Posted: Feb 18, 2018 @ 8:17pm
Updated: Mar 4, 2018 @ 6:25pm

MG SurFive is almost exactly like MG Online, now featuring a fairly obfuscated, but what may eventually be streamlined items and weapons crafting system, ie: a really great idea. However, the beginning of that statement is the core issue, here: that is, taking a barely re-skinned MGO and issuing it for .003759 Bitcoins (as of 2-18-2018) smacks directly of Konami bigwigs attempting to recoup their sunken cost of building the Fox Engine, an opportunity which they summarily flushed by canning the Mad King Hideo Kojima before he was finished with MGSV.

Clearly not making sufficient returns with MGSV sales and MGO microtransactions, Konami is back a decade too late and one visionary too short with a near full priced, rather oddly backdropped, alternate-timelined Metal Gear version of Left 4 Dead with a focus on Tower Defense. I have been both visually and audibly scoffing at the idea since E3 2017, but to my chagrin, the beta reveals a hint of promise. However, to Konami's own chagrin, I won't be able to afford the full release price because I lost a good chunk of cash at one of their “Silent Hills Playable Trailer” Pa♥♥♥♥♥o machines last week.

Update 2-19-2018
The servers are incidentally under maintenance during the last evening of the beta. That's a problem, because I actually wanted to play it even more after writing my review as to underscore my cognitive bias in it's favor; but now I cannot.
So... never mind; do not buy MGSFiver until the Steam reviews show a reflective sheen of something remotely positive, or pay to be a beta tester. What I'm saying is, is that the power is yours, young Planeteer.

Update 2-22-2018
The Tower of Babel Steam Curation, Standards & Practices Division has requested that I apologize for my use of the word “Pa♥♥♥♥♥o” in the initial print of my review for the Metal Gear SurViva Las Vegas Beta. I understand that Konami is recovering from a sordid history with those filthy, unscrupulous and mathematically adept ♥♥♥♥♥s (universally understood slang for “Pa♥♥♥♥♥o”), announced their departure from a decades long stint in video games towards an Olympic Diving Rip into the Japanese gambling market with the Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater ♥♥♥♥♥ only months after cancelling Silent Hills and one month before MGSV would be shipped at full retail price despite being bereft of a final act, all seemingly because they had made the strikingly odd decision to obliterate their only remaining visionary/cash-cow games direction team.

I should have taken this sensitive information into account, which would have assuredly lead to a more informative and less distracting review; I appreciate this opportunity to mend any ♥♥♥♥♥ in my verbal armor, as well as my personal/professional reputation.

Thank you.