle Adventure game. Unlike some of Telltale’s better know titles this game does not give the player a series of chooses, which allows them to progress further in the adventure. In this game the player follows the story of Nelson Tethers, who is a special Agent from the U.S. Department of Puzzle Research that is sent on a secret mission to find out why the Scoggins Eraser Company stopped producing erasers for the President of the United States. Once Agent Tethers makes it to Scoggins he is greet by a series of suspicious characters that all seem to be hiding some rather prevalent information about the mishap that occurred at the Scoggins eraser factor. With the government’s special Puzzle division on the case, many of the towns people start to even more leery about the sudden murders and disappearances that have begun to pledge the town. There are even some townsfolk that believe that this was all do by the town’s gnomes.

At the beginning of the game, the player is introduced to an opening puzzle and once the puzzle is completed, the game’s story can continue. The game has around 34 Levels that begin to progressively increase in difficulty as the player makes it though various stages of the game. During the puzzles, players are scored based on the amount of stars (Max number of Stars per level 10, Lowest is 1) they are able to collect and this is judged by three factors. The first being the numbers of attempts that the player makes in order to complete a puzzle. The second is determined by if the player uses hints during their gameplay. The final point of assessment is if the player can successfully finish a puzzle.

As you progress through the game, the player will encounter a series of puzzles ranging from reconstructing images, route construction, Word Problems, Riddles, Scene Replication, and Mathematic Calculations. One a puzzle is completed the player will slowly unravel the mysteries behind Scoggins Minnesota. During the transition between scene segments, players can collect used wads of gum that can help give them up to three hints in solving each of the game’s puzzles.

At times the in-game music is almost eerie in nature and works well with the various location transitions that occur throughout the course of the game. In general, the music works well in this comical mystery puzzle exploration game. The games controls function with a mouse and are rather response. The in-game menus are rather simplistic in nature with there only being three options for the game’s settings menu (Music, Volume, and Sound) and the game’s voice audio is only in English. This game is relatively short with full game completion being possible in around 4-5 hours.

In the end, Puzzle Agent is a fun mystery style puzzle game that is full of some rather interesting and unexpected surprises along the way. During my play though I was invested in the game’s story and was rather entertained throughout the journey. I would recommend this game to gamers that are interested in puzzle games, people looking to play though an odd/amusing mystery story as it unfolds, and gamers that want a game that they can pickup/play/finish within a few hours of play.

Now with that, we can conclude this review. I hope that you found this review helpful.
To Gaming and Beyond!
Posted October 28, 2019. Last edited October 28, 2019.
Hello Everyone,

Today I received a letter from my dear old Granddad and come to find out, I just inherited our family farm in his home town of Stardew Valley due to my Grandfather’s unexpected passing. To honour his passing, developer’s ConcernedApe’s illustrious farming simulator is under review. With our introductions out of the way, let the review commence.

On it’s surface, Stardew Valley is a farming simulator but after having the chance to play the game, I have found out that this game was more than it initially seemed. At the start of the game’s story, the player is working in a stark mass-produced cubical at a generical company where they feel unfulfilled. One day, you receive a letter from your grandfather stating that you just inherited his farm in the illustrious town of Stardew Valley due to his untimely demise. In the letter he implores you to escape the chains of the mundane corporate work that you are currently a captive to and explore the wonderful bounty of adventure that life has to offer. After some relatively deep contemplation, you decide to uproot your life and follow the scene of adventure that Stardew Valley has to offer. Thus, your story as a world renown farmer begins.
When you start the main gameplay, the player is presented with an option to create the basic environment of the game. This includes character creation, animal preference, and type of farm land. During the character creation option, the player can give their player a name, list their character’s favourite thing, change their character’s gender, skin colour (24 options), hair (32 options), shirt (112 options), and accessories (20 option). The player also has the option to change their character’s eye colour, hair colour, and pants colour through a colour wheel. If you are unable to decide the exact look of your character the game also offer a random character customization button that cycles through the game’s various options.

As far as the type of farm land, the game offers five environmental options that each offer some form of additional benefit depending on the player’s style of gameplay. The first option is the Standard farm, which gives the player a simple plot of land that offers the player ample space to design their farm layout in the matter that they see fit. The second layout is the Riverland Farm, in this type of farm the player’s land is divided into several islands with several riverbanks spread throughout. On this type of farm, the player has an increased concentration of fish that they can catch. In the third option the player can choose a Forest Farm. With this farm the player has limited farming plots but is allowed to collect items from the forest area at the start of the game. The fourth environment is the Hill-top farm. This style of farm is divided into several different sections based on terrain elevation. This farm layout allows the player to fish and mine for materials while staying on their farm land. The final farm layout option is the Wilderness Farm setup. This layout is similar to the Standard farm but with the added addition of monsters that come out to attack you at dusk. The style of farm that the player decided to choose will depend heavily on the type of play style that they intend to pursue during their game play.

Once this selection process is complete the player will then be placed into their new home. During the early game, the player will likely have to start out by farming in order to acquire enough capital to really start exploring what the game has to offer, which is where this game’s fun truly lies. The game gives the player the option to develop a total of five skills (Farming, Mining, Foraging, Fishing, and Combat). Each of these skills can be leveled up to level ten and once the player reaches level 5 & 10, they will have the option to choose among two varying professions that can boost specific areas of gameplay depending on the choice. For example, Rancher or Tiller is the choice that is offered once you reach level five farming. The Rancher gains the benefit of having their animals produce 20% more, whereas the Tiller’s crops are worth 10% more than usual when sold. In total there are 20 profession routes that are available, with two routes being able to be picked for each skill for each character that is created.

After you are able to acquire enough resources you can attempt to conquer all 120 levels of the mines and then test your luck at the endless skeleton minds to see how long you survive. You could try to go on quest where you are either trying to find a specific item or destroy a certain amount of enemies. There is also the option to test your hand as a fisherman to find out the rare creatures that you may find. Then there is always the option to either build up the your community by helping to repair the towns community center or you could help Jojo Mart expand their retail store in order to gain complete control over the town of Stardew Valley. The game even gives you the option to build up your house so you can start a family. What every you decide, you will likely be able to find something to do as you live your days in this town.
As you are collecting items in the game you will be able to craft different objects that can help you to further increase your in-game profits such as sewing wheels, kegs, cheese maker, flour mill, and a wine aging cellar just to name a few. Your character can even work on improving their cooking skills as they collect recipes over the course of the game.

The dating mechanic in this game functions by giving a specific character an item that they like or dislike. There are twelve characters that you can marry in the game (6 boys and 6 girls) and 10 characters that you cannot (totalling 22 Characters). Regardless of if a character is able to be married or not, they all still have relationship hearts that can be filled. Once these hearts are filled up to a certain level special in game cut scene can commence after a specific set of conditions are met. After characters start to get a higher heart rating with you they will send you gifts such as crops, money, or cooking recipes.

The game’s controls are rather intuitive whether you are playing with a controller or with a keyboard and mouse. The in-game music can be tranquil but can be turned off for alternative audio options, which is nice. This game does offer a four player online multiplayer experience where you can work with friends to see how much you can expand your farm in a team focused environment.

As a whole, I would say that Stardew Valley is a rather enjoyable experience with enough content for players to sink a few hundred hours into. I would recommend this game to players that are looking for an interesting perspective on the farming game genre, a game where you could easily lose several hours at a time, or just a game that you can pick up and relax.
With that, this review can come to a close. I hope you found this review helpful and I hope you are having a nice day.

Keep on Gaming On.
Posted October 18, 2019. Last edited October 18, 2019.